Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Just got back from TDR...

    After a night of bad weather, with horrible thunder accross the Kanto region... the day today was sunny and cold... and with a spectacular view of mount Fuji in the distance from TDR.. I enjoyed the new version of Sindbad, which exceeded my expectations in some ways... Also, stopped by TDL where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and some of the decor for Stitch's event is now in place.. Love those palm trees and pineapple plants by the "Partners" statue...

    Will have photos and a more comprehensive report after I get back to Orlando on the 9th.

    Ciao!

  2. #2

    • The Darkness to Light
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,557

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Wait... you actually liked the new version of Sindbad even though you posted earlier that rides like those are not something you particularly enjoy (rides dumbed down for the kid)? What did they do that was so appealing that I'm not seeing from the videos?

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Several things I did not expect. Will explain more when I have the time. On my way to Honolulu now...

  4. #4

    • All you need is LOVE
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dland USA
    Posts
    9,141

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Cant wait to see


  5. #5

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Can't wait to hear your thoughts and am glad you got to see sakura at TDL!

  6. #6

    • World Traveler
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Aventura, FL
    Posts
    4,018

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    You're such a tease!


  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,103

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    You're such a tease!
    Yeah, he's leaving us hanging , while he's hanging over
    the Pacific!

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    It's a lovely day here in Waikiki!

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    How many non-Japanese people do you see on an average trip to Tokyo Disney?

    I've read that it's really like 99 percent Japanese, where as say, Disneyland, has a much more diverse attendence.

    Is that pretty much due to restrictions on where Oriental Land Company can advertise? I wonder how many Americans, Europeans, whatever, would take a trip to TDR if they knew more about it.

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I wonder how many Americans, Europeans, whatever, would take a trip to TDR if they knew more about it.
    While I think most people know about Tokyo Disneyland, not very many know about Tokyo DisneySea. My friends are all aware that there are Disneylands in Tokyo, Paris, and Hong Kong in addition to the original and the Magic Kingdom. Since they all live so close to the original Disneyland, none of them feel the need to go to the international Disney resorts. I would guess that unless you're a Disney fan, you probably wouldn't know about Tokyo DisneySea. Which is a shame since Toyko DisneySea is the most beautiful theme park in the world.

    When I first saw pictures of this breathtaking park, I immediately wanted to go right away. That's saying quite a lot, since I've never felt the need to visit any other Disney park like I did with Tokyo DisneySea. I'm sure a lot of people and especially Disney fans would feel just the same. Tokyo DisneySea is what compelled me (and many others) to make a trip to Japan in the first place.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  11. #11

    • is on the rocks
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    2,243

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    How many non-Japanese people do you see on an average trip to Tokyo Disney?

    I've read that it's really like 99 percent Japanese, where as say, Disneyland, has a much more diverse attendence.

    Is that pretty much due to restrictions on where Oriental Land Company can advertise? I wonder how many Americans, Europeans, whatever, would take a trip to TDR if they knew more about it.
    I'm thinking that cost is also a factor (but that's just a guess). I know things in Japan can be prohibitively expensive, but I don't know how a trip to Japan would compare to say, a trip to Hong Kong or Europe.
    She did it!


  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    I'm thinking that cost is also a factor (but that's just a guess). I know things in Japan can be prohibitively expensive, but I don't know how a trip to Japan would compare to say, a trip to Hong Kong or Europe.
    It's actually not any more expensive than say, a trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. The plane tickets are the most expensive items in a trip to Japan. You can find cheap hotels that are surprisingly high quality, and prices for food are comparable (if not cheaper) than prices in the U.S.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    It's actually not any more expensive than say, a trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. The plane tickets are the most expensive items in a trip to Japan. You can find cheap hotels that are surprisingly high quality, and prices for food are comparable (if not cheaper) than prices in the U.S.
    Air fare I don't have to worry about. I've been thinking of going next year maybe....we'll see. But food cheaper? The Dollar is still pretty weak against the Yen. The travel time to get there though from New York. Ugh. First JFK-LAX/SFO and then LAX/SFO-NRT.

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Air fare I don't have to worry about. I've been thinking of going next year maybe....we'll see. But food cheaper? The Dollar is still pretty weak against the Yen. The travel time to get there though from New York. Ugh. First JFK-LAX/SFO and then LAX/SFO-NRT.
    That's how I felt about flying to Paris, though it's not as bad as your predicament.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Just got back from TDR...

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    That's how I felt about flying to Paris, though it's not as bad as your predicament.
    Well, when I went to Paris, it was LAX-LHR non-stop. Then we took the Eurostar to Paris, but after staying a few days in London first. To get to Japan, I could fly out of IAD, but that flight is a 777 and busier (I travel as an NRSA). LAX and SFO are 744's, so a better chance. Luckily when I went to DLP, it was on BA, and positive space.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Fantasmic Dragon is back! (Dragon is NOT back, parody video)
    By Skoolboiedd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 01:43 PM
  2. Have you ever read a book from back to front and back again?
    By Barbaraann in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
  3. If you could bring back an old ride back, which would it be?
    By beamer06 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
  4. Just back from WDW!
    By nursemelis374 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 08:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •