Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

Re: TDS5th - Sea of Dreams Short Films Subtitled

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    lol, for the first half of the video I was sitting there thinking how this didn't make me want to go to the resort at all. The last half picks it up again. I guess its another difference in Japanese and American culture. This wouldn't work at all in the US. Some group would protest that Disney was hurting sick childrens feelings all across america by showing the boy being left out because his sister is sick.
    I have the same feelings about the second short coming out this weekend. Here's why:

-Mr. Kurume?!
    -Girls?!
    -Oh, is this your wife?
    -OF COURSE NOT! (turns to the woman) My apologies, ma'am.

I'll let that simmer with you guys for now.

Zeek....THANKS! Great work! Ever consider subtitling a video of either the old or new version of Sinbad?

• Make it Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I have the same feelings about the second short coming out this weekend. Here's why:

-Mr. Kurume?!
    -Girls?!
    -Oh, is this your wife?
    -OF COURSE NOT! (turns to the woman) My apologies, ma'am.

I'll let that simmer with you guys for now.
    Oh geeze... Can't wait!

I'm waiting for ep 5 where the girl is walking around in a giant plastic bubble.

A pink Hello Kitty bubble.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by composerboy View Post
    I'm waiting for ep 5 where the girl is walking around in a giant plastic bubble.

A pink Hello Kitty bubble.
    Don't be silly... that's in episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    Zeek....THANKS! Great work! Ever consider subtitling a video of either the old or new version of Sinbad?
    I don't know Japanese. I had to find someone to translate the audible script for me for these shorts, most of which you can't hear because of how many characters talk over each other.

Frankly, the one ride I'd love to subtitle/adapt is TDS 20K Leagues ride. The audible script sounds more dramatic than the old English one Disneyland used for their original sub ride.

20k ride translated:
    http://www.20kride.com/video.html

Since this exists, SInbad is still the one I'd like to see translated...both versions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Slightly depressing?

How odd. It does strike me as quite an odd promotional tool to be used.
    Actually, I think that by portraying the parks as a tool to make people happy and forget their troubles is quite a strike of genious. You seem to not get it, but that's because you don't have to deal with the problems that most of us adults have to deal with, and why a trip to TDR would be most welcomed.

• The Darkness to Light

True, but at the same time, I can see how it can be seen as odd. The series opens up with a kid who is probably in Disney's stereotypical target audience age range AND is suffering from a real adult issue that most people don't associate with a family going to a Disney park (parental neglect on the emotional level).

That being said, the way that first short displays TDS is in a very positive light. Before going, Shouhei didn't feel like he was part of the family. At the end of it, he finally does feel like a part of one. All because of his drive to make his wish come true (albeit, it was a selfish wish to begin with).

Blog Entries

Agreed, once I watched the whole video I got it and I saw how TDS brought his family together. In fact it kind of hit home to me. My family life as a child was troubled. It was littered with lots of screaming and fighting but the reason that I love WDW so much has to do with the memories of my family while there. I don't remember one fight ever on our trips to WDW. Every picture I have of my family there as a child are all smiles and hugs and happiness. It wasn't like that before we left and it wasn't when we got home. Somehow, WDW was always able to make my family a happy one for at least a week.

• The Darkness to Light

In approximately 4 - 8 hours after the timestamp on this post, you will be able to view Dream 2 of the Sea of Dreams Short Films. (YouTube processed them faster than normal at this hour of night!)

I'm uploading it early because I like you guys.

In this short, we are introduced to Sachiko, a 29-year-old office worker who likes being alone and squeezie-cheese on untoasted white bread. She is given a ticket to DisneySea by a male co-worker, but not knowing what to do with it, she ends up inviting a younger female co-worker to go along with her on her first trim to Tokyo DisneySea. (Target Audiance for this advert, people.) The co-worker just so happens to be a fan of DisneySea and, much like TDLFAN, gives Sachiko a whirlwind tour of all the gems the park has to offer... as far as rides go.

Featured attractions in this short are The Tower of Terror (featuring a translation & adaptation of the second half of the pre-show audio), Raging Spirits, and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

The adult issue in this short is a big one: depression and social anxiety/isolation

Watch the short to find out how DisneySea fixes this very real and adult problem without the use of medication!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIGPPJ4_gdI"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/FIGPPJ4_gdI"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FIGPPJ4_gdI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1MfDnW3v8

By the way, can someone please tell me what the resturant is that they are eating at in Part 2? I never found that out.
    Last edited by ZeekSlider; 04-12-2007 at 09:46 PM.

• Banned User

Ok, I'll admit it, I cried during these films! I don't know what it is but Jap. voices always sound more real and emotional than in English! Man thanks a bunch for these films! I look foreward for more!

-Jojo
    Last edited by FI183; 04-12-2007 at 10:25 PM.

• The Darkness to Light

The same thing happened to me after watching all five films back to back.

...and then again after I began proof-reading my final adaptations before the convertion process to something YouTube would like...

...and even now when I remember how many of the shorts relate to my own real-life issues...

Notice how I said nothing about how they photograph TDS, which is just brillently composed in every shot. It's all about the stories and the people and not so much about the park itself. That's why I hold these films in such high regaurd and consider them a boon in marketing that Domestic Disney never fully realized with their own similar ads here in the states.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    By the way, can someone please tell me what the resturant is that they are eating at in Part 2? I never found that out.
    The name of that restaurant in Lost River Delta is Miguel's El Dorado Cantina. It's located beside Mystic Rhythms.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Exactly! I forgot these films were part of TDS promotion because I was so absorbed in it! The 2nd one hit home because I too used to be like that not to long ago.

-Jojo

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Exactly! I forgot these films were part of TDS promotion because I was so absorbed in it! The 2nd one hit home because I too used to be like that not to long ago.

-Jojo
    Listening to Disney music or actually going to a Disney park is a good way to cheer anybody up.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

"Miguel's El Dorado Cantina" in Lost River Delta. They are eating in the lower floor near the boarding area to the "DisneySea Transit Steamer Line". The restroom they use, however, is on the upper floor of the restaurant near the counter for ordering.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast