Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sea Creature

Mermaid Lagoon Theater Show-Video

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
    Lookie here! I remember people asking for video of the show a while back. This is some pretty good footage.
    [youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PtxgzjorpQ"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/2PtxgzjorpQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PtxgzjorpQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jmptOMRhBQ"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/5jmptOMRhBQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5jmptOMRhBQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 04-08-2007 at 07:04 PM.

• Minion

Re: Mermaid Lagoon Theater Show-Video

I saw these clips just a few days ago. I wonder how they filmed the show without being caught by the CMs. From what I've heard, they are very strict about flash photography and filming during the show.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I saw these clips just a few days ago. I wonder how they filmed the show without being caught by the CMs. From what I've heard, they are very strict about flash photography and filming during the show.
    Probably had it on their lap.

Yes, most likely the person had the camera on their lap or concealed inside their jacket. Most likely, the person was probably caught once or twice. Then on a subsequent visit was able to get enough footage.

There is a video floating around out there from the first year of the show. I don't think it's online though. Same goes for "Encore!"

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

The shame... the shame...

• Banned User

I thought filming wasn't only llowed in TDL, not TDS, must be my imagination. Anyways, this is actually good footage, I wonder if the LM musical will be like this! I can't wait until it comes out!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Its a hidden camera for sure.If the person who recorded the video is watching how about trying it on a performance of the Big Band Beat next!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I thought filming wasn't only llowed in TDL, not TDS, must be my imagination.
    Filming is not allowed indoors at both TDS and TDL. HKDL is also a bit strict on this, especially during "Golden Mickeys" and "Fest of the Lion King".

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    HKDL is also a bit strict on this, especially during "Golden Mickeys" and "Fest of the Lion King".
    Thats a bit of a suprise to say how many online videos of the Golden Mickey's and Lion King are online.

• Banned User

Yes, true, but I witnessed the CM giving the man next to me a very hard time for video taping in Golden Mickeys.. Personally, I think they go overboard. They need to zero in on those who prefer to talk on their cellphones during the show, which is a big problem at HKDL..

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Filming is not allowed indoors at both TDS and TDL. HKDL is also a bit strict on this, especially during "Golden Mickeys" and "Fest of the Lion King".
    Really? I was able to film the whole Lion King show there with no problems, and I was next to the aisle. I did get stopped once while filming the Golden Mickeys, but I got most of it.

I would love to be able to film the little mermaid show in TDS. I tried to my first trip, didn't even try the 2nd or 3rd time.

• Creative Director

oh poo poo. I don't get it- depending on the kind of show it is, I understand. But most of these I would think it is fine. We can film indoors here in the US for most shows.
    Maybe it's a cultural thing as well?

I totally agree that cell phones are no no. I have absolutely NO problem with you filming and taking pictures of the show- knock yourself out. Holding down a conversation with your homeboy- not cool ya'll.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 04-13-2007 at 04:49 PM.

• Banned User

Seems like the CastMembers at Hong Kong Disneyland are not doing there jobs properely if people are able to record videos of shows that are supposed to be prohibited.

OLC should send over some of its CastMembers on loan to deal with guest who choose to ignore the rules.

Hey it took me three attempts to finally get the Ursula AA filmed for you guys! (Not that I minded watching the show three times... it's great!)

Hi thanks for posting this. All of us on a recent trip including my little girl simply loved this show. We didn't do a lot of attractions in both parks due to having two infants between us but this sure was one that made us gape in fascination. I have to take my hats off the girl performing as the mermaid - simply amazing, especially the part where she just went round and round a few times on that thing she's hooked onto. I've seen cirque de soliel, but with that big tail on her, it's another story.

And, can anyone shed light as to whether she had on a mask on her lower face? Seemed like it was a tiny bit artificial looking (just a little as both hubby and I were not sure if there really was a mask) and I can't imagine her having to smile all the way while doing the acrobatic stunts.

Thanks again. It's great to relive the magic and it's a great reminder for my little girl of her wonderful time there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast