Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

So I got my Club Disney 2007 CD yesterday...

...and I have to say, even though I love the music from the show (and the fact that this is my first Import CD as well as my first step into contributing cash to the greatness OLC does for Disney), the one thing that impressed me the most is the packaging.

My CD came with a little plastic sleeve that was easy to remove! In fact, it was constructed exactly like those comic book sleeves with the little sticky flap. Only it was the size for a CD jewel case. No more frustration in trying to open something that's vacum sealed in cling-wrap!!

Then, I saw that the jewel case came in a protective cardboard box with a very nice quality of paper. It even had a foil printing that matched the CD's insert booklet! What really got my attention, however, was the little piece of cardboard that was wrapped around the spine of the box where the hindge of the CD case would be. It was like a protection barrier and index card all in one!

On top of this, the CD case itself was easy to slide out and open! None of that fighting to slice open some stickey security tape or remove some kind of aluminum retail shop-lifting tag. Everything was very clean as if it came straight from the factory!

Are all CDs packaged like this over in TDR? If so, I may hunt down for that box set that was advertised on the little sticker that was on the dust sleeve. And if it comes in a collective tin, even better!

• Loves Mickey!

Re: So I got my Club Disney 2007 CD yesterday...

Actually, that is just how CD's come packaged in Japan. Then again they also cost much more.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Actually, that is just how CD's come packaged in Japan. Then again they also cost much more.
    It's funny how you have 60 bucks to spend, your choices are to buy one DVD or spend one day at Disneyland. I suffered sticker shock when I saw Anza box set 1 for Sailor Moon musicals used to go for 300 bucks! It didn't help her 5 years of musicals were split into 2 box sets. I had to stick to fansubs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Are all CDs packaged like this over in TDR?
    No, only this CD received the special treatment. Most CD's come the same way they are sold at CD shops in the US. They are shrink-wrapped in plastic except for an informational "half-jacket" that runs along the spine of the CD case. It usually includes more details about the CD itself. It's mean to be thrown away, but I'll usually keep it.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• The Darkness to Light

Aw, nuts. So I guess the box set I keep hearing about for TDR doesn't have any fancy packaging? If so, that's a bit disappointing.

ZeekSlider, which box set are you talking about?
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    And how much did you pay for it, I wonder????

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And how much did you pay for it, I wonder????
    I can't remember the title of it, but someone here on the forums bought it recently at the park (I want to say at TDS, but I don't know if that is right), and both of you guys said it was a really good buy. At this point, I'm just considering actually getting it since the packaging was so impressive for the Club Disney CD.

Is it a Blue Box Set with Mickey and Minnie on the cover and Mt. Prometheus in the background?
    JoeInJpn

If you mean the Treasures of Fantasy: Dreams and Adventures box set the packaging is very impressive. It came packaged in a cardboard box with the title on it. After opening it the box for the set is very nice. The 11 cd's are all ok artwork wise, and don't have much of a booklet (pretty much just a tracklisting). But the set also comes with two books. One is a more in-depth book dealing with the tracklists which makes up for the lack of booklets in the individual cds and the other book appears to be a book about the music and the park.

The set is very very impressive but costs about $250+/- U.S.

The set is only available at TDR or through mail order in Japan. I tried unsucessfully to get them to mail it to me in the U.S. so as my wife jokes I just scheduled a trip just to get the cd set.

The Treasures of Fantasy: Dreams and Adventures box set is the premier Disney park audio release.

I took a picture of the set on display at Bon Voyage. If I get a chance tonight I will post it when I get home.

kustomboy, you forgot to mention that the track listing book also has lyrics to almost all the music.

Most of the music in the box set was released in the original "Treasures of Fantasy" many years ago.

The "Streets of Fantasy" atmosphere CD is the best in the whole set. Mine was signed by the producer of that disc.

More information can be found here:
    http://resortathome.com/cd/treasuresoffantasy2cd.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn

The "Streets of Fantasy" atmosphere CD is the best in the whole set. Mine was signed by the producer of that disc.
    I think that is my favorite cd too. It really is great and is exclusive to that set.

However, all of the other cd's are great too. My only wish was that there was more exclusive TDS audio on the TDS cd. But I guess that will have to wait for the next installment of the Treasures series.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    My only wish was that there was more exclusive TDS audio on the TDS cd. But I guess that will have to wait for the next installment of the Treasures series.
    I wish they would release the Mediterranean Harbor BGM. It's so relaxing and immersive and my favorite BGM out of any of the Disney parks. The AquaSphere BGM (both Daytime and Nighttime) comes a close second, but that was already released.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    The set is only available at TDR or through mail order in Japan. I tried unsucessfully to get them to mail it to me in the U.S. so as my wife jokes I just scheduled a trip just to get the cd set.
    Well, that made my decision easier! Much to my dislike...

Oh well. I wonder if the Japanese had/are having the same problems with the Disneyland 50 Years of Music box set I own.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post

Oh well. I wonder if the Japanese had/are having the same problems with the Disneyland 50 Years of Music box set I own.
    Hmm not sure about that as that Box Set was released everywhere,my local HMV store had that out on sale just recently.And I'm stuck on a small rock in between England and France.So if we got it,I garantee Japan would of done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast