Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

Quote Originally Posted by jrriddle View Post
    Makes me wonder is TDS's next port will be Finding Nemo themed. Every other park seems to be jumping on that wagon.
    Nemo will make it to TDS eventually, but first in a special event. Shhh!

I think Nemo would make a great addition to my monorail tunnel idea.

A few years ago there was talk of a new port at the NW corner featuring ancient Greece and focusing on Hercules.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    I first heard of a Soarin' attraction with DaVinci's flying machine back in 2001. For reference, here is the machine at TDS:

http://tinyurl.com/yqgcf6 (LaughingPlace.com link)

I personally think it would be an "appropriately themed" attraction for the area.

JoeInJpn
    That works.
    Not being all that familiar with the park is there room for such a large showbuilding?

A few years ago there was talk of a new port at the NW corner featuring ancient Greece and focusing on Hercules.

JoeInJpn
    I was under the impression that the ancient Greece port was just a hold over idea from Port Disney's Hero's Harbour.

I was under the impression that the ancient Greece port was just a hold over idea from Port Disney's Hero's Harbour.
    Yes, that's correct. But it was the first additional port to be discussed as a possibility for TDS.
    JoeInJpn

That works.
    Not being all that familiar with the park is there room for such a large showbuilding?
    Here is a screen shot I took from Google Maps. The photo is a bit old but you can see the space available (purple) behind the Roman Ruins area (blue-green). Also, the show building would have to be tall. The Roman Ruins/Aqueduct Bridge area is elevated over the backstage (purple) area. So it would "fit."

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

To be honest, I am not sure how big a building could be built but there is whole parcel of land opened between Port Discovery and the Indy ride, that could probably accomodate an entire new port if designed well.. I am not sure how much space they have behind the Roman Ruins but I hear that there is enough room for expansion back there, and the Roman Ruins will probably be taken down to expand into that area, which as of now... comprises of backstage storage space for what I understand.

And Joe... that Nemo event sounds interesting...

• Minion

JoeInJpn
    Personally, I don't want to see Nemo or any Pixar characters go into Tokyo DisneySea; they would look terribly out of place. I like that monorail tunnel idea; it would hide the backstage areas of Tokyo DisneySea and give people a reason to pay for the monorail.

I would like to see that large parcel of land developed for Port Discovery and Lost River Delta. That piece of land could easily fit 2 or 3 E-ticket attractions for both ports.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I am not sure how much space they have behind the Roman Ruins but I hear that there is enough room for expansion back there, and the Roman Ruins will probably be taken down to expand into that area, which as of now... comprises of backstage storage space for what I understand.
    I don't want to see them tear down the beautiful Roman Ruins. I'm sure there are other ways of expanding into that area. Perhaps they could lead a walkway to the entrance of the Soarin' attraction from some other part of Mediterranean Harbor.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I would like to see that large parcel of land developed for Port Discovery and Lost River Delta. That piece of land could easily fit 2 or 3 E-ticket attractions for both ports.
    Then those ports have all the attractions. Lost River Delta doesn't need 3 E-tickets. I don't see a problem with adding Disney characters in that it is necessary. It's why Disney Sea is drawin in poor attendance...because Disneyland (full of Disney characters) is right next to it.

• Sea Creature

On another board, TDLFan had the excellent idea of building the rumored HKDL POTC "land' at TDS.
    I said it there I'll say it here:
    BEST IDEA EVER!
    That would be smart but I am so sick of Pirates!

• Banned User

Monster's are futuristic? Automobiles are futuristic? America Sings was Futuristic? Even Carousel of Progress barely fit the theme.
    I don't disagree with you. Monsters Inc is lame as lame can be for Tomorrowland. I do think Autopia works though. Look at HK Dinseyland's. In the case of America Sings (which I thought never fit even as an 11 year old) and COP, I think the Carousel theatre was "futuristic" in and of itself, regardless of what the show was....maybe.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Then those ports have all the attractions. Lost River Delta doesn't need 3 E-tickets. I don't see a problem with adding Disney characters in that it is necessary. It's why Disney Sea is drawin in poor attendance...because Disneyland (full of Disney characters) is right next to it.
    But I think Port Discovery needs to expand and could use another E-ticket attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    That would be smart but I am so sick of Pirates!
    I hear you, and it's only going to get worse with the 3rd film this summer.
    But I just got back from WDW recently, and if I see that little clownfish one more time...talk about overexposure.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I don't disagree with you. Monsters Inc is lame as lame can be for Tomorrowland. I do think Autopia works though. Look at HK Dinseyland's. In the case of America Sings (which I thought never fit even as an 11 year old) and COP, I think the Carousel theatre was "futuristic" in and of itself, regardless of what the show was....maybe.
    Having said all that, TDL's Monster's ride will probably be really amazing and blow Midway Madness out of the water.

• Minion

Having said all that, TDL's Monster's ride will probably be really amazing and blow Midway Madness out of the water.
    I agree. Especially with the $88 million budget it's getting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast