Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
  1. #31

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrriddle View Post
    Having said all that, TDL's Monster's ride will probably be really amazing and blow Midway Madness out of the water.
    Don't be so sure... The latest drawing I have seen of this, appears the TDL Monsters ride will be a glorifed omnimover and not much else... but I may be incorrect. Besides... the new building for it doesn't look that impressive or big. We'll know for sure once it's opened... but I think "Mania" may have the edge here.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    It's why Disney Sea is drawin in poor attendance...because Disneyland (full of Disney characters) is right next to it.
    You know.. I don't quite agree with that. TDS has enough characters to keep the crowds entertained. Major shows feature the characters and many do the meet and greet circuit around the park.. but this being the perfect 2nd gate to TDL... well, it will always be viewed as the 2nd gate behind the main draw which is TDL of course. TDS gives japanese guests a different experience and feel and I believe that may be a reason for TDS' performance, which has been much more succesful than the other 2nd gates in Paris and CA. Can't place blame on the park as it is stunning in every squared foot, but any park, as good as it may be, will always be 2nd bananas to the "Disneyland" park next door.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-21-2007 at 07:40 PM.

  2. #32

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Don't be so sure... The latest drawing I have seen of this, appears the TDL Monsters ride will be a glorifed omnimover and not much else... but I may be incorrect. Besides... the new building for it doesn't look that impressive or big. We'll know for sure once it's opened... but I think "Mania" may have the edge here.


    You know.. I don't quite agree with that. TDS has enough characters to keep the crowds entertained. Major shows feature the characters and many do the meet and greet circuit around the park.. but this being the perfect 2nd gate to TDL... well, it will always be viewed as the 2nd gate behind the main draw which is TDL of course. TDS gives japanese guests a different experience and feel and I believe that may be a reason for TDS' performance, which has been much more succesful than the other 2nd gates in Paris and CA. Can't place blame on the park as it is stunning in every squared foot, but any park, as good as it may be, will always be 2nd bananas to the "Disneyland" park next door.
    Where did you see this concept art? And I don't think that Tokyo DisneySea has poor attendance by any means; it attracted 12.1 million guests in 2006.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  3. #33

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    29

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post


    TDS has enough characters to keep the crowds entertained. Major shows feature the characters and many do the meet and greet circuit around the park.. but this being the perfect 2nd gate to TDL... well, it will always be viewed as the 2nd gate behind the main draw which is TDL of course. TDS gives japanese guests a different experience and feel and I believe that may be a reason for TDS' performance, which has been much more succesful than the other 2nd gates in Paris and CA. Can't place blame on the park as it is stunning in every squared foot, but any park, as good as it may be, will always be 2nd bananas to the "Disneyland" park next door.
    Can't agree more with that.

  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Where did you see this concept art?
    In last month's Disney Fan Magazine.

  5. #35

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    The biggest problem with Soarin going into the Med Harbour would be that you have another E Ticket attraction within the front area of the park.It would leave guest to deciding either to go left for Tower of Terror or right for Soarin,but wouldn't help the back areas of the park.I think it could lead to crowd control problems first thing in the morning with people rushing to grab Fast Passes for Tower of Terror,than rushing to the other side of the Harbour to ride Soarin.Also it could be a bit of a nightmare to have such a high capacity ride next to the Harbour which has Mythica and BraviSEAmo playing at certain times of the day.Also I could see CastMember needing to close of the attraction each night like there often do with Splash Mountain due to the fireworks being launched close by,due to the wind!

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The biggest problem with Soarin going into the Med Harbour would be that you have another E Ticket attraction within the front area of the park.It would leave guest to deciding either to go left for Tower of Terror or right for Soarin,but wouldn't help the back areas of the park.I think it could lead to crowd control problems first thing in the morning with people rushing to grab Fast Passes for Tower of Terror,than rushing to the other side of the Harbour to ride Soarin.Also it could be a bit of a nightmare to have such a high capacity ride next to the Harbour which has Mythica and BraviSEAmo playing at certain times of the day.Also I could see CastMember needing to close of the attraction each night like there often do with Splash Mountain due to the fireworks being launched close by,due to the wind!
    Hmmmm if Soarin' comes to TDS, will this be where OLC starts making mistakes with this park, and it loses it's near "perfect status" among fans????

    And oh my God, Midway Mania beating out TDL's Monsters Inc? That's shocking, isn't it? Or wouldn't it be?

  7. #37

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    I think OLC has already made a number of mistakes with the park already.Theming wise its excellent in execution and can't be beat when up against any other theme park.But it fails in so many other areas like its list of attractions,way to many thrill rides and not enough family attractions in my opinion.That could be because there had a younger demo in mind when building this park and were trying to target it more towards the teens.

    I had heard in a Al Lutz article a while back that the Toy Story Mania attraction was supposed to be a scale down version of the Monsters Inc attraction being built in Tokyo Disneyland.Will be interesting to keep a eye on through!

  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Hmmmm if Soarin' comes to TDS, will this be where OLC starts making mistakes with this park, and it loses it's near "perfect status" among fans????
    NO, we feared the same when Raging Spirits was announced, but he pulled it off quite nicely in theming. Besides... I am sure OLC will do whatever it takes to make sure a Soarin' ride at TDS meet "their" standards, NOT Disney's.

    And oh my God, Midway Mania beating out TDL's Monsters Inc? That's shocking, isn't it? Or wouldn't it be?
    No it would not surprise me. Then again... we have not seen the finished product, have we?

  9. #39

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I think OLC has already made a number of mistakes with the park already.Theming wise its excellent in execution and can't be beat when up against any other theme park.But it fails in so many other areas like its list of attractions,way to many thrill rides and not enough family attractions in my opinion.That could be because there had a younger demo in mind when building this park and were trying to target it more towards the teens.

    I had heard in a Al Lutz article a while back that the Toy Story Mania attraction was supposed to be a scale down version of the Monsters Inc attraction being built in Tokyo Disneyland.Will be interesting to keep a eye on through!
    With the exception of Tower of Terror, I would consider every other E-ticket in Tokyo DisneySea to be a family attraction.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  10. #40

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The biggest problem with Soarin going into the Med Harbour would be that you have another E Ticket attraction within the front area of the park.It would leave guest to deciding either to go left for Tower of Terror or right for Soarin,but wouldn't help the back areas of the park.I think it could lead to crowd control problems first thing in the morning with people rushing to grab Fast Passes for Tower of Terror,than rushing to the other side of the Harbour to ride Soarin.Also it could be a bit of a nightmare to have such a high capacity ride next to the Harbour which has Mythica and BraviSEAmo playing at certain times of the day.Also I could see CastMember needing to close of the attraction each night like there often do with Splash Mountain due to the fireworks being launched close by,due to the wind!
    How will Soarin' affect the lagoon shows? The queue would not extend out into the guest viewing area. And Soarin' will be completely enclosed in a show building, so the fireworks will not affect the guests.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  11. #41

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Count me up as another person who thinks Soarin' in Med Harbor is a big mistake.

    That is a HUGE show building.

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Can't place blame on the park as it is stunning in every squared foot, but any park, as good as it may be, will always be 2nd bananas to the "Disneyland" park next door.
    Bless you for saying that because I've been saying for months now that if TDS was built in DCA's spot DL would still be packing it in and the Cali locals would be posting the same mockery song & dance about attendance numbers.

  12. #42

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Count me up as another person who thinks Soarin' in Med Harbor is a big mistake.

    That is a HUGE show building.
    They could make the show building about the same size as the one at California Adventure if they build part of it underground. Since most of the park is elevated, the show building probably won't be visible from many places. The Roman Ruins would most likely block out most of the show building from the lower sections of the park. And if the show building is themed properly, I'm sure it could fit into Mediterranean Harbor just fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Bless you for saying that because I've been saying for months now that if TDS was built in DCA's spot DL would still be packing it in and the Cali locals would be posting the same mockery song & dance about attendance numbers.
    How I wish we got Tokyo DisneySea instead of California Adventure.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  13. #43

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    With the exception of Tower of Terror, I would consider every other E-ticket in Tokyo DisneySea to be a family attraction.
    A family attraction in my opinion is one that the whole family can enjoy no matter of height or health,like a Haunted Mansion or Pooh.

    Tower of Terror,Raging Spirits,Stormrider,Journey to Centre of the Earth and the Indiana Jones Adventure all require you to either be a certain height or be free from back,heart conditions etc etc.

    I'd consider these all signature attractions and also attractions of limits to young familys due to restrictions.

  14. #44

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    How will Soarin' affect the lagoon shows? The queue would not extend out into the guest viewing area. And Soarin' will be completely enclosed in a show building, so the fireworks will not affect the guests.
    If the queue is built facing the Harbour it will cause congestion between people watching the lagoon shows and those entering the attraction.The entire Med is usually filled up to capacity during the big lagoon shows and to add a E Ticket attraction will result in a lot more people in one area of the park,and I don't think the area is big enough to handle the extra bodies passing through.And I wasn't refering to the queue being station around the viewing area.

    Also it doesn't matter if the Soarin attraction is in a show building or not due to fire regulations that building would need to be evacuated every night like Splash often is for the fireworks to go off.

  15. #45

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: So what's next for Disney Sea?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    They could make the show building about the same size as the one at California Adventure if they build part of it underground.


    How would that work would it not cause a problem with the park being on reclaim land!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •