• Vehicle rotating backward

The next-best thing to Miracosta

This is going to be a hard question, I know, but I'm beginning to start out the planning, learning, etc for next year's Japan mega-trip. My visit last year was a quick personal break while in the country for business reasons, and my hotel and stuff was already taken care of. I didn't get nearly as much time to explore the entire resort area and basically got to run the greatest hits of the parks and take in the atmosphere before I left.

I'm dedicated to getting a room at Miracosta but in the event I can't or they're sold out or something, what's my next best choice? Actually, I guess what I should ask is what's the expected opening date of TDL hotel? Depending on when it is I may just want to push back my trip further and wait for things to develop, since I'd also love to see the Cirque show they're going to be putting in there.

I'd really, really like to do HMC or TDLH because it means I wouldn't have to deal with much transportation. Ambassador would work as well, I guess, since I'd be bussing between the two parks anyway. It just doesn't seem anywhere as fancy as Miracosta.

• On A Disney World Tour...

Re: The next-best thing to Miracosta

The Oriental Land last official date for their Disneyland Hotel was "Fiscal Year 2008". I guess we'll know more during summer.

Now I must say that their Ambassador hotel even though its not adjacent to a park as the Mira Costa looked really cool from the inside. Wonderful theming, every bulding are design around a narrow winter garden. I didn't get any pictures, but you should try to find some on the internet. Will post if I find some.

Tata.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    This is going to be a hard question, I know, but I'm beginning to start out the planning, learning, etc for next year's Japan mega-trip. My visit last year was a quick personal break while in the country for business reasons, and my hotel and stuff was already taken care of. I didn't get nearly as much time to explore the entire resort area and basically got to run the greatest hits of the parks and take in the atmosphere before I left.

I'm dedicated to getting a room at Miracosta but in the event I can't or they're sold out or something, what's my next best choice? Actually, I guess what I should ask is what's the expected opening date of TDL hotel? Depending on when it is I may just want to push back my trip further and wait for things to develop, since I'd also love to see the Cirque show they're going to be putting in there.

I'd really, really like to do HMC or TDLH because it means I wouldn't have to deal with much transportation. Ambassador would work as well, I guess, since I'd be bussing between the two parks anyway. It just doesn't seem anywhere as fancy as Miracosta.
    I believe the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is expected to open around April 2008, about the time of Tokyo Disneyland's 25th Anniversary (April 15). I would still choose the Hotel MiraCosta over the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel because the views in the Hotel MiraCosta are far better than that of any other Disney hotel. The sheer opulence and atmosphere of the Hotel MiraCosta are unmatched; you actually feel like you're in Mediterranean Harbor. While the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will be very pretty and elegant as well (based on my experiences in the Grand Floridian and the Disneyland Hotel in Paris), the Hotel MiraCosta is much more extravagant and beautiful. The architecture of the Hotel MiraCosta is breathtaking, especially the trompe l'oeil paintings on the facade.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

^^^(I just realized I can see the window of the room I stayed in in your signature TDR_fan!)

I prefer the MiraCosta, it is the best Disney hotel that I have ever stayed at.

However, my stay at the Ambassador was very very nice. The rooms were subtle and elegant, with a beautiful view of the city in the distance and the monorail passing by. Then there was the Tick Tock Diner which was great to have breakfast at (I wish I could have one of their Strawberry Danishes right now!) and their "double" hot dogs were good to. And the service, as is always the case at TDR, was top notch.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    ^^^(I just realized I can see the window of the room I stayed in in your signature TDR_fan!)

I prefer the MiraCosta, it is the best Disney hotel that I have ever stayed at.

However, my stay at the Ambassador was very very nice. The rooms were subtle and elegant, with a beautiful view of the city in the distance and the monorail passing by. Then there was the Tick Tock Diner which was great to have breakfast at (I wish I could have one of their Strawberry Danishes right now!) and their "double" hot dogs were good to. And the service, as is always the case at TDR, was top notch.

Where was your room? Was it a Harbor View room or a Piazza View room? Mine was a Piazza View and sadly, not located in that picture. And yes, the Hotel MiraCosta is by far the best Disney hotel.

You see the entry way that Guests pass underneath the hotel to enter the park?

Just to the right and it's the second window up. We had a beautiful Harbor view.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    You see the entry way that Guests pass underneath the hotel to enter the park?

Just to the right and it's the second window up. We had a beautiful Harbor view.
    Lucky. You must have got a perfect view considering Mount Prometheus is directly in the center of your view. You were on the 4th floor right?

That I don't remember. I can check my room key.

One week after the park opened, I stayed on the fourth floor, right underneath the Seiko clock.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Vehicle rotating backward

TDR_Fan, do you have actual info about what the TDL Hotel will be like when it opens, or are you just guessing?

No problem either way, just wondering about what it's going to be like.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

TDR_Fan is going of his own opinions that no hotel on earth will ever match the the level of detail yada yada like the Hotel MiraCosta does.

However he does hold a point about the hotel views,as the new Tokyo Disneyland hotel will be part facing industrial area.However the other side should be stunning with all the land mark Tokyo Disney Resort attractions apearing out through the skyline!

The Disney Resort Partner hotels are a good choice. I stayed at Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay which is a two min walk to the Monorail station. Had a great view of the parks from my room too!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    However he does hold a point about the hotel views,as the new Tokyo Disneyland hotel will be part facing industrial area.However the other side should be stunning with all the land mark Tokyo Disney Resort attractions apearing out through the skyline!
    It was my understanding NO room at the TDL Hotle would face the JR tracks. Besides... there is a neighborhood (a very pricey one I may add) on the other side of those tracks and is not industrial at all.. (that industrial view would be the other side of TDS' towards Shin-Urayasu).
    I may be incorrect about the rooms facing the tracks though...