Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• When Will It Return?

I'm going back to Tokyo!!

That's right, we had so much fun last year that a friend and I are going back this year - exactly a year to the day of our first trip!

We had such a great time last year, we are DOUBLING our trip length for this year! This year we're leaving on 5/26 and won't be back until 6/8. That's 13 days experiencing the awesomeness that is Tokyo and TDR. Now we couldn't possibly need 13 days, we're going to be bored for a few of those days right? Haha, try the complete opposite. We're going to be staying at 4 different hotels in those 13 days and seeing much more than merely TDR. Here's our tenative plan thus far...

5/27: Arrive in Tokyo, Narita Airport Terminal 2 (the next day), on Japan Airlines #61, use either Narita Express train to Tokyo Station, or Keisei Limited Express to Keiseifunabashi Station then Funabashi Station to Tokyo Station on JR Rapid Airport Narita line then Tokyo to Maihama Station on JR Keiyo Line where'll step out and be at the awesome Tokyo Disney Resort. Then we'll board the Disney Resort Cruiser bus to our first hotel, Hilton Tokyo Bay seen below:

5/28-5/31:We'll be visiting Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea for the first 4 days of our trip. Why 4 days? Because the longest park-hopper that TDR offers is 4 days long. We'll spend all day at Tokyo Disneyland on 5/28, all day at Tokyo DisneySea 5/29, and then we'll have our choice and the ability to hop on 5/30 and 5/31. You can read all about the Find Stitch event happening at Tokyo Disneyland, and the 5th Anniversary & Spring Carnival events happening at Tokyo DisneySea from their website here.

6/1-6/4: We move out of the Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel and move into our 2nd hotel of the trip, and the one I'm most excited about, the Hotel Nikko Tokyo shown below:

While there we plan on taking 2-3 guided tours around Tokyo over that weekend. Sights we plan to see include Mt Fuji & Hakone National Park, Tokyo Tower, a Japanese Tea Ceremony, National Diet Building, Imperial Palace, Asakusa Temple, Ginza Shopping District, and hopefully give us a good reading of the pulse of Tokyo itself. We also hope to visit Sega Joypolis which is about 5 minutes away from Hotel Nikko Tokyo.

This will be part of the Mt. Fuji/Hakone Nat'l Park tour:

6/4: Check out of Hotel Nikko Tokyo, walk to Tokyo Teleport Station, hop on JR Rinkai Line to Shinkiba, then transfer to JR Keiyo Line to Maihama Station at Tokyo Disney Resort. On this night, we're actually going to be staying on property at TDR! Yup we hope to be staying one night at Disney's Ambassador Hotel, shown below:

That day we'll most like be buying starlight passes (after 6pm) to Tokyo Disneyland, and a 3-day park hopper after that.

6/5: Check out of Disney's Ambassador Hotel, ride shuttle bus and check-in to our 4th hotel - the Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel shown below:

Then, ride shuttle bus back to TDR and spend all day at Tokyo Disneyland, then 6/6 at Tokyo DisneySea, then 6/7 at the park of our choosing or both if we choose to hop.

6/8: Check out (in tears) of Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel, ride shuttle bus to TDR, do something if we have time, then head for Maihama Station. Board JR Musashino Line train to Nishifunabashi Station, then board JR Sobu Chuo Line to Funabashi, then walk to KeiseiFunabashi and board Keisei Line Limited Express to Narita Airport Terminal 2. Then board Japan Airlines #62, arrive back in LA 7 hours before we left!

As you can tell traveling around Tokyo isn't quite as easy as driving around LA is, but it's not impossible. Our plans are still quite tenative but that's not stopping us from being excited! We certainly won't be bored at all!

-- PMM

P.S. During our trip I hope to post plently of Photo TR's here so all the folks here can get a vicarious taste of all the Tokyo awesomeness!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Re: I'm going back to Tokyo!!

I'm very envious. That's nearly 2 weeks in Tokyo and over a week at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Oh well, at least I'm visiting again from July 17-22. And I get to spend all 5 nights in the Hotel MiraCosta, "Harbor View" rooms every night (and a suite on the first night).
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

I think four days is too much even for TDR. We're going for six days at the end of this month (so really, only four FULL days as the first and last are for flying), and we're devoting one day to TDS, a half day to TDR, a full day for Tokyo sightseeing with maybe some TDS that night, and then a sidetrip and TDR parkhopping on the 4th day.

I really wish I had more time to fit in a trip to Kyoto and Hiroshima but our schedule is severely limited by work and school. I could probably stay for another week but she really needs to get back on time.

Sounds like a well-planned trip. You're gonna have lots of fun seeing as you're familiar with getting yourself around. If you'd like a local guide, let me know. ;-)

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I did about 4 and a half days and never had time to do it all.Plus so many of the shows and attractions are so good at TDR that you'll want to do them again and again.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Iron-Clad Allie

Bring me back a souveniere.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-04-2007 at 01:40 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Sounds like a well-planned trip. You're gonna have lots of fun seeing as you're familiar with getting yourself around. If you'd like a local guide, let me know. ;-)

JoeInJpn
    Hey Joe, we met you in Ikspari during our last trip! I didn't know who you were at all but Lynn sure did. Maybe we can meet up at some point during the trip? I'm sure Lynn would appreciate seeing you again, as would I.

As for the personal guide thing, we were actually looking at some 'agency' I guess that provides personal guides free of charge, as long as you pay the guide's expenses. It sounded like a neat idea, but if you're willing I'm sure we both would rather go with someone we've at least met before! Nikko Tokyo is right smack dab in Odaiba which we're really looking forward to, as well as the rest of Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    I did about 4 and a half days and never had time to do it all.Plus so many of the shows and attractions are so good at TDR that you'll want to do them again and again.
    Hence why we'll be going through TWO full 4-day park hopper passes!

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

7 and a half days in TDR? I can only dream.... But I'll probably not spend so much time there although I love TDR. I would like to check out Hakone, Takayama, Shirakawago and Takaragawa onsen on my next trip to Tokyo (hopefully next year!).

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Hey Joe, we met you in Ikspari during our last trip! I didn't know who you were at all but Lynn sure did. Maybe we can meet up at some point during the trip? I'm sure Lynn would appreciate seeing you again, as would I.
    Doh! Yes I remember now! LOL! Hey, it would be nice to meet you guys again. But if you have a chance to get a free pro tour guide, go for it!

For sure, I'll be at TDS on May 31st for the finale of the 5th Anniversary events. It seems like you're doing one tour going to Mt. Fuji and Hakone. Then another tour staying in the city. So if you're free in Odaiba, it could be another time to get together. So much to do in that area alone.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Do I read you right? You're going to Mt Fuji, Hakone, Tokyo Tower, a Japanese Tea Ceremony, the National Diet Building, the Imperial Palace, Asakusa Temple, and Ginza all in one weekend? I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I think four days is too much even for TDR. We're going for six days at the end of this month (so really, only four FULL days as the first and last are for flying), and we're devoting one day to TDS, a half day to TDR, a full day for Tokyo sightseeing with maybe some TDS that night, and then a sidetrip and TDR parkhopping on the 4th day.
    I always use a 4-Day Park Ticket for my trips to TDR, and I always wish I had more time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Doh! Yes I remember now! LOL! Hey, it would be nice to meet you guys again. But if you have a chance to get a free pro tour guide, go for it!
    I highly recommend Joe to be your free personal tour guide. However, I noticed he does not say he wants to meet TDLFAN who may or may not be around... Plus, I recommend the Keisei option from the airport over the NRT Express. Much cheaper.
    As for the Nikko Hotel, it's a nice classy hotel but nothing out or the ordinary special. You are next door to the elevated train to Shinsaibashi near Ginza, and a very short walk to Venus Fort, Tokyo's answer to Vegas' Caesar Palace Forum Shoppes.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    For sure, I'll be at TDS on May 31st for the finale of the 5th Anniversary events. It seems like you're doing one tour going to Mt. Fuji and Hakone. Then another tour staying in the city. So if you're free in Odaiba, it could be another time to get together. So much to do in that area alone.
    Great! The only thing we really know of there is Sega Joypolis, which we really want to check out. Otherwise, we're anticipating become even bigger fans of serendipity!

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie
    Do I read you right? You're going to Mt Fuji, Hakone, Tokyo Tower, a Japanese Tea Ceremony, the National Diet Building, the Imperial Palace, Asakusa Temple, and Ginza all in one weekend? I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
    Well two tours that we hope to take will take us to all those places. Yes it sounds exhausting which is exactly why we're looking at tours to get us to all those places. There'd be no way that we'd have enough energy on our own to do it all, even though we really want to do it all! One thing on our side is that we are not morning people, so we have no problem extending our night through midnight and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I highly recommend Joe to be your free personal tour guide. However, I noticed he does not say he wants to meet TDLFAN who may or may not be around... Plus, I recommend the Keisei option from the airport over the NRT Express. Much cheaper.
    As for the Nikko Hotel, it's a nice classy hotel but nothing out or the ordinary special. You are next door to the elevated train to Shinsaibashi near Ginza, and a very short walk to Venus Fort, Tokyo's answer to Vegas' Caesar Palace Forum Shoppes.
    Do I detect a hint in there somewhere? Hey if you want to meet up with us at some point, that'd be great as well. We've been there once but we're still very much rookies at TDR. We're familiar with the main attractions, but we both enjoy seeing all the 'little things' about a park. From what I know, MC'ers are generally good with that sort of thing.

I have been taking a strong look at the Keisei option over the N'EX train coming from the airport, but Keisei would take us out to some other station right? I know we can go from Tokyo to Maihama on Keiyo Line, can we get from whatever station that is where Keisei would drop us off to Maihama relatively easily?

Hmmm Venus Fort eh? Is it me, or does really sound like Venus passed gas? Lynn's a shopping nut, and I know wherever there's shopping, there's food, so that means we won't starve to death. I'm happy about that.

A note to the round-up folks - we're really looking for anyone out there with any tips, tricks, helps, guides, or any other information that can make our trip as best it can be! If anyone out there has anything to contribute, we want to hear from you!!!

-- PMM

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I think four days is too much even for TDR.

Naaah! It's a vacation, not a sprint!

I think if he has the time and money to do 4 days, that's awesome. If someone from out of the area told me they wanted to go to Disneyland and ONLY Disneyland... I would say come 3 days! Don't want to wear them or myself out to see everything in the time allotted.

This sounds like a fantastic trip. Do you think you can tell me more about how much this will all cost? You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know. I REALLY want to take a trip to Japan sometime next year so this will be great for me to start planning! ...and saving!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• When Will It Return?

Traveling to Japan is NOT cheap. Here's a breakdown of our known costs thus far:
    • Airplane tickets & 3 Nights @ Hotel Nikko Tokyo: $2690 ($1,025/person Roundtrip coach on Japan Airlines, plus $638 in airline & hotel taxes/fees)
    • 1 Night @ Ambassador Hotel: $267
    • First 5 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay: $750
    • Second 3 nights @ Palm & Fountain Terrace: $425
    • 4-day Park Hopper to Tokyo Disneyland/Tokyo DisneySea $250 (for 2)
    • Other 4-day Hopper to TDR: $250 (for 2)
    • Mt Fuji/Hakone Tour: $250 (for 2)
    • Other Tokyo Tours: $150 (for 2)
    • Total: $4782

And that's without train transportation, food, souvenirs or admission to whereever else we go. It's pricey but it could be a lot worse and it's all very much worth it.

-- PMM

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast