Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Some last-minute questions about my Tokyo Disney/Japan Trip

Quote Originally Posted by MPierce View Post
    So everthing boils down to money, even at TDL.
    Yes, but at least, we at TDR still have a higher level of excellent qualtiy like we used to have at DL/WDW in the 70's and 80's. YET! Their current 1-day ticket prices are almost $20 lower per day over WDW's! Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    2. Can you reccomend a decent jacket that says Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo Disney Sea on it? I'm not into characters or overdone designs. Just something simple with the lettering, i.e. no flashing lights or glitter or Mickey Mouse! Do you have any pictures of jackets you've purchased?

I can! At TDS there was a very lightweight jacket that came in blue and white with the Tokyo DisneySea logo in the upper left of the front. It was very simple and fit me, so I bought that during my first trip. It was still there on my other visits.

• Banned User

Grizzly... can you post a picture of that jacket? Because a lot of the stuff on sale at the parks now is the new lineup for the summer months.

• Banned User

Are there single rider lines in TDL? My girlfriend probably won't want to go on Splash Mountain.

• Banned User

Are there single rider lines in TDL? My girlfriend probably won't want to go on Splash Mountain.
    I honestly can't think of any single rider lines at TDL, and the only one that comes to mind is the one at Raging Spirits at TDS.

• Minion

I don't believe I saw any attractions offering lines for single riders in Tokyo Disneyland.

However, they were offering them in Tokyo DisneySea for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Raging Spirtis.

EDIT: I just checked my old park maps and have confirmed my original statements. Single rider lines are only offered at Tokyo DisneySea and only in the 3 attractions mentioned above.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Do they really shoot water on you in addition to the splash the log makes on Splash Mountain? I didn't believe when I read that.

• Banned User

Do they really shoot water on you in addition to the splash the log makes on Splash Mountain? I didn't believe when I read that.
    No. TDL's Splash Mountain is the driest version of the ride. You never get water thrown at you on purpose, but you may get slightly sprinkled with the jumping water on either side of the log, and the mist that flies off the front of the log at the bottom of the big drop.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    No. TDL's Splash Mountain is the driest version of the ride. You never get water thrown at you on purpose, but you may get slightly sprinkled with the jumping water on either side of the log, and the mist that flies off the front of the log at the bottom of the big drop.
    Really? I wonder which Splash Mountain that was then. The one in Anaheim doesn't squirt water on you on purpose. Last time I went on it though, they were in "testing" and I got more wet than usual.

• Minion

Really? Last time I went, they squirted a whole bunch of water that soaked my entire face. If I remember correctly, it depends on the season. In the summer, you will get additional water splashed on you in addition to the splash created from the final drop. In the winter, they turn off the soakers so you only get minimally wet.

• Banned User

Still... it's minimal. You will never get off TDL's Splash soaked as may be the case with DL's and WDW's.

• Minion

Still... it's minimal. You will never get off TDL's Splash soaked as may be the case with DL's and WDW's.
    I wouldn't call it minimal since I still got pretty wet. Like I said above, my whole face was covered in water. But you're right about the fact that Tokyo Disneyland's version never gets you wet enough to be uncomfortable.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Compare to a lot of the log flume rides all Splash Mountains only get you wet to a certain degree.Its not a like at Universal or Sea World where you may as well of jumped into the lake,with all your cloths on!

We mention on here before that the Tokyo Disneyland version of Splash Mountain has the abilty to change how wet you get on that ride depending on what the weather is like on that day.Aquatopia is another ride which if the days rather cold or wet it can turn off all the wet elements to the ride.Or increase how wet someone can get during the Summer events.

OLC is throwing away millions each year on poncho's by doing this but hey if it keeps guest happy thats all that matters!

Grizzly... can you post a picture of that jacket? Because a lot of the stuff on sale at the parks now is the new lineup for the summer months.
    I'll try. I was really surprised that the jacket was still there 2 years later.

• Banned User

I have some time to kill while my girlfriend gets ready for our side trip from Tokyo Disney. Here are some observations.

TDL: Big Thunder actually has drops! Way better than the Anaheim version.

Space Mountain changes aren`t so hot. However I love the ride without music and I love the old rickity track. Stars seem different. Cant quite put my finger on it.

TDS: Greatest theme park experience Ive ever had.

Journey to the Center of the Earth and Sinbad are the best attractions here.

20,000 Leagues was better than expected. Too hot in there though. The light is a nice touch.

Legend of Mythica. Never thought Id enjoy a daytime show! Entertainment is awesome here. The Mermaid Lagoon theatre was awesome, and its just a kid`s land!

Braviseamo: Altered show because of wind. Today is going to be a nice day. We`re going to try again tonight.

Early entry got us on Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sinbad, Raging Spirits, and Indiana Jones before 10am! Helped us not rush the rest of the day.

That`s all the time I have!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast