Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: Some last-minute questions about my Tokyo Disney/Japan Trip

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    TDS: Greatest theme park experience Ive ever had.
    Amen.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Another satisfied customer I see... and Spokker... have you ridden DLP's BTM?? Faster than TDL's and has two drops in complete darkness...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Faster than TDL's and has two drops in complete darkness...
    And it goes underwater to an island too! Now if only it was better maintained and free of litter and vandalism in the queue.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Another satisfied customer I see... and Spokker... have you ridden DLP's BTM?? Faster than TDL's and has two drops in complete darkness...
    Nope, but I have read a lot about it. As far as Big Thunders go I guess the general concensus is that it's:

1: DLP
    2: TDL/MK
    3: DL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Nope, but I have read a lot about it. As far as Big Thunders go I guess the general concensus is that it's:

1: DLP
    2: TDL/MK
    3: DL
    I agree, except I would rank them like this:

1) Disneyland Paris
    2) Tokyo Disneyland
    3) Magic Kingdom
    4) Disneyland

Tokyo Disneyland's Big Thunder Mountain is like a cross between Disneyland Paris' and Magic Kingdom's version and is unique just like all other Big Thunder Mountains.

• Banned User

I'm killing time at the airport before my flight so here are a few more observations.

I was kind of disappointed that they close down the standby lines at TDS if the lines are still long before park closing but I understand. I guess the cast members have to get home because the trains stop running at midnight.

-The biggest difference between TDL and DL is that TDL lends itself more to sweeping panoramic views and DL is intimate and "cozy", with everything tucked into some corner. In the end I prefer DL much more, but TDL is great in itself.

-I did not notice any difference in park behavior between Japanese and American guests. On our first night at TDL there were many people running, pushing their way through crowds, and shining lights, not just camera flashes, but lights inside of dark rides. We saw mothers changing diapers on benches and a naked kid running through American Waterfront.

On the other hand there were many people who were very nice. But no more or less than in America.

-Four cast members closing an ODV cart??? My girlfriend who used to work ODV in DCA was amazed. Cast members were great. They really get into it and I was amazed that they carry your tray for you at restaurants, at least at Horizon Bay. Imagine going to Hungry Bear at DL and have someone carry your tray. Unbelievable.

I will post pictures and some more experiences when I get home, but I have to find some way to incorporate the TDL part (a thread focusing on differences perhaps) into the Disneyland forum so people will actually read it! Only three guys will see it in here!

• Banned User

Oh, and cast members directing seating at Braviseamo. Amazing!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Nice to read about your experiences at the Tokyo Disney Resort.But what I really want to know was Tokyo Disneyland still a dissapointment to you due to its apearance or did its many offerings many of which are improvements on its US counterparts make it enough to change your opinion.And allow you to spend more time here than you originally intended too.

Also I would consider Tokyo's Big Thunder to be up there with Paris and not down there with the Magic Kingdom's.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    And allow you to spend more time here than you originally intended too.
    I spent about 3 hours in TDL on Wednesday and about 6 hours on Sunday. We did everything that we wanted to do in TDL except for Pooh. We did everything but Small World, Western River, the Fantasyland Rides, and Toontown. Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Pirates were closed.

TDL has a very different feel from DL. I wasn't disappointed in it at all but I am also very glad I focused more on Disney Sea, which we spent a full day, and two half days at.

By 2PM Sunday we were already itching to get back to Disney Sea but stayed because we had a Space Mountain fastpass for 2:45.

• Banned User

The "panoramic views" of TDL versus intimacy at DL is a very valid observation and I agree.. NO OTHER DL PARK has been able to reproduce DL's intimate feel... not even HKDL, as small as it is. Too bad Pooh was closed... as it is the highlight (not to be missed) ride at TDL.

And as for ranking the BTM rides...
    My ranking is this way:
    1) DLP
    2) TDL/DL
    3) MK.

Why do I put MK's at the bottom? Simple: It's the blandest ride with the most inop props. Many of the changes they did to MK's BTM were horrible... the cartoonish bats in the cave, taking out the falling rocks at the top in the last lift... etc etc. It's simply the worst version out there. At least DL's version have more animated props and due to it's size... tighter turns, with the awesome Coyote Cave drop... which is yet another element missing in the MK version. The flooded town simply does not cut it.

• idk my BFF Minnie

TDLFan: I remember you posting your rankings of the other rides... Do you mind posting it again?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123