Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Some last-minute questions about my Tokyo Disney/Japan Trip

None of these questions are monumentally important or anything but I'm curious and feel like talking about TDR in general. I hate posting threads so here are my dumb questions.

1. Does World Bazaar stay open 1 hour after park closing like Main St. does?

2. Can you reccomend a decent jacket that says Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo Disney Sea on it? I'm not into characters or overdone designs. Just something simple with the lettering, i.e. no flashing lights or glitter or Mickey Mouse! Do you have any pictures of jackets you've purchased?

3. Does the World Bazaar have a Bank of Main St. equivalent? Does it do currency exchange? I have all the yen I think I'll need right now, but I'm sure it would be convienent just in case.

4. How hard is to to get a seat on the Narita Express? We arrive on a Wednesday at 3PM and basically have two options, the shuttle bus or the train. I love trains and would prefer the Narita Express. As far as I know you can only make reservations at their ticket counter. If you've experienced it let me know what you thought.

5. Where is a good place to watch Braviseamo? Based on some clips I've seen anywhere around the lagoon would be a good spot but you never know. Is the pavement raised slightly Fantasmic! style or is it all flat DCA lagoon style?

How long do you usually have to wait to get a good spot? I'm the kind of guy who ducks into the 10:30 show of Fantasmic! at Disneyland and sits towards the back so metal bars aren't in my face.

That's all for now. Thanks for your help.

• Minion

Re: Some last-minute questions about my Tokyo Disney/Japan Trip

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    5. Where is a good place to watch Braviseamo? Based on some clips I've seen anywhere around the lagoon would be a good spot but you never know. Is the pavement raised slightly Fantasmic! style or is it all flat DCA lagoon style?

How long do you usually have to wait to get a good spot? I'm the kind of guy who ducks into the 10:30 show of Fantasmic! at Disneyland and sits towards the back so metal bars aren't in my face.
    I hope you don't mind me answering these 2 questions for now since I'm not certain about the other ones.

A good place to watch BraviSEAmo would be one with a view of Mount Prometheus. Basically, anywhere around the lagoon like you said. There are elevated walkways around the lagoon, so finding a spot with a good view is not difficult. Note that the area at the very front against the railings are sitting area only.

I've seen people claiming spots for BraviSEAmo 2 hours before the show, but you should be able to find a good spot about 30 minutes prior to the show.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

1. It is not advertised but the shops try not to stay open more than 30min after park closing.

2. Unfortunately, those types of jackets were available before, but not anymore. The selection is very limited for jackets especially during this season. You may find some shirts/caps with only the park name on them.

3. Yes, there is a cash machine and bank window in the SMBC Bank located on Center Street. That is, the left side street from Main Street. There are limited hours and days available.

4. You should be able to get a seat with no problem at the time you're arriving at Narita.

5. There are various elevated viewing areas around the harbor. Along the steps of the Roman Ruins near "Zambini Brothers", or the slope going towards "American Waterfront" in front of the MiraCosta, or from Ponte Vecchio. Although it gives you the back view, it is still great. Show up at the earliest 20-30min before show starts on weekdays.

Good luck.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    1. It is not advertised but the shops try not to stay open more than 30min after park closing.
    Does this rule only go for World Bazaar in Tokyo Disneyland? And do the shops in Mediterranean Harbor also stay open 30 minutes after park closing?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    You may find some shirts/caps with only the park name on them.
    I could make do with a hat.
    Show up at the earliest 20-30min before show starts on weekdays.
    My first day at TDS will be a Thursday. I have no problem with waiting 30 minutes to an hour. Great!

When I went in 01 I found only one shirt in the entire park with the park's name on it, and it was a Tigger shirt. But, it didn't matter, because no shirt I found could fit a 6'1 200lb American

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Yes do bare in mind t shirts and other clothing only go up to a size L...

Yes you're right...I bought it, but I think I need to get down to like 150 lbs to wear it. (Shrinking 2 inches would help too)

I don't know what the cultural reason or whatever is, but I was shocked that out of tons of clothing, I could only find one little shirt that said "Tokyo Disneyland" on it!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Just one more piece of advice, if you want a great view of Legend of Mythica get there very early. When I was there last year (granted it was the week they celebrated TDS's 5th anniversary) people were getting their seats 2 - 2 1/2 hours early. I am sure this is not as bad this year but I just wanted to make you aware. Also, don't miss Big Band Beat. Mickey Mouse is phenominal in it!

Have a wonderful time!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    I don't know what the cultural reason or whatever is, but I was shocked that out of tons of clothing, I could only find one little shirt that said "Tokyo Disneyland" on it!
    I think this is driven by copyrights, since they have to pay Disney some percentage of merchandise profits....

• Shubisha

They should come up with a "Tokyo Parks" line of clothing =D

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

But have there not just started a new line of exclusive merchadise with the name D24 or something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think this is driven by copyrights, since they have to pay Disney some percentage of merchandise profits....
    That could be the case, but they must pay Disney for the tons of shirts I saw with characters on them, no? It's not like the other shirts were just plain clothes. I still find it interesting/confusing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    But have there not just started a new line of exclusive merchadise with the name D24 or something like that!
    That is correct. Besides... the new summer merchandise lineup is park-intensive... lots of stuff features attraction names and park names. I have posted several photos in my latest May update photo album from TDL... link can be accessed below.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    So everthing boils down to money, even at TDL.
    Though young boys may throw stones at frogs in jest, the frogs do not die in jest, but in earnest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast