Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• When Will It Return?

Pictures & Videos from Tokyo!

That's right, we are back and we're getting all our photos and videos together to put out for your enjoyment. I've got a LOT on my plate here:

13 days worth of pictures to share from Tokyo Disney Resort and other sights in the Tokyo area including the famous Mt. Fuji. Lots of fun and excitement from the past 2 weeks to see, and we'll be updating you here once each new batch of whatever comes out.

So far I've finished posting pictures from Day 1 in Tokyo. Just click either of the first two pictures below to see all the pictures. Enjoy!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Also 3 videos have been posted so far! Simply click each image to go straight to each video's streaming version!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

As for the events of Day 1...first thing you have to understand is the time difference between CA & Tokyo. Tokyo is 16 hours ahead of CA, so anyone flying from CA to Tokyo doesn't arrive until the next day. I didn't get any sleep the night before the flight, nor did I get hardly any on the flight. So since we left on a Saturday, I basically woke up on Friday and didn't get to sleep again until Monday! It was after midnight in Tokyo when we finally got to sleep so that was weird.

The flight was 11.5 hours long. 2 meals were served, and multiple movies, recorded tv shows, and free games were played on the individual screens we had which can be seen in the pictures. Once that was over & we finally landed, we got our luggage, breezed through customs, and it was time to hit the trains.

We decided on taking trains to get from Narita Airport to Urayasu because of money really. It would cost 2,400 yen (approx $20) to take a bus directly, plus a longer time. Our train strategy came out to about 1,800 yen and took all of 45mins, so I figure we made the right choice. Our route took us from Narita Terminal 2 on Keisei Skyliner to Funabashi station. Once there we exited Funabashi and walked down the block a bit outside to the JR Funabashi station where we boarded the JR Sobu Line to Nishi-Funabashi station. There we exited the Sobu line and headed for the JR Musashino line and rode that to Maihama station and the Tokyo Disney Resort.

Upon arrival there, we boarded the Disney Resort Line monorail to Bayside station. There we boarded the Disney Resort Cruiser bus to our first of 4 hotels on this trip - the Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel - where we checked-in, dropped our stuff and headed for Tokyo DisneySea! There was only about 90mins before the park closed, but that was still long enough for rides on Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tower of Terror, as well as a couple games for Ranko, before it was time to head to bed for the night. It was only the beginning of a fun-filled 13 day expedition to the Land of the Rising Sun.

So enjoy what's out so far folks, MUCH more to come! =D

-- PMM
    Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 06-14-2007 at 12:13 AM.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Re: Pictures & Videos from Tokyo!

So what did you think of their Tower of Terror compared to the U.S. versions?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• When Will It Return?

I give a little editoral in the captions of the pictures. Click either of the first 2 pics to see the album!

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    I give a little editoral in the captions of the pictures. Click either of the first 2 pics to see the album!

-- PMM
    Thanks. Very nice pictures and commentary too.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Thanks. Very nice pictures and commentary too.
    I agree!! Looking forward to the rest.

• The Darkness to Light

What camera are you using, because those are some nice night shots!

Also, there are Tower of Terror posters here in the states, but most of them disappeared after the marketing blitz. They mostly feature the same image of a ride car that has separated from the show building as lightning strikes the elevator shaft. Kind of generic, really, since they've used that image in one variation or another for both towers at one point or another.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Mickey Mania

looks fun did people speak diffrent languages??
    lol

• Shablagoo!

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

• Koubu Pilot

私も日本へ行きたいです。(I want to go to Japan, too)

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report!

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Pictures & Videos from Tokyo!

Great report! Thanks for sharing your blurbs & great piccies. Can't wait for the next one!
    Last edited by nojarama; 06-11-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Want to subscribe
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Wow I've just gone through your pics and very impressed so far.Also love the fact your showing pics from all of your trip and not just Disney.The coments are very amusing and help tell a story to your pics.Here's to day 2

• When Will It Return?

Day 2 pictures are coming but first a few videos must be made since they go along with Day 2's pictures.

First up is Journey to the Center of the Earth!

Simply click the picture to see the video. Also if you prefer, downloadable versions of all of my videos are available HERE*

A couple more videos need to be created to make Day 2's pictures complete. For now, enjoy Journey!

-- PMM

* = You must be a registered member of Visions Fantastic to download the videos
    Last edited by PeoplemoverMatt; 06-12-2007 at 03:49 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Looking forward to Day 2!

Any Tokyo Disneyland pictures?

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast