Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

TDR June 07 update w/photos

Hi everyone...
    I visited TDR on June 12th and had the chance to check out some new happenings in the park.
    First up, the construction on the TDL Hotel continues, with several of the turrets on top of the building being currently placed and worked on. The central fixture above the building, facing the park is also being installed.
    Over at TDS, the 5th anniversary celebration has concluded and with it, all of the 5th anniversary decor has been taken down and the park has returned to it's normal look. However, one 5th anniversary fixture has been kept: the stylish Mickey statue and character fountain around Aquasphere. This particularly popular photo spot is receiving a little face lift... the 5th has been removed and a new stylish TDS banner had been installed.
    Due to my short amount of time... I skipped rides, even though most of them only had 10-20 mins wait time, except for TOT.. at about 100 mins stand by wait with all FPs gone. I decided to enjoy the park's surrounding sans 5th anniversary decor, and take in the ever unseen TDS details that to this day, keep popping up as if they had been placed there since the last time I visited. Now THAT is truly accomplished theming in the part of the Imagineers.
    I took time to have dinner and enjoy my favorite counter dish at TDS, the delicious Curry Sampler in Casbah Food Court, then proceeded to enjoy the park... collecting my free Funderful Disney Fan Club passport holder wallet gift currently being given out to members of the Club.
    Once I was done with my quality control walk at TDS, I boarded the TDR Line and headed straight to TDL, bypassing the new Cirque du Soleil theater now being built close by the Ambassador Hotel. Not a great location for this theater..as it destroys the views of the Ambassadors' splendor and retro architecture.
    Once at TDL.. the park was much busier than TDS, with the Stitch event still going strong. I took time to enjoy the surroundings at World Bazaar and Tomorrowland this time around. The entire block of shops between Tomorrowland and the Partner's Plaza is still closed and under renovations. So is Frontierland's block of shops and Country Bears attraction. POTC is closed while the Jack overlay is being installed.
    On my way to Tomorrowland, I could not help noticing the bad conditions of the floors on the bridge that leads from the Hub and into the ToowTown, Rocket jets area. This is a very bad show for TDL and one that reminds me of the days when the MK began it's slide into bad maintenance. OLC!!! GET BUSY!!! I don't want to travel so far to go see cracked floors since I can do that at the MK just 12 mins away from my place, so don't give me reason to rant on your park as well in the near future...
    I went on Space Moutain to enjoy the new overlay. 25 mins wait was posted for Stand by guests, but we only waited 20 by my watch. As usual, I enjoyed the ride, and like the much darker environs of the main portion of the ride. Plus, now I am more than before convinced they have added a "wind-like" sound to the main area of the ride, and you do hear this whooshing sound as you ride down those darkened drops and turns. Space Mountain does not disappoint here and I wish WDW got busy and majorly overhauled theirs to this standard, and track!
    Once outside...the new light show installed on Space Mountain looks great. It give the building a constant kinetic feel of colorful light patterns with subtle moments of light beams reaching out from the top of the building and into the sky. One moment Space Mountain is silver, or neon purple, or a combination of different colors..like aqua, red, or even navy, to name a few... at times, it also goes all out Gay Pride, with a rainbow pattern that should be the stationary look for TDL's gay day later in July.
    *hint to OLC*
    Finally, I wanted to catch Dreamlights again and enjoy the new Nemo, Monsters Inc and Cindy floats. Like I have stated before.. the Monsters Inc float, with it's unique intensity changing light patterns is stunning. However, when Cinderella's float comes around, and her lovely dress tranforms from pink to blue to shimmering white.. the GASPS from the audience can be heard all around. It's a magnificent achievement from Imagineering and the guests are genuinely floored by this rather low profile-looking float. KUDOS!!! The other much subtle changes to the parade are also appreciated, and it's always good to see Roger Rabbit in the "flesh" at the end of the parade.
    After the parade was over, the announcement came about "Disney Magic in the Sky" fireworks being cancelled due to the windy conditions over the park. If the show had been presented.. the ashes of the fallout would have flown directly over guests in TDL. Not a good thing, and this is something I have had to deal with at the MK and EPCOT Center during their shows.. even though now I have learned to move to the opposite side of the winds for such shows...
    Anyways... I ended up leaving TDR after that. As always... a fabulous, albeit short time, was had and with every visit I make here, I am still convinced this is as good as overall quality can get at a Disney Resort.
    Enjoy the photos for this visit and read the captions for extra info, if you are bored to death and have nothing to do for the next 5 hrs.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32542130&f=

• Minion

Re: TDR June 07 update w/photos

I wonder why the AquaSphere has not been reverted back to its original state. The character statues were fine, but I would like to see the old clean look of the AquaSphere return. Kind of like how many people prefer Spaceship Earth without the wand.

Other than that, very pretty pictures! It's nice to see the gardens again by the vineyards!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

I wonder how far before opening will they accept reservations for TDL Hotel. I would love to get an idea of room rates since it will be open for my next trip.

I'm glad they kept the statues around the Aquasphere. It really adds a nice Disney touch to an already amazing piece of Imagineering.

Thank you for the great pix, TDLfan! Those Stitch shirts and plushes are a perfect example of how uncreative the merchandise is in the US Parks in comparison. I loved those!

Who would have thought to use Stitch like that for Tower merchandise?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 06-16-2007 at 04:52 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I wonder how far before opening will they accept reservations for TDL Hotel. I would love to get an idea of room rates since it will be open for my next trip.

I'm glad they kept the statues around the Aquasphere. It really adds a nice Disney touch to an already amazing piece of Imagineering.
    I'm wondering about that too. I would love to split my visit next year between the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel and the Hotel MiraCosta!

Regarding the AquaSphere, my favorite part of the decorations are the beautiful stained glass displays. I wouldn't mind if they kept those.

• Minion

Several comments:

1) I think World Bazaar is very pretty! I love the way it frames Cinderella Castle, and it's a very dramatic entrance.

2) I hate that construction wall in front of Cinderella Castle. How tacky and ugly.

3) I've never been inside Casbah Food Court before, but it looks very pretty. That curry sample dish looks delicious! I must try it on my next visit.

4) Wow! There is just so much detail in Tokyo DisneySea! Your pictures show just why Tokyo DisneySea is the most beautiful and elaborate theme park on Earth! Simply amazing!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I wish I knew but I am affraid I don't have that information. Maybe JoeInJpn will have some soon... when he decides to show up again and write posts and answer his friends' emails...

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    my favorite part of the decorations are the beautiful stained glass displays. I wouldn't mind if they kept those.
    They are staying. As far as I know... only the #5 behind Mickey was removed.

2) I hate that construction wall in front of Cinderella Castle. How tacky and ugly.
    I won't be there long... that stage should not take too long to build.

3) I've never been inside Casbah Food Court before, but it looks very pretty. That curry sample dish looks delicious! I must try it on my next visit.
    GASP! And you call yourself a TDS fan??? The shame!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    They are staying. As far as I know... only the #5 behind Mickey was removed.
    For how long?

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    GASP! And you call yourself a TDS fan??? The shame!!!
    Hey, I don't have the luxury of visiting as many times as some people around here.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

What the heck IS that curry sampler thing?!! WHat is the big white thing? Meat? Dough? I'm so under-educated.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    What the heck IS that curry sampler thing?!! WHat is the big white thing? Meat? Dough? I'm so under-educated.
    It's naan, a type of Indian flat bread.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    For how long
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by missviolet
    Curry is a spicy indian soup dish. The Curry sampler at TDS is a combination of steamed white rice with naam bread on top, and three different types of curry.. meat, chicken and shrimp. They are all delicious and the bread is soft and warm. Basically, you can take a spoon of rice, dip it in the curry and taste heaven. You can also dip the bread in the curry. I just *LOVE* this particular dish at TDS.

• Former Epcot CM

*cries*
    I need this shirt.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...130&p=75633796

AND THIS!
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...130&p=75633816

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...130&p=75633830
    (And me - in reply to the caption)

And I think DLR and WDW guests would be blown away by something which came anywhere near to DreamLight's innovation and awe.

I need to go to Tokyo Disney.
    With an empty suitcase and a big wad of cash.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So TDLFAN thank you once again for the update.Hong Kong and Tokyo your job certainly has its perks.

The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is coming along very nicely now judging from your pics.

So seeing as all the Fountain characters are still dressed in there 5th gear I'm guessing the costumes will be staying on for the near future!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    That's what my aunt did when she visited my cousin who was in the Air Force and stationed in Okinawa 20 years ago. She took one suitcase full of clothes for her and another empty one to fill with souvenirs to bring back to everyone.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ok looking at the photos...

OMG they have Chef Louie from Little Mermaid as a meet & greet character?!

Love the Genie Tacky Tourist merch!

The new inside of Space Mountain looks so cool!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    OMG they have Chef Louie from Little Mermaid as a meet & greet character?!
    Chef Louie has been an integral meet and greet character at TDS since day 1. He does meet & greet in Mermaid Lagoon and also appears in some of the park's shows, like "Lido Meet and Smile".

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I recall you saying you would not kiss arse... so I guess it won't happen.

Re-read my answer above.

And I think DLR and WDW guests would be blown away by something which came anywhere near to DreamLight's innovation and awe.
    Not only guests at WDW, but DLR, HKDL and DLP, which got the shaft with a vastly reduced version of one of TDL's best parades ever.

You, and many other WDW-loving fanatics.
    I would suggest TWO empty BIG suitcases and just your VISA, MC, AmEx or Diner's Club credit card. No need for so much cash at TDR, unless you are buying from some of the vending carts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast