Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo

The hotel levels seem to be:

Disney Hotels--run by Disney and adjacent to the parks.

Official Hotels--in that hotel alley behind the parks. Have bus service from the Bayside monorail station

Partner Hotels--near Disney, offer shuttle-bus service to the parks

Good Neighbor Hotels--Somewhere in Tokyo. Offer limited shuttle service you need to make a reservation for.

Personally, I think that, as long as you're near a major train station, you can stay anywhere in Tokyo and still be reasonably convenient to the parks. I've gotten from Shinagawa to Disney by train in less time it takes me to get across WDW by bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Personally, I think that, as long as you're near a major train station, you can stay anywhere in Tokyo and still be reasonably convenient to the parks. I've gotten from Shinagawa to Disney by train in less time it takes me to get across WDW by bus.
    We stayed at a Good Neighbor Resort in Shinagawa on our first trip. We only used the resort bus once but it was a great thing given that the train line was shut down that day due to several fires on the train line! It took us 4 hours to get to TDR that morning because of the mess but it was a blast seeing parts of the area we would not have seen otherwise. We lucked out to find a lady with her daughter walking through the train station carrying a popcorn bucket so they let us follow them through the subway maze (which was great since it was the only day on the trip I decided not to bring the Atlas...) It took us almost an hour to get out of the subway station there were sooo many people. But like I said, what should have been stressful and scary was a blast because just walking down any street in Japan can be fun. Several nice people kept pointing us in the right direction until we ran into the Keiyo line and from there we just followed it towards TDR. We called our hotel to get on the Resort bus that evening with no problem (although the train was up and running by the time we left).

That being said, I agree that if you stay near a train station anywhere in Tokyo you can get to TDR without much hassel and in most days under an hour. It was about 35-40 minutes for us using the trains from Shinegawa and about 45 minutes on the Resort Bus.
    Last edited by kustomboy; 06-18-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Awesome. Joe, would you mind posting to let me know how your stay at Mitsui Garden is this week? How did you go about making reservations?

Everyone had good points about accessibility to the parks. If a shuttle bus from a Partner Hotel can take 20-30 minutes, or the same as taking a train from another part of the city, then I'm not sure what the perk is... but a $10 taxi ride is a great idea considering the big savings on the hotel room.

And I love Psalms. And I love poking fun at people. Most importantly, I love it when people are happy to get along.

• When Will It Return?

The 20-30min shuttle bus ride to/from the P&F wasn't too much fun, but at least we always had very good timing with the buses. Most of the time a bus was there waiting for us, or we waited 5 minutes at most for one. Never had a time when we had to wait in line for more than 1 bus.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Talking Re: Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo

Actually, considering that a shuttle bus from a WDW hotel to a park can take 15-20 minutes, then 20-30 minutes on a shuttle bus isn't so bad. And neither is a $10 cab ride. Or a walk to a 4-minute train ride.

So what staying at the cheaper hotel will really cost me, then, is 20-30 minutes of sleep. But in exchange for $150. I'll just look at it like I got a $300/hr job.

Problem solved! I am going to sleep WELL tonight. Thanks for your suggestions, everybody! Wish me luck at my new job! I hope I get along w/my new co-workers...

• When Will It Return?

^ That's basically why we stayed at the P&F over the more expensive Hilton Tokyo Bay or other places during our 2nd week. BUT...each time we had to take that 20-30min trip at times made us wish we kicked in the extra dough.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

There are many more hotels in the area that are more coveniently close to train stations, where a trip to TDR can take only 10-15 mins. It's only matter of re-assessing the type of accomodations you are willing to pay for. I for one stay at a very small, yet clean and comfortable business hotel in Kayabasho and it takes me only 12 mins from that hotel's train station to TDR (Maihama) by train and pay less than $100 a night.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There are many more hotels in the area that are more coveniently close to train stations, where a trip to TDR can take only 10-15 mins. It's only matter of re-assessing the type of accomodations you are willing to pay for. I for one stay at a very small, yet clean and comfortable business hotel in Kayabasho and it takes me only 12 mins from that hotel's train station to TDR (Maihama) by train and pay less than $100 a night.
    TDLFAN, you are DEFINITELY speaking my language here. If you can think of any such hotels off the top of your head, then please share the names w/me. Since I've already decided against paying $250+ to stay at an official hotel, I figure everything else closeby (whether a partner hotel or not) is in the same boat. So the better deal = the better choice, for me.

We got a really smoking deal on our hotel using orbitz.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12