Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo

Does anybody have any experience staying at the Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo, particularly the Oriental Hotel Tokyo Bay or the Mitsui Garden Hotel? Neither of them have English websites, but from what I can gather the rooms are $130/night for early November. We'll be staying there for 3 nights.

I'd love to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, but at $288/night I'm having a hard time justifying the extra cost! Does anybody have any thoughts or experience with Tokyo Disney hotels?

Thanks!

• Theme Park Advocate

Re: Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo

I can't say about the first two that you mentioned Other than just seeing them but i have stayed in the hilton and Think very highly of it. it is in my oppinion worth the cost.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Banned User

I have stayed at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo bay... just behind TDL and yes, it's pricey but I *LOVE* that hotel and it's location... I have never stayed at those hotels you mention nor do I know how far away or accessible they are to TDR, but chances are the facilities are nice and the service wonderful. I am yet to have a bad experience at any hotel I have stayed in Tokyo. However, keep in mind... some hotel do not offer No-Smoking rooms... so you have to ask up front.

Thanks to you both for your input. I'd love to stay at either of those hotels, but with a 2-week+ trip, things are quickly adding up for me! I'll take both of your thoughtful suggestions into account, though.

Also, I was doing some research on Guided Tours and am I reading this correctly? A guided tour of Tokyo Disneyland is just $24 per person?!
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ai1.html#guide
    It sounds a little bit too good to be true!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307 View Post
    Thanks to you both for your input. I'd love to stay at either of those hotels, but with a 2-week+ trip, things are quickly adding up for me! I'll take both of your thoughtful suggestions into account, though.
    Well... you have to understand that all of TDR's Partner Hotels are at the very least "Deluxe" options.. so they won't be too cheap!

Also, I was doing some research on Guided Tours and am I reading this correctly? A guided tour of Tokyo Disneyland is just $24 per person?!
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ai1.html#guide
    It sounds a little bit too good to be true!
    That is correct. Furthermore... the 1-day ticket admission to TDL is $47.93 and that makes TDL and TDS, the 2nd cheapest Disney parks out there as far as I know... and if that is the case, they are the best values as well due to the sheer amount of entertainment and quality they offer.

As for the guided tours... I am not sure if you have to make special arrangements for an english language tour. JoeInJpn would know better but he is currently MIA (and I don't mean in Miami).

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGirl307 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience staying at the Disney Resort Partner Hotels in Tokyo, particularly the Oriental Hotel Tokyo Bay or the Mitsui Garden Hotel? Neither of them have English websites, but from what I can gather the rooms are $130/night for early November. We'll be staying there for 3 nights.

I'd love to stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, but at $288/night I'm having a hard time justifying the extra cost! Does anybody have any thoughts or experience with Tokyo Disney hotels?

Thanks!
    Of the partner hotels, the Hilton Tokyo Bay was consistently the cheapest when I planned both trips. However, any hotel's room rate has a great deal to do with the time of year you're staying, so maybe if you could shed some light on that we could advise you a bit further?

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That is correct. Furthermore... the 1-day ticket admission to TDL is $47.93 and that makes TDL and TDS, the 2nd cheapest Disney parks out there as far as I know... and if that is the case, they are the best values as well due to the sheer amount of entertainment and quality they offer.
    That is correct. A regular 1-day ticket for Hong Kong Disneyland costs only around $38, but that's only because of the lack of attractions and the very small size of the park. Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea are by far the best values out of the Disney parks for the ticket prices they offer. Only about $48 to visit either the best Magic Kingdom or the best second gate!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Of the partner hotels, the Hilton Tokyo Bay was consistently the cheapest when I planned both trips. -- PMM
    FYI... the Hilton is NOT concidered a "Partner Hotel". The Hilton and all of the other hotels behind TDR are concidered "OFFICIAL HOTELS of TDR"
    The "Partner Hotels" are hotels off property and in several areas of downtown Tokyo, Makuhari, Odayba and other suburbs. BIG difference in designation, since it basically means "you are not worthy of being located at the resort but good enough facility for us to be associated with by means of a free shuttle into TDR". Get it?

• When Will It Return?

Meh, a rose by any other name. I think it was pretty clear which hotels we were talking about...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

I'm really, really excited about this trip! I'm on a mission to visit every Disney park within a year, and the Tokyo and Hong Kong parks will complete the completely-useless-save-for-bragging-rights (though most of my friends would answer me with blank stares) mission.

I figure that I'm going to spend as much time as possible OUT of my hotel room so I'd be happy with merely decent accomodations. The only problem is that the two that I was looking at--the Oriental and the Mitsui Garden--lack an English website. I wonder if that's an indication of a lack of English-speaking staff...

Thanks, everyone!

• When Will It Return?

^ Most likely. I stayed at the Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel on my last trip. Was a good hotel for what we needed, namely transportation and shelter, had an english-speaking staff, and a pretty reasonable rate. Have you checked them?

Only downside there was the fact they wanted to charge my credit card double for the duration of our stay and then refund the extra charge upon check out. Needless to say I refused. They were a bit taken aback but accepted payment for the duration of stay with no extra. I wasn't about to just 'trust them' and I don't recommend anyone else does either. Don't just go along with it because that's what they say they do!

-- PMM

PMM,
    The Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel looks just fine to me and like it'd more than meet my expectations. It's my backup if I can't work up the nerve to take my chances w/the others. The price at the Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel is $170/night versus $130 a night at one of the others. I'm thinking that $120 (3 nights) could buy me a lot of ramen, but it's also not a huge price to pay for peace of mind... particularly when in a foreign country. I have a feeling I'll end up at the Palm & Fountain, unless one of the others has awesome customer service in English when I call.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Meh, a rose by any other name. I think it was pretty clear which hotels we were talking about...

-- PMM
    It was clear to me and the other poster. He/she was not talking about the "Official" hotels, but the "Partners" hotel. BIG difference. You on the other hand, were confused, otherwise the Hilton had not come into topic.

You may need to read about the differences here:
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...tel/index.html

Just remember that with the "Mitsui Garden" and the "Palm and Fountain" hotels, getting the the Park can be a hassle. The shuttles take 20-30min to reach TDR and be prepared to wait for the next bus while waiting in line. If you prefer another way, walk 15min to the nearest station and take the 4-minute train ride. With the money you are saving staying at either hotel, I suggest taking a $10 taxi ride each way. Good luck.

In any case, the "Palm and Fountain" is a fine hotel with basic services. I'm staying at the "Mitsui Garden" this weekend.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Well Joe, I am glad you decided to re-join un, you lost boy you!!
    That is good advise up there... and one question... How come you never stay in the newly opened hotels when I am around???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast