Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Ambassador Hotel

The only hotel we ever get to read about on here is The Hotel Miracosta,and while I'll admit its beatiful in design and offers the convinience of being located at the entrance to Tokyo Disney Seas,I've decided to start a post to discuss the forgotten Tokyo Disney Resort Hotel the Ambassador.

The rooms all seem nicely furnished,its home to some nice resturants like Chef Mickey,Empire Grill and Hana.It has all the features like Swimming Pool,and shop selling Disney merchadise and is able to comendate weddings.

The pics on the Hotels site all look fantastic I'm probarely going to take a wonder around the hotel on my next trip,but I'm interested to read about anyone who has stayed here before.Also anyone know of any sites with more on this hotel.

Feel free to discuss...

http://www.disneyhotels.jp/dah/index_e.html

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Ambassador Hotel

I stayed for 3 nights back in March 2001. The entrance to the room is long and narrow with the bathroom on one side and a table with mirror on the other. The bathroom is beautifully done with glass doors on either side and the vanity with sinks in the middle. My room had the shower on the right of the vanity and the toilet on the left. The toilet was one of the famous Japenese versions with heat and all the gadgets. The glass etchings on the doors were done in a Fantasia Sorcerer's Apprentice theme. There are two beds and a pull out trundle, a table and chairs in the corner and a dresser with TV. My room did not have a balcony but it did have 2 sets of pajamas to use.

I had breakfast one morning at Chef Mickey's and it was fun. I also ate at the Tick Tock Diner the morning before I left. I don't remember the restaurants too much.

During my last trip to TDR I was lucky enough to stay at both the Miracosta and Ambassador Hotels. I'd read so much stuff on how busy the park got at the weekend we decided to split our trip. With a few days in the Ambassador then the weekend in the city then back to the Miracosta for the last leg. I booked about 5 months in advance and found all the standard rooms were sold out in the Ambassador so went for a superior room.

The Ambassador was a real treat, subtle detail in all the decor and the best guest service I’ve ever experienced. I Thought there was more public space in the Ambassador than the Miracosta. (I always felt that the lobby at the Mira was awful noisy and crowded which kind of belies it's luxurious atmosphere).

I remember stepping out of the elevator (at the Ambassador) on the floor we were staying on and being blown away by the corridor space with the cut-out view through to the other floors. Our corner room had large curved windows and plenty of space.

I also remember the concierge being outstanding, he chatted to us on our arrival then again everyday asking how our trip was going and suggesting other things to try. When it came time to head into the city for the weekend we packed a small overnight bag and they transferred our main luggage to the Miracosta, i certainly didn't miss struggling with that on the underground. After our time in the city we returned to the Miracosta and YES it blew me away with it's luxury and theme and views but i really missed the personal service we'd experienced at the Ambassador.

One day I decided to walk to TDL from the Mira, passing through the Ambassador one last time on our way. Guess I shouldn’t have been surprised when the concierge came over to us as we were passing through the lobby and asked about our weekend and check everything was going well for us over at the Miracosta.

I will never forget the service we received there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
    The Ambassador was a real treat, subtle detail in all the decor and the best guest service I’ve ever experienced. I Thought there was more public space in the Ambassador than the Miracosta. (I always felt that the lobby at the Mira was awful noisy and crowded which kind of belies it's luxurious atmosphere).
    I think this is because the MiraCosta is much more popular than the Ambassador Hotel. It is almost always fully booked, while you can almost always get a reservation at the Ambassador Hotel.

I remember stepping out of the elevator (at the Ambassador) on the floor we were staying on and being blown away by the corridor space with the cut-out view through to the other floors. Our corner room had large curved windows and plenty of space.

I also remember the concierge being outstanding, he chatted to us on our arrival then again everyday asking how our trip was going and suggesting other things to try. When it came time to head into the city for the weekend we packed a small overnight bag and they transferred our main luggage to the Miracosta, i certainly didn't miss struggling with that on the underground. After our time in the city we returned to the Miracosta and YES it blew me away with it's luxury and theme and views but i really missed the personal service we'd experienced at the Ambassador.
    I wish I had gotten to stay at the Ambassador Hotel. I had originally made reservations for 2 nights but due to some strange rule that you cannot book more than 5 nights for a Disney hotel, I had to cancel. Either that or cut off 2 nights from my MiraCosta reservations.

Your descriptions of the Ambassador Hotel's concierge service sound very exciting. I'm going to be trying concierge at the MiraCosta in a few weeks and hope it is as good as you say it is.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Well as i said in my post (and as you all know) the themeing breath-taking view (Venice side towards the ocean) and attention to detail make Mira a outstanding hotel.

I Must have enjoyed it beacause in going back in a few months

I also had a great time at Oceano were the maitre d (i think) took great pleasure in giving me a little tour round the dinning room and explaining the buffet to me. I was dinning alone and think he enjoyed the chance to use his English.

• Banned User

The popularity of the Mira Costa has taken over this thread dedicated to the Ambassador

• Minion

Here is a nice site with some very pretty pictures of the Ambasssador Hotel.

http://www.ramsa.com/project.aspx?id=47

• Banned User

I got to admit while no Mira Costa its still looks stunning in design,especially the night shots.I'm going to pop over to the hotel at some point during my trip to hopely take a few shots seeing that its not well pubicised here online.

SORRY Malin

Let's try again....

O yes just thought i'd mention the ceiling in the lobby has a beauitful mural of Disney Charcters fying in the sky.

And another great sevice story, We got kinda confused using the payphone in the lobby. Trying to work out when to put the money in and dial. Before we knew it the Cast Member working in the shop opposite saw us struggling and came over to give us a lesson in how to do it. LOL

I really liked the Tick-Tock Diner Too, after a long day in the parks it was the perfect place to grab a snack and go and relaxing our room watching weird stuff we didn't understand in TV.

Don't think the other Disney Hotel the Mir****** has a similar place to get affordable freshly made snack (but i might be wrong)

• Frequent WDW Visitor

I'll be sure to give a description of the Ambassador when I come back from my September trip. I've noticed a severe lack of that, too. From the little I have read, it sounds like it should be a great place to stay. I do have one night in the MiraCosta as well, but the majority of my stay will be at the Ambassador.

While I did enjoy my stay at the MiraCosta more, I loved the ambassador.

We stayed there on my most recent trip to TDR and the service was top notch and the rooms were really nice. We had a view of the Disney Resort Line so the monorails passed by every once in a while. It was really, really nice.

And it has something that the MiraCosta does not have, a counter service restuarant. We ate breakfast at the Tick Tock Diner every day, wheras I remember at the MiraCosta they only had buffets.

• Minion

I think the Disney Ambassador Hotel is an excellent 4 star luxury hotel. What it needs is a distinct identity. The Hotel MiraCosta is part of Tokyo DisneySea and hence, is known for its elaborate beauty and opulence. When the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens, it will probably be associated with magic and dreams just like Tokyo Disneyland is.

• Banned User

I think the fact the Ambassador is close to Ikspari and all its shops and resturants is enough of a draw for some,plus is also close to the monorail which makes the rest of the Resort fairly accessable.Also I do believe its going to be close by to the new Cirque Du Solieil Theatre.I feel its a nice hotel to stay at if you want to stay onsite but wish to escape the parks at night.

WDWFan75 I look foward to your discription of the hotel when you get back and plus I'm hoping for a trip report of some kind perhaps too.

I may actually pop by the Tick-Tock Diner for a snack as the sandwich's do look tasty and it looks like a good spot to chill for a bit.Good reports from the rest of you by the way!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I think the fact the Ambassador is close to Ikspari and all its shops and resturants is enough of a draw for some,plus is also close to the monorail which makes the rest of the Resort fairly accessable.Also I do believe its going to be close by to the new Cirque Du Solieil Theatre.I feel its a nice hotel to stay at if you want to stay onsite but wish to escape the parks at night.

WDWFan75 I look foward to your discription of the hotel when you get back and plus I'm hoping for a trip report of some kind perhaps too.

I may actually pop by the Tick-Tock Diner for a snack as the sandwich's do look tasty and it looks like a good spot to chill for a bit.Good reports from the rest of you by the way!
    The Cirque du Soleil Theatre has been getting so less attention, I almost forgot it was being built. I wonder if it's going to be like La Nouba at Walt Disney World.

• Frequent WDW Visitor

I'll try to do a decent trip report, too, and maybe some pictures. I'm hoping to spend one day in the parks that's mainly for photos and video, so I should have some good ones. Although I'm pretty sure it's impossible to take a bad picture at DisneySea, so that shouldn't be too hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast