Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Quick Photo update from TDR

Here are some photos of current stuff at TDR, taken at the end of June. You'll see the progress made so far on the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, Monsters Ride, and some new merchandise at TDS, plus preparations for new summer events.
    Some of you asked for newer attraction poster shots from TDS and those are here too. So enjoy the photos...
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=32554157&f=

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Quick Photo update from TDR

Great pictures as always! Love the Sorcerer Genie! And interesting that they use the phrase "Journey into imagination" with the Legend of Mythica show. Just sain's is all...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Lovely photos and update!

The new hotel is making some very nice progress, looks like it fits into that large space well. When is it scheduled to be complete?

Love the Mickey shaped burger

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Lovely photos and update!

The new hotel is making some very nice progress, looks like it fits into that large space well. When is it scheduled to be complete?

Love the Mickey shaped burger
    I believe the TDL Hotel will officially open on May 2008, and reservations can be made starting in early Jan 08.

• The Darkness to Light

That TOT poster gave me the chills when I saw it. What do I need to do in order to get a print of that?

Also, please tell me there is a plush of Chip & Dale in their Mexican ponchos. That photo of Chip looked so cute!

Thanks for yet another wonderful album!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    That TOT poster gave me the chills when I saw it. What do I need to do in order to get a print of that?
    Sell your soul to the devil...

Also, please tell me there is a plush of Chip & Dale in their Mexican ponchos. That photo of Chip looked so cute!
    As a matter of fact, there used to be Chip and Dale plushes in their Lost River Delta poncho outfitson sale... but I am not sure if they are still sold. Will have to check and see..

• World Traveler

Umm ... I think Chip is in an Andean costume (Peru or Bolivia) ... not Mexican. Those hats are more of an Andean style.

Great pictures as always. I wish I had the time to go back to the TDR this year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I believe the TDL Hotel will officially open on May 2008, and reservations can be made starting in early Jan 08.
    Actually, the new hotel will open on July 8, 2008.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Thank you for correcting the info.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

As always, lovely photos! I am once again awed at the variety of merchandise TDL/TDS has. The Genie stuff is a riot!

• Five-Legged Goat

I love the Raging Spirits poster... the art style is perfect for the attraction.

The parks really should make the attraction posters readily available for sale... I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    I love the Raging Spirits poster... the art style is perfect for the attraction.

The parks really should make the attraction posters readily available for sale... I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes...
    Or like Gyoza buns!! However... one begs to ask.. are these poster images property of Disney or OLC? During TDL's 20th, reproductions of park posters were available for sale as part of a limited edition TDR magazine series that is no longer sold. Maybe the reason why these posters are not on sale is because OLC has no rights over them?? Just a question that begs an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I am once again awed at the variety of merchandise TDL/TDS has. The Genie stuff is a riot!
    ...And what you see of merchandise in my photos is just a very miniscule sample of the vast selection of merchandise available for sale at TDR. You in particular Aimster would go ga-ga over the feminine and elegant stuff they sell for young women. I broke down and had to buy the Sorcerer genie plush and Big Band Beat program, since the show is a highlight of TDS at the present time.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

TDLFAN you say you brought the programme,am I right in guessing its writen in Japanese symbols and how are the pics in it?

Very amusing to see the before and after pics of your meal at the Tomorrowland Terrance.The Mickey shape burgers are very tasty and the beef patty is usually so moist not like the dried up rubish you get at the US and Paris parks.

I'm hoping that Genie merchadise will still be around in Sept.Thanks for updating us by the way!
    Last edited by Malin; 07-11-2007 at 05:19 AM.

Thanks for the update!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    TDLFAN you say you brought the programme,am I right in guessing its writen in Japanese symbols and how are the pics in it?
    This is a MUST HAVE souvenir. It's made with quality hard paper, with shiny gold lettering on the cover and fabulous pictures of the show itself. Inside, it is written in both japanese and english language, and it's divided into diferent section..Big Band Story (a history of swing and big band music), Big Band numbers (a list and explanation of the music numbers performed in the show), Drummer Mickey (photos from Mickey's highlight performance), Backstage Story (the staff comments on the show's popularity and also highlights the Christmas version and Countdown Party version of the show, and finally, the program closes with a list of songs performed on the show and their lyrics. A beautiful silver photo of the show opens the book, and a golden photo closes the book. It's an awesome souvenir. So nice indeed that I would hate for it to be damaged with finger prints and dirt, so I will keep mine in the wrap.

It costs Y2,000 and comes in a special plastic bag (as seen on the photo)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast