• Sector Two Droid Repair

Space Mountain loading area

I'm listening to a podcast that keeping going on about how different the Space Mountain loading area at TDL is from the DL version. From the pictures on the web, it looks identical. Is it different from the Disneyland version? Any pictures?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Space Mountain loading area

Check out JoeInJpn site if you havn't already. http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorrow/tomsmt.html

Can't actually answer this question as I've never been a fan of Space Mountain except for in Paris and have only been on the Disneyland version once.Never been on Tokyo's,but may check it out on next trip due to the attraction recently having a bit of a refurbishment by adding some new afects to the loading area.

Great! Thanks for the link. That ship is very different from the new DL version. It's very anime looking.

• Banned User

I posted pictures from Space Mountain after it opened from it's refurbishing.. The queue setup is identical at both parks... but TDL now features the new, and very sleep spaceship prop above, very dark neon blue lights, with light green accent lights that travel the lenght of the ceiling, giving the entire area, and subsequent ride show, an electrifying theme to it. Certainly an improvement over the way things are at DL's queue at the moment...

Are they inride effects the same? Is the second lift tunnel the same as DL?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    The actual ride is 1977 Space Mountain.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    The in-ride effects are similar to the new version at DL, but not quite. Very dark enviroment inside the building now, and there are what appear to be fake energy transformers as you go up the first small lift. During the 2nd lift, you are surrounded by lighting-like effects. Totally different from DL's current experience. Only the re-entry tunnel is similar to the new DL version. HKDL is quite similar to DL's version as well, but has a fiber optic tunnel in rainbow colors during the main lift. If I recall.. DL's lift has a rotating tunnel effect? Seems to me every Space Mountain ride now has a different feel and show, even if DL's, TDL's and HKDL's mountains share the same track and queue layout.

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The in-ride effects are similar to the new version at DL, but not quite. Very dark enviroment inside the building now, and there are what appear to be fake energy transformers as you go up the first small lift. During the 2nd lift, you are surrounded by lighting-like effects. Totally different from DL's current experience. Only the re-entry tunnel is similar to the new DL version. HKDL is quite similar to DL's version as well, but has a fiber optic tunnel in rainbow colors during the main lift. If I recall.. DL's lift has a rotating tunnel effect? Seems to me every Space Mountain ride now has a different feel and show, even if DL's, TDL's and HKDL's mountains share the same track and queue layout.
    It looks like all 3 use plasma screen tunnels on lift 2 to achieve the different effects. It is funny how all 3 mountains have the same track layout, but all 3 have their differences.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    It looks like all 3 use plasma screen tunnels on lift 2 to achieve the different effects. It is funny how all 3 mountains have the same track layout, but all 3 have their differences.
    Not in TDL...their lift 2 is basically blank with a narrow neon light or two wizzing past you. Hardly noticeable at all.

And I'm a little sad that I put up all those pictures of the awesome ship in my Tokyo albums and no one bothered to mention them...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    There is no plasma screens in TDL's Space Mt. The experience is not undercut like it is in the US parks..

• When Will It Return?

^ If anything, Tokyo undercut's the Space Mountain experience. An easily miss-able lift 2 effect, no meteor of any sort between lift's 2 & 3, no music at all whatsoever on ride, and no on-ride photo at the end either.

"Space Mountain Lite" would be more accurate.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    ^ If anything, Tokyo undercut's the Space Mountain experience. An easily miss-able lift 2 effect, no meteor of any sort between lift's 2 & 3, no music at all whatsoever on ride, and no on-ride photo at the end either.

-- PMM
    Actually, you are correct. I agree with your assessment. But I like it "lite" since most everything in America is fat and full of unnecesary calories.

• Minion

-- PMM
    It's still way better than the Magic Kingdom's version in my opinion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

And I'm a little sad that I put up all those pictures of the awesome ship in my Tokyo albums and no one bothered to mention them...
    Don't sweat it man. Your pictures were at least the fourth set of pics of the ship that have been posted on these boards since the ride opened 2.5 months ago.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

That's what I love about it. I hate Space Mountain 2005 and the actual main show building of Space Mountain Tokyo is my favorite. I love the old structure and it just feels so right, the feel, the sounds, everything.

It's unfortunately that they had to rebuild Disneyland's Space Mountain track. It's a great ride but it just isn't the same.