Does Tokyo have the burning cabin?

Near Tom Sawyer's Island? I've always wondered 'cause I've never been to TDL when the river has been open (the three times I've been to TDR have coincidentally been scheduled rehab times for the river).

Since both DL's & WDW's cabins have gone off to yesterland, and I'm fairly certain there isn't a burning cabin at DLP (is there?) it would leave TDR as our 'last chance for burning cabin' so to speak.

Anyone know?

• Banned User

Re: Does Tokyo have the burning cabin?

No. The cabin does not actually burn at Tokyo Disneyland. They use a simulated effect like in Pirates.

Here's the first picture I could find of the TDL version: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/253...48685994LhHLwS

Here is the real fire version for comparison: http://flickr.com/photos/cagedheat3/246855085/
    Last edited by SpokkerJones; 07-13-2007 at 02:12 AM.

It looks really cool at night

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Near Tom Sawyer's Island? I've always wondered 'cause I've never been to TDL when the river has been open (the three times I've been to TDR have coincidentally been scheduled rehab times for the river).

That happen to me on my last trip too

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    No. The cabin does not actually burn at Tokyo Disneyland. They use a simulated effect like in Pirates.

Here's the first picture I could find of the TDL version: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/253...48685994LhHLwS

Here is the real fire version for comparison: http://flickr.com/photos/cagedheat3/246855085/
    Just comparing DL's with TDL's... while I like the real fire effect, TDL's fake smoke does bring it out more in a more realistic way. Also, why have a dead man' body outside the cabin, when TDL's looks more lived in (canoe and clothes line and other props). TDL's wins for having a nicer visual setting.

DL's went thru various incarnations--sometimes with the body outside (at first he was the victim of Indians I believe who left him for dead and set his place on fire, later he was a moonshine maker who caused an explosion though I believe the train narration would say he wasn't dead just intoxicated on his own stuff)

Well.... real fire or not.... props once again to Tokyo for retaining a tradition. Even more to consider, since this is done without actual fire, couldn't it be reproduced at the stateside parks with minimal cost? It's a great middle-ground to fix the issue. It's much better then a still non-burning cabin, and also solves the issue of the tremendous cost of fixing the original gas lines. Anyone listening?

• Banned User

I don't give them props. They should have the real fire as well as Disneyland. I don't think there's really any excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I don't give them props. They should have the real fire as well as Disneyland. I don't think there's really any excuse for it.
    I think real fire is cooler too, I don't think anyone debates that. However, this is the first I've heard of the Tokyo cabin, and I think this could be a great compromise between fixing the gas lines at the stateside parks vs. leaving them lifeless. Would you rather have the still & boring cabins that exist now, or the Tokyo effect? Even as much as I loved the real fire effect at DLR & WDW, I can't rationally justify the tremendous cost that would realistically be involved with restoring them. I'd rather them do something like the Tokyo effect, restoring some excitement to the river, and use that money for something better.... like, oh, a brand new attraction...

• Minion FOREVER!

Although I also like the smoke effect (from the pic), there's no comparison... I think that
    the real fire effect is much more effective than the simulated one.

I really don't understand how fixing the gas lines could be so expensive or timestaking...
    But I've said that for a long time now.... how long has it been non-burning? a decade?

Sure, real fire is definitely cool, but I`m fine with it because to me it looks real enough and I never think about it being fake when I look at it

Anyway, I think TDR doesn`t use real fire because of the following reason(s):

* Earthquakes

* Cost

* Safety

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hawachan View Post
    Sure, real fire is definitely cool, but I`m fine with it because to me it looks real enough and I never think about it being fake when I look at it

Anyway, I think TDR doesn`t use real fire because of the following reason(s):

* Earthquakes

* Cost

* Safety
    There's real fire in Journey to the Center of the Earth, as well as in the torches in Lost River Delta. American Waterfront also has real gas lamps with flames flickering inside. Finally, there's Mount Prometheus which expels a giant burst of pyro every hour or so. Don't forget BraviSEAmo, where fire is used very generously. And this is Tokyo Disney Resort we're talking about! Cost is of no concern to them whatsover.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~