Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: July 17-22 Tokyo Disney Resort- A Trip Report by TDR_Fan

Talking of which TDR_FAN when is the rest of your trip report coming.I throught it was only me who left trip reports half finished
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Talking of which TDR_FAN when is the rest of your trip report coming.I throught it was only me who left trip reports half finished
    Soon, I hope. I've been feeling too lazy recently to type up the rest.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• When Will It Return?

Overall, I think Journey to the Center of the Earth is the best Disney attraction ever!
    Seconded!

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Soon, I hope. I've been feeling too lazy recently to type up the rest.
    I know that feeling

• Don't mess with the duck!

Amazing pictures and awesome report! Please, may we have more?

• Minion

July 19- Part 2

After a short rest, we returned to Tokyo DisneySea. Staying in the Hotel MiraCosta was extremely convenient for us. To get from our room to the park took about 30 seconds since our balcony room was located right next to the elevators. Anyways, we walked to American Waterfront after walking into Mediterranean Harbor and headed for Tower of Terror.

Heading for Tower of Terror

By far the most elaborate facade among the Tower of Terrors

American Waterfront is full of detail, much more so than the Main Street USAs. We took the time to look around as we walked towards the imposing facade of the Hotel Hightower. The standby wait time was posted as 25 minutes, so we entered the queue. This queue was easily the most detailed among the Tower of Terrors, and the preshow is simply amazing. The stained glass window looked especially real, even though I knew it was just a projection screen. And the Shiriki Utundu disappearance effect left us all breathless. The ride itself follows a very similar format to the one in California Adventure. I found the waiting area before you enter the elevator full of eye candy compared to the bland boiler rooms of the other versions. It works much better here than in California Adventure's version; I never understood why the elevator door opens to an empty hallway instead of the elevator itself. Overall, it was my favorite version and by far the most elaborate.

After Tower of Terror, we walked back to Mediterranean Harbor for our dinner reservations at Magellan's. After entering the restaurant through the courtyard in Explorer's Landing, the hostess led us down a grand staircase to our table.

Entering the restaurant

Elaborate mural on the ceiling

View from our table

I don't really remember what we ordered, but it was exceptionally delicious. We each got a bread basket which was constantly refilled. Excellent service here. The waitress even came over to sweep the crumbs off our table. Anyways, the highlight of our meal was a wagyu steak (kobe beef) that was simply perfect. It came with a little plate of sea salt for us to dip in too. Overall, we had a fabulous experience; the restaurant is simply gorgeous and though expensive, it was completely worth it.

After finishing our meal, we decided to take the elevator back up to the main entrance of the restaurant.

Neatly themed elevator

After exiting Magellan's, we rode Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea before heading back to the Hotel MiraCosta. Like the previous day, we stepped onto the balcony to watch BraviSEAmo! Like usual, it was wonderful and emotional.

BraviSEAmo!

After BraviSEAmo, we watched Disney Magic in the Sky for the last time before it went down for Bon Fire Dance. Although short, I felt it was enjoyable nonetheless. After Disney Magic in the Sky, I entered the park again for some nighttime rides on Journey to the Center of the Earth and Tower of Terror. They felt scarier and more thrilling at night when you can't see how far you are dropping. The nighttime lighting for Tokyo DisneySea is incredible and full of color, making your journey seem even more dreamlike and fantastical; very rich and vivid. It's definitely still the prettiest Disney park at night by far. As the park prepared to close, I took the time to admire the amazing beauty before heading back to the Hotel MiraCosta.

• Digging to Earth's center

Awesome pics!!!!! I love your TRs!
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Minion

July 20

Thought I would continue my trip report even though I'm nearly out of pictures. This time, I'm going to take a different approach. Instead of typing out everything I did that day, I'm simply going to make a list of the good and bad things that happened that day. Anything that wasn't out of the ordinary, I didn't bother posting.

Good:
    • Had a wonderful lunch at Sailing Day Buffet. It is one of the best restaurants on property for me. Very nicely themed on the inside, with some fabulous background music. I tried a bit of everything. From roast beef to fried rice and pasta to just simpe potato wedges.
    • After switching rooms for the second time, I realized that I had a message left for me on the phone. After inquiring, I discovered that I had left a porcelain spoon in my old room that was accidentally placed in with the trash. They quickly brought it up, got a signature from me, and wished me a great day and left. The spoon was wrapped in packaging paper and came in a lovely MiraCosta bag that I got to keep as a souvenir. In the bag was a nice note as well.
    • Similar to the above, I accidently left 300 yen on my pillow when I left the room. When I was checking in, I was informed that I left some money in my old room. They then handed me the money in a nice MiraCosta envelope, again with another note! Such wonderful service. If this had been at any other Disney resort, the money would have been long gone because it would have looked like a tip.
    • I was very pleased to discover that my third room on the 4th floor had a fabulous harbor view, perfectly centered. It was located right above Passaggio MiraCosta, just one up and to the right of where my previous Balcony Room was located.
    • After purchasing some Gyoza Sausage Buns and walking back to the MiraCosta, a CM spotted me struggling with holding the drinks. She then offered to help me carry the 2 drinks back to the hotel park entrance.
    • I got a nice pin after entering Tokyo Disneyland as part of the reopening of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Bad:
    • I noticed some cracking pavement in Tokyo Disneyland, especially Westernland.
    • Splash Mountain broke down for an hour or two, resulting in our Fastpasses being void. Why you ask? After entering the Fastpass line, we discovered that all those who had Fastpasses during the period of downtime was in that queue. We waited about 40 minutes, and the standby line shot to 180 minutes.
    • Pirates of the Caribbean was down for quite a while and had a very long queue that snaked all the way out into the pathways of Adventureland. I decided to pass since the line didn't appear to be moving at all.
    • Tokyo Disneyland in general, was quite uncomfortable that day. It was so crowded that I had difficulty getting to and from a land. The pathways were very congested, especially during the parades. I had to squeeze by a wall of people just to get to where I wanted to go, and it was not very pleasant. After hopping from Tokyo DisneySea to Tokyo Disneyland at around 7 p.m, I managed to see one attraction (Jungle Cruise, waiting around 30 minutes) before leaving due to the unmanageable crowds.
    And now a few pictures:

Journey to the Center of the Earth bright and early in the morning

Imposing Raging Spirits

Oooh...so mystical!

Splash Mountain Down

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post

Weather makes your pic look dull here. What will other members think of the park now!

• Minion

Weather makes your pic look dull here. What will other members think of the park now!
    It does indeed, and I almost didn't want to post it for that very reason. But then I realized that if they had followed along, they would have saw many very pretty pictures and known better than to judge the park from those two pictures alone. That's why I almost never take pictures in the rain.

• lol what

You know what would have made that Tower of Terror pic better? If you had taken it during a thunderstorm.

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Minion

Maybe so but no one made coment on them either. Which proves while there may look dull we still apreciated the time you put into your report. Shame you can't do the same for others.

Right I've had enough of this I'm off to the pub.
    Last edited by Malin; 10-06-2007 at 11:48 AM.

• Minion

Maybe so but no one made coment on them either. Which proves while there may look dull we still apreciated the time you put into your report. Shame you can't do the same for others.

Did I not say that I enjoyed your pictures? Did I not mention that I liked the detail shown in them?

• lol what

I didn't say they were bad. I was saying the ToT would look cooler if a picture of it was taken during a thunderstorm. o.o

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Digging to Earth's center

Yay, TR update! Wonderful pics once again. I love TDS especially, and can't wait to go someday. Does it rain often in Tokyo? Being in California, it almost NEVER rains, so I try to plan to go to Disneyland on a rainy day just because it feels so awesome... especially in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, and for DCA, in Paradise Pier and Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

I have a JTtCotE question... I've seen on-ride photos and videos of it, so I've seen practically the entire thing... but there's two things I've always wondered.

1) Is the drop as thrilling as Tower of Terror, California Screamin' (both DCA), Splash Mountain, or Indiana Jones (both Disneyland)?

2) Each time I watch on-ride videos, there's a scene in the beginning that's completely dark... and there's this hissing/roaring noise before the Crystal Cavern scene. What's the noise? Are there dinosaurs/creepy subterranean creatures in there?x

Also is Tower of Terror in TDS as thrilling as DCA's? And is Ariel's Playground in Mermaid Lagoon fun? And are there cool, little hidden areas around TDR that almost nobody knows about? (Snow White's Grotto, Ariel's Grotto, ToonTown Park, the Disney Gallery - now closed at Disneyland, Club 33 - also at Disneyland, Court of Angels, etc. are hidden little places I would've never found if I didn't look)
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast