Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: July 17-22 Tokyo Disney Resort- A Trip Report by TDR_Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    I didn't say they were bad. I was saying the ToT would look cooler if a picture of it was taken during a thunderstorm. o.o
    Don't worry snowflake the comment wasn't aimed at you. It's from a "topic" these guys have been discussing in another thread.....

BTW did you know the japan TOT has it's own unique bulit in lightning effect when the ride drops.... looks cool at night

SW

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    1) Is the drop as thrilling as Tower of Terror, California Screamin' (both DCA), Splash Mountain, or Indiana Jones (both Disneyland)?
    Personally i don't feel the JTTCOTE drop is feels like a rollercoaster drop certainly not comarable to CS or TOT i'd say it was closer to the sensation on SM. The ride technology is the same as test track so thats the closest comparision.

As for hidden corners Disneysea's is full of pathways and corners just screaming out to be explored. It really is as intricate as the pictures make it look.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    Yay, TR update! Wonderful pics once again. I love TDS especially, and can't wait to go someday. Does it rain often in Tokyo? Being in California, it almost NEVER rains, so I try to plan to go to Disneyland on a rainy day just because it feels so awesome... especially in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, and for DCA, in Paradise Pier and Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

I have a JTtCotE question... I've seen on-ride photos and videos of it, so I've seen practically the entire thing... but there's two things I've always wondered.

1) Is the drop as thrilling as Tower of Terror, California Screamin' (both DCA), Splash Mountain, or Indiana Jones (both Disneyland)?

2) Each time I watch on-ride videos, there's a scene in the beginning that's completely dark... and there's this hissing/roaring noise before the Crystal Cavern scene. What's the noise? Are there dinosaurs/creepy subterranean creatures in there?x

Also is Tower of Terror in TDS as thrilling as DCA's? And is Ariel's Playground in Mermaid Lagoon fun? And are there cool, little hidden areas around TDR that almost nobody knows about? (Snow White's Grotto, Ariel's Grotto, ToonTown Park, the Disney Gallery - now closed at Disneyland, Club 33 - also at Disneyland, Court of Angels, etc. are hidden little places I would've never found if I didn't look)
    Thank you. To answer your questions:

1) I feel the drop of Journey to the Center of the Earth has more airtime than the drop of Splash Mountain, but certainly not as much as California Screamin'.

2) That scene takes place after the Crystal Caverns and depicts some fiber optic creatures swirling on the cave walls.

3) Yes, there are plenty of hidden and undiscovered areas in Tokyo DisneySea that most people do not visit.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
    BTW did you know the japan TOT has it's own unique bulit in lightning effect when the ride drops.... looks cool at night

SW
    Just another extra detail that elevates (no pun intended) it above the other Tower of Terrors for me. And I agree. It looks amazing at night.

• lol what

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Just another extra detail that elevates (no pun intended) it above the other Tower of Terrors for me. And I agree. It looks amazing at night.

My god!

Disney Sea looks BEAUTIFUL at night!

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    My god!

Disney Sea looks BEAUTIFUL at night!
    It does indeed. It's definitely still the most beautiful Disney park at night.

Nice Pic TDR_Fan maybe that could be your next signiture image

SW

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I just like to point out something that often causes confusion around here, the TOT night time shots are from the website http://www.tdrfan.com which is not associated with our TDR_FAN. But maybe if he were to e-mail Chris he may be granted permission to use them.

Well RESPECT to chris for such a great pic.... plus now he got some free publicity for his site.

I'm off to take a look now

• Digging to Earth's center

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Thank you. To answer your questions:

1) I feel the drop of Journey to the Center of the Earth has more airtime than the drop of Splash Mountain, but certainly not as much as California Screamin'.

2) That scene takes place after the Crystal Caverns and depicts some fiber optic creatures swirling on the cave walls.

3) Yes, there are plenty of hidden and undiscovered areas in Tokyo DisneySea that most people do not visit.
    Cool, thanks! Can't wait to see TDS live in person someday.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345