Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

July 17-22 Tokyo Disney Resort- A Trip Report by TDR_Fan

July 17

After arriving at the Narita International Airport, we rushed to buy tickets for the limousine bus. We were told that the bus was leaving in one minute, so we quickly headed for the station. Unfortunately, the bus left just as we arrived. We were forced to exchange our tickets for ones for the next bus, which was not for another hour. While waiting, I explored the shopping mall on the upper floors of the airport. I didn't buy anything, though I had a good look. It looked pretty nice and was a nice, relaxing way to spend the hour waiting. Finally, the bus arrived and we headed for the Tokyo Disney Resort!

Upon arriving, I was very excited to see all of the familiar sights. After passing the Tokyo Disney Resort fountain, we saw the construction for the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. That building already has most of the main structure complete, and they were starting to build windows and other decorations already. The entire structure was huge and will make the entrance to Tokyo Disneyland very lovely when completed, much like at Disneyland Paris.

Afterwards, we passed by the Disney Ambassador Hotel. We noticed that the Cirque du Soleil building was already well under way. I didn't like that it was sitting right in front of the hotel though. Perhaps I'll change my mind when I see the finished product, but the concept art didn't excite me too much. I didn't take any pictures here, but the hotel looked very nice as usual. Very elegant Art Deco theming everywhere.

Soon after, we arrived at our hotel; the Hotel MiraCosta!

The gorgeous entrance! Very Italian.

The amazing nautically themed fountain

Close-up pictures of the fountain

Wow!

Amazingly beautiful lobby murals

After entering the hotel, the bellhop kindly took us to the Salone dell'Amico on the 5th floor to check-in since we were staying in a Speciale Room. The service was incredible. It felt very exclusive, especially since we were the only ones there. It was very relaxing; they even made us sit in a comfy chair as we checked-in! We were given complimentary passes for the Disney Resort Line and also purchased our park tickets here. Afterwards, we received free drinks and snacks. It's an experience I'll never forget!

Waiting for the elevators- note the incredible roof!

The elevator arrives!

Salone dell'Amico

After finishing our free drinks, the bellhop led us to our room. Convieniently, it was also on the 5th floor.

Beautiful stained glass windows

Ornate detailing in the hallways- even the walls have murals of scenes from Pinocchio. You can see a little bit in this picture.

Our Harbor Room was very spacious and had two expansive windows for our enjoyment. Like the Superior Rooms, the Harbor Room also had a trundle bed to accomodate an extra guest. It also had a small living room, complete with a nice table.

Harbor Room

Every room in the hotel features paintings of various places in Italy. Here are some pictures of the paintings in our Harbor Room

We had a wonderful view from our two windows. We could see the Tower of Terror, the S.S. Columbia, and Mount Prometheus!

Our view

While we were taking in the atmosphere of being inside Tokyo DisneySea and hearing the background music of Mediterranean Harbor, we remembered that we had made a Priority Seating reservation for the S.S. Columbia Dining Room. We decided to use the After 6 Passports we had bought to enter Tokyo DisneySea. Before we even went out the door, the bellhop came and gave us all umbrellas to use. Now that's good service; we didn't even ask for them! The umbrellas even had the hotel logo on them.

Leaving the Hotel MiraCosta

Heading for the S.S. Columbia in American Waterfront

Aboard the S.S. Columbia. Simply beautiful!

Arriving at the S.S. Columbia Dining Room, we were very impressed by how elegant it looked. Very detailed ceiling and sculpting. The green and white paint scheme looked very refreshing and welcoming. We were led to our table, which was located just behind the grand piano. Unfortunately, no one was playing it when we dined. However, there was very nice background music playing. It added a touch of class and luxury to the already incredible setting. I liked how the menus feature an introduction from Cornelius Endicott. It really enforces the whole storyline of American Waterfront. The introduction tells us that we are dining in the first class dining room, ready for the maiden voyage of the S.S. Columbia and about to eat gourmet food prepared by "the most unmatched of chefs". We were given a basket of bread with some butter while we decided what to order. I ordered the meatloaf and also had a bowl of clam chowder; it was delicious! It was a bit expensive, but I thought it was completely worth it.

After our meal, we headed back to the Salone dell'Amico for complimentary cocktails. I had the Figaro and Cleo drink. It was very good and sweet. About 5 minutes into our drinks, BraviSEAmo started. The wonderful cast members opened the windows completely so that we could have a complete view of the show. Like usual, BraviSEAmo was emotionally powerful and breathtaking. After the show, we headed down the elevators to Tokyo DisneySea to watch Disney Magic in the Sky. I had a very nice view in Mediterranean Harbor. I really like how they sync the spotlights to the fireworks. After the fireworks, I went around the park to ride the major E-ticket attractions. I rode Journey to the Center of the Earth twice, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Raging Spirits. I didn't get to ride Tower of Terror because the park closed before I could walk to American Waterfront.

I enjoyed Sindbad's Storybook Voyage a lot more than I thought I would from watching the videos. The musical score really adds a touch of Disney magic and fantasy that made me want to ride again and again. I loved Chandu and the altered show scenes. Overall, I liked it better than Pirates of the Caribbean. It felt much more emotional and is now one of my all time favorite attractions. What a surprise!

It was about 10:05 p.m. after my second ride on Journey to the Center of the Earth. I walked very slowly to take in the atmosphere of Mysterious Island at night; it was very colorful, with reds, greens, and blues dotting the water around the Nautilus and the surrounding rock walls of Mount Prometheus. Very beautiful! I eventually walked back to Mediterranean Harbor and entered the Hotel MiraCosta through the private entrance by Emporio. It was about 10:20 then, and I think I was one of the last guests to leave the park. From the Tokyo DisneySea level of the hotel, I took the elevator up one floor to the lobby. After, I went to MickeyAngelo Gifts to purchase some Hotel MiraCosta specific merchandise. I ended up purchasing some mugs with a picture of the hotel. They also had pictures of Mickey and Minnie Mouse dressed in fancy and elegant clothes on the other side of the mug.

Entrance to MickeyAngelo Gifts

After leaving MickeyAngelo Gifts, I went to Minnie Lisa Sundries (I just love the clever naming of the Hotel MiraCosta's shops). to buy some Aquarius to drink for about 200 yen each. I then took the elevator up to the 5th floor, where I went back to my Harbor Room to prepare for the next day. I had purchased a 4-Day Magic Passport, with Tokyo Disneyland on the first day and Tokyo DisneySea on the second day. As I slept, I opened the curtains and windows to hear the magical Italian music seep into our room. It was wonderful having a direct view of Mount Prometheus as I slept. It was by far the most immersive experience I've had in a Disney hotel. You truly do feel like you're staying in Mediterranean Harbor and not a hotel.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 07-23-2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Re: July 17-22 Tokyo Disney Resort- A Trip Report by TDR_Fan

Fantastic trip report TDR_FAN. BRAVO!

I was only there a few months ago but feels like a lifetime ago. I really want to go back. Maybe in a few years, maybe when something is new I will use it as an excuse to return. Not that you really need an excuse to visit the most beautiful park in the world!

Pete

Ps I agree about Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. I like the new version very much, I too like it more than POTC.

• Minion

Question Re: July 17-22 Tokyo Disney Resort- A Trip Report by TDR_Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    Fantastic trip report TDR_FAN. BRAVO!

I was only there a few months ago but feels like a lifetime ago. I really want to go back. Maybe in a few years, maybe when something is new I will use it as an excuse to return. Not that you really need an excuse to visit the most beautiful park in the world!

Pete

Ps I agree about Sinbad's Storybook Voyage. I like the new version very much, I too like it more than POTC.
    Thank you! I might just post the next section tomorrow if I have time. Maybe if I get some more comments?

• World Traveler

Wonderful report! Thank you.

Awesome! Makes me want to fly right back to TDR!

• Banned User

Again... top notch experience. No other Disney resort comes close to it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Again... top notch experience. No other Disney resort comes close to it.
    That's for sure! Since visiting the Tokyo Disney Resort, I have had no desire to visit any other Disney resort.

• Banned User

Oh good. Hopefully now, we won't have to be concerned with competition from you in getting ressies for the most expensive rooms at DLP and HKDL.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Oh good. Hopefully now, we won't have to be concerned with competition from you in getting ressies for the most expensive rooms at DLP and HKDL.

• Minion

Great report!!!! The hotel and park look absolutely breathtaking! The OLC really does Disney better than Disney.

• Banned User

Take the train you snob!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Take the train you snob!
    Dragging luggage up and down stairs is not my idea of a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    That's for sure! Since visiting the Tokyo Disney Resort, I have had no desire to visit any other Disney resort.
    If I have a chance to stay in a Speciale room at Hotel Miracosta, I'm sure to feel the same.

The two TDR hotels are too expensive for me. At most I can afford is to stay at one of the official hotels when there is a discount like 20,000yen per night. But I'm sure the experience will be fantastic if stay at Hotel Miracosta.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    If I have a chance to stay in a Speciale room at Hotel Miracosta, I'm sure to feel the same.

The two TDR hotels are too expensive for me. At most I can afford is to stay at one of the official hotels when there is a discount like 20,000yen per night. But I'm sure the experience will be fantastic if stay at Hotel Miracosta.
    Even a normal Superior Room at the Hotel MiraCosta is amazing and an unforgettable experience!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Dragging luggage up and down stairs is not my idea of a vacation.
    It builds character!

Listen, enough of the damn hotel. Let's see the parks.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast