Affordable Accomodations

I would like to find some place affordable to stay convient to TDR. All of the hotals on the TDR website are $200/night or more. Any suggestions???

Re: Affordable Accomodations

well.. when planning a trip to TDR, there are a few things you need to think about and take into consideration..

when are you planning on going? (because there are certain days/months that are WAY cheaper than others... if you want to go in August, its high season.. if you want to go on September on a weekday, it will be a lot cheaper)

how many people would you have in your group?
    (the more people in a room, the cheaper per person, of course.. but hotels like the hilton and the sun route have rooms designed for larger groups that are cheaper per person as well)

how close do you want to be?
    (if you`re wanting to be on the monorail route, its not going to be super cheap... but there a bunch of good neighbor hotels and partner hotels that are cheaper that offer a shuttle to the parks - the shuttles are pretty good with being on time unlike the ones at WDW)
    Last edited by luvtdl; 07-24-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Does this meet your requirement?
    http://www.palmandfountainterracehot...ish/index.html
    It has free shuttle bus to TDR.

• When Will It Return?

^ Oyi...the P&F's shuttle takes a while to get to the parks, and the hotel itself is barely above Motel 6 standards.

Atom_mobile I would suggest you research the Tokyo area using Expedia and the list of partner/good neighbor hotels provided on TDR's website. Do some comparing and playing around with your travel dates to see what kind of deals you can get. Expedia can sometimes offer sharp discounts by combining hotel and airplane. Something to consider.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

First, don't expect large hotel rooms like we are used to in the US. On our second trip we stayed in Shinegawa for just over $100 a night at a very nice hotel. It took us about 45 minutes to get to TDR from the hotel but the savings made the trip possible so the distance was acceptable. The Shinegawa area is very nice and most hotels are a very short walk to the train station. If you have any questions about the area feel free to PM me. We used Orbitz.com to reserve our room at a substantial discount and just made sure to verify the confirmation before we left. The nice thing about orbitz compaired to expidia is that orbitz doesn't charge your card right away while expidia does.

While it would be great to stay at TDR for some people staying there is cost prohibitive so if you need to stay a bit further away and cheapier to make the trip happen do it! I personally like staying in Tokyo because at night we could go to Shinjuku or Shibuya or Akihabara after the parks.

I stayed at Shinagawa Prince before, but find the train transfer at Tokyo station to TDR is too long a walk for my kids, especially if you plan to get a multi-day pass. For me the convenience of staying close to TDR is I able to bring my kids back to hotel for a rest before continue in the evening. TDR Official Hotels will be my first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lwm99 View Post
    I stayed at Shinagawa Prince before, but find the train transfer at Tokyo station to TDR is too long a walk for my kids, especially if you plan to get a multi-day pass. For me the convenience of staying close to TDR is I able to bring my kids back to hotel for a rest before continue in the evening. TDR Official Hotels will be my first choice.
    I agree that the walk in the Tokyo Station is a bit of a walk. But you can cut that was down substantially by getting off at the station just before the Tokyo Station and entering Tokyo Station at the South end through the International Market (I think that is what it is called). By entering there you come in right where the line to TDR is. It may involve buying an extra ticket but it cuts out alot of the walking in Tokyo Station.