• Minion FOREVER!

Need help! What to see at TDS in a evening

I made enough time in Tokyo that I have an evening that I can spend in TDS. (Aug 6)
    (I'm leading a tour group, so it's a fixed schedule).

The question: what do you think I can see w/ my family?

I would just love to ride JTTCOTE... but I'm not going to ride it if that's the only thing
    we're going to be able to get on. (Also my youngest son probably can't get on... he's still
    a 1/2" too short to ride DL's Indy).

So any "must do" and "must eat" suggestions?

A HUGE "arigato" in advance!

• When Will It Return?

Re: Need help! What to see at TDS in a evening

Journey would top the list for sure...

...but if that's not an option, there's Tower of Terror, which is 100% worth riding even with 2 other Tower's in the USA. There's Raging Spirits & Indiana Jones Adventure at the back of the park. And there's the BraviSEAmo show which is a great sight to see if you can afford the time. Big Band Beat is a great show to see for parents and kids alike.

As for food, it depends on how much time/money you're willing to spend. There are restaurants across the board from the lavish Magellan's to the modest NY Deli for sandwhiches.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Its hard to advise you here as not only are you only doing a night trip which I'm guessing will be a after 6.00 passport,which will lead you with only four hours in the park but also your going in the high season where all FastPasses will be long gone by the time you arrive.Sinbad and Stormrider will be your best bets for attractions,as lines are never to long.Big Band Beat and BraviSEAmo are both excellent shows but will require arriving early to both to gain good seats.As for food I don't recomend going to somewhere like Magellan's if your short on time.Zambini Brothers Ristorante is a good choice for itallian food like Pizza's and pasta's.

Personally your going to be pushed for time so when you arrive head for the Zambini Brothers or another counter service resturant.Next maybe try and catch Big Band Beat or another show(Little Mermaid is good) and just take a stroll around the park maybe check out Sinbad if wait isn't to long.Around 30-20 mins before BraviSEAmo try and grab a place and after the show enjoy the fireworks.After this the park will start to empty out so now will be a good time to ride some of the big attractions until closing.

• Banned User

But after posting this I've remembered that Disney Seas will be no showing any fireworks due to Bon Fire Dance.Well worth watching from what I've heard.

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks, guys!

Yup, definitely after the 6 pm passport... *sigh* I thought so about jttcote...
    I think we'll definitely take your suggestion and go on Sinbad and Little Mermaid.

Malin: do you have any info on the Bon Fire Dance?

I guess I can go to their website...

• Banned User

"Bon Fire Dance"
    July 20 through August 31, 2007
    The summer nighttime entertainment is back again! The theme this year is "matsuri," or Japanese festival, at Arabian Coast. The summer nights heat up with energetic performances and lively dancing for all to enjoy. Cool down with some ice cream or shaved ice from the souk (market). The night festivals at Tokyo DisneySea are always full of surprises, so come join the fun dressed in yukata (summer kimono), and dance the night away with Mickey and his pals!

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...index.html#sea

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks again, Malin!

Sounds like I have a plan now.... :-)

"Doomo Arigato!"

• Banned User

No worries just hope you have a great time in the limited time you'll be at the park.Below I've posted the times of each show after 6.00 to give you a better idea but do note the Little Mermaid show is continuous so I've not listed it.

Bon Fire Dance:6.45,8.00,9.15

BraviSEAmo:8.20

Big Band Beat:6.45

Over the Waves:7.00

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...t20070806.html

When I was there in April I was able to do Journey, Sindbad, Indy, Stormrider and 20K all after 6pm. There were very short wait times during the nighttime shows. Also, keep in mind that at TDR, for lines with long waits, they close the lines before park closing so if Tower has a 1hr wait they will close it 1hr before park closing. They do this at Pooh as well.

• Minion

I rode Journey to the Center of the Earth twice, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Raging Spirits after watching BraviSEAmo and Disney Magic in the Sky. So basically 6 attractions in about 75 minutes or so. This was last week by the way. It was very easy actually, as most attractions were a walk on. Since you're visiting in August, you might have to wait a bit longer. Usually, crowd levels are low after BraviSEAmo.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Golden State of Mind

Everything!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

My experience (in September) was that the rides were not crowded at night. We went on JTTCOTE twice after 6pm.

Rides aside, you will have a great time simply walking through the park and soaking in the atmosphere and views.

TIP: Be sure to take a ride on the Steamer Boat (that circles around the park) for one-of-a-kind views.

• Banned User

I forgot to mention if you get to the Resort early and are waiting for 6.00 to come around take advantage of this time to do any shopping you may wish to do and visit Bon Voyage or one of the gift shops in Mira Costa.Another tip is to make a trip to the Disney Store in Ikspiari as its something else.

Having time to tour the MiraCosta Hotel is also a must aparently if you have the time but don't let it cut into your time at the parks,and if you do have enough time waiting a tip could be to grab something to eat early from on of the many resturants in Ikspiari.

Not long before you go and I'm soo excited for you!
    Last edited by Malin; 07-29-2007 at 02:59 AM.