• Minion

Cheap Airline Tickets

Thanks to all that replied to my other thread. I have been looking for airline tickets from Atlanta to Tokyo in next May and I can't find any that aren't around 1500 dollars a person. Anyone know how to get them cheaper?

• When Will It Return?

Re: Cheap Airline Tickets

Well, the past 2 years that I've planned trips to Tokyo in May, the prices have dropped around Easter time. It's a bit hairraising to wait like that, but I saved about $500 off plane tickets on my most recent trip last May/June so it rewards if you can wait.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Thanks to all that replied to my other thread. I have been looking for airline tickets from Atlanta to Tokyo in next May and I can't find any that aren't around 1500 dollars a person. Anyone know how to get them cheaper?
    Try calling a travel agent that specializes in international travel and ask if they have consolidator fares. It might be too early for those fares though.

• Koubu Pilot

If anyone is reading this and is a college student and want to go to Japan for something more long term than a vacation, check with your school to see if any study abroad programs are offered. If you've obtained any 4 year degree, there may be other programs (like JET) available. If you have a connection, companies look for English tutors/teachers for their execs (or kids). Then there's always auditioning for face characters @ Tokyo Disney Resort.

I know there are agencies with discounted tickets, but I don't remember which ones are around. Students/teachers from my school who are Japanese use them all the time to travel home.