Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2007

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Halloween 2007

So more info has been revealed about this years Halloween Event at Tokyo Disneyland.I'm happy to say my fears of them repeating last years Scream & Shout Parade have been put to rest.A brand new parade theme to the Haunted Mansion will begin on Sept 12th.See below for more info...

Thanks to Leemac from Laughing Place.com for posting this information!

From Wednesday, September 12 through Wednesday, October 31, 2007, Tokyo Disneyland Park will celebrate the Halloween season with the special event “Disney’s Halloween.” This year, the event is themed to the Haunted Mansion attraction. Guests are invited to join the Disney characters in some haunted fun through a variety of entertainment programs day and night.

During the daytime, spirited ghosts from the Haunted Mansion attraction will present “Disney’s Halloween Happy Haunted Parade,” joined by Disney characters dressed up in costumes from the Haunted Mansion. Approximately 110 performers will share the fun in this lively Halloween parade.

After dark, the Disney characters and ghosts from the Haunted Mansion will rock the night in “Haunted Rockin’ Street,” an energetic show to be held at the Castle Forecourt.

During the event period, the Plaza in front of Cinderella Castle will be transformed into a Halloween-themed area featuring fun photo locations and booths offering exclusive Halloween menu items and merchandise. Also, Westernland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland will be filled with Halloween decorations.

Furthermore, on September 19, guests visiting the Park with tickets valid for that day will receive a collectible button.

Disney’s Halloween Happy Haunted Parade
    Parade Route / Three Times Daily

The 999 spectral inhabitants of the Haunted Mansion attraction in Fantasyland are always on the lookout for one more spirit to make their number an even 1,000. This year the Halloween parade has been taken over by the ghosts in their search for that 1,000th soul. Mickey Mouse and his Disney pals dress up as characters from the Haunted Mansion and join the ghosts in the parade. Guests are also invited to participate in the ghostly search.

The parade will stop in Westernland, the Plaza in front of Cinderella Castle and Tomorrowland so that Guests can join in a happy, haunted celebration of Halloween.

Note: “Disney’s Dreams on Parade ‘Movin’ On’” will be suspended during the period when “Disney’s Halloween Happy Haunted Parade” is being performed.

Haunted Rockin’ Street
    Castle Forecourt / Twice Daily

After dark, the Haunted Mansion ghosts host an exciting rock party right in front of Cinderella Castle. Unlike the ghosts’ usual stately ball in the Mansion, this is an energetic blast full of Halloween fun with the Disney characters and guests joining in the party.

Note: Tickets are required to be seated in the Central Viewing Area in front of Cinderella Castle. To participate in the parade portion of the show, a separate ticket is required. The tickets are distributed through a free lottery system. Tickets are not required to view the show from around the Plaza.

Haunted Mansion “Holiday Nightmare”

The Haunted Mansion attraction in Fantasyland will present a special program from September 12, 2007 through January 4, 2008, entitled “Haunted Mansion ‘Holiday Nightmare.’” Inspired by the Tim Burton film The Nightmare Before Christmas, distributed by Disney, the attraction will be festooned with unique decorations which will magically bring together the Halloween and Christmas holidays. Also, the leading characters from the movie, Jack Skellington and Sally, will be appearing throughout the attraction.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Halloween 2007

gosh I`m so jealous of anyone who will be able to go! .. I wish I could go for their Halloween event!
    I saw that Haunted Mansion was going to be down until mid September and was thinking - wow, they`re going to start the Nightmare version early this year! and now I get it.. they`re doing a whole event for Halloween - so cool!

• Banned User

Now why couldn't they do that here in the USA at a certain place in Anaheim?

• Minion

I'm really curious to read about decorations going up in Tomorrowland,as its a first to my knowledge and it should be interesting to see what there'll look like.Especially seeing that the Halloween theme doesn't really fit in with the Tomorrowland theme.But if anyone can make it work its Tokyo Disneyland.

As for Disneyland don't worry I'm sure it will recieve the same recycled props that it did last year from Tokyo Disneyland also...

• Minion

Wow! I can't wait to see pictures of all this posted! I'm sure someone's going then, right? right? Someone?
    I want my cake back!

• Minion

I'll be at Tokyo Disneyland on Wednesday the 19th of Sept to pick up my free collectible button as well as check out all the Halloween stuff.Anyone who would like to meet up for a bit is welcome to do so...

As for pics I'm sure the likes of JoeInJpn and TDLFAN will be covering the event like usual and I must say I'm very apreciated to them for it too.

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Money on costumes, pyro, floats, talent, soundtrack, equipment checks, and other things that the US side is (at least, by all visual comparisons) not willing to spend.

They rather rehatch five-year old tunes and fill it with a 30+ year-old float and call it a new parade.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

The question, ZeekSlider, was meant to be sarcastic.

For those who are going to TDL for the Halloween event and wanna check the park schedule page:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ule/index.html

• Minion

Important times to remember ...

Disney's Halloweeen Happy Haunted Parade 10:00 1:30 4:10

Haunted Rockin' Street 6:10 8:50

• You have much to learn...

Unfortunaetly, I'll be probably going to the scaled down Disneyland USA version- though I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday-just wish they had the Haunted Mansion Holiday events like they used to. I've been to all of them and ate in the Haunted Mansion 4 times at those events in the past.

Anyway, I guess I picked a bad year to go for Christmas, since the Halloween stuff sounds great. I love the Mansion and the theming seems right up my alley! I may try Sept/Oct next year if I can make it.

• Minion

Despite my recent complaints against TDR for how its handling the special events,I still feel what ever time of the year you go you will find something worth seeing.Christmas will be no differnt to Halloween in terms of actual quality.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Because OLC does not run the American parks.. Money is an issue with entertainment in the USA, especially at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by luvtdl
    gosh I`m so jealous of anyone who will be able to go!
    Don't be jealous. Be MAD as heck and demand your local Disney to up the quality and quantity of special events/entertainment and tell this this.."Like they do at TDR, darn it!!".

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Don't be jealous. Be MAD as heck and demand your local Disney to up the quality and quantity of special events/entertainment and tell this this.."Like they do at TDR, darn it!!".
    Doesn't work. You'll just get the generic response they give everyone else, be it about the quality of the theme park or the fact they refuse to release volume 2 of Gargoyles season 2 or a decent DVD set of Goof Troop.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

It won't work because the current management crop does not care. But hey.. give yourself the pleasure of complaining.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast