Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Time to replace Mickey Mouse Revue with Mickey's PhilharMagic

Now before I begin I would like to say I'm a huge fan of this classic animatronic show but I realise its starting to clearly show its age and a change or replacment is needed.Now going by the theatre's size I would say it could accomendate Mickey's PhilharMagic the popular 3D show from WDW and Hong Kong Disneyland.Mickey's PhilharMagic is a big hit with guest and would be a perfect fit for Tokyo Disneyland.In fact due to how many empty seats The Mickey Mouse Revue usually has on each performance I say it would bring much needed capacity to that theatre.What do you guys think,right or wrong?

• Minion

Re: Time to replace Mickey Mouse Revue with Mickey's PhilharMagic

I agree that Mickey's PhilharMagic would be a great replacement, but I would like to see something unique. I know another dark ride probably won't fit in that space, but maybe another 3D show will that is similar to PhilharMagic but not a direct clone.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Yeah a direct clone could be difficult to pull off due to both The Little Mermaid and Aladdin having major parts in the story.Don't forget the characters from these two movies are exclusive to Tokyo Disney Seas.Also when the film for PhilharMagic was made CGI was still a new concept and never before been tried on these traditional hand drawn characters.So some of the work was a bit weak,thats why Mickey only makes a brief cameo.But now that the years have passed the phase of turning these characters from hand drawn to CGI has greatly improved,why not.Oh and by the way you only have to look at some of the work on the kids show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or that new Pooh series to realise that,not of course that I watch it mind you

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Yeah a direct clone could be difficult to pull off due to both The Little Mermaid and Aladdin having major parts in the story.Don't forget the characters from these two movies are exclusive to Tokyo Disney Seas.Also when the film for PhilharMagic was made CGI was still a new concept and never before been tried on these traditional hand drawn characters.So some of the work was a bit weak,thats why Mickey only makes a brief cameo.But now that the years have passed the phase of turning these characters from hand drawn to CGI has greatly improved,why not.Oh and by the way you only have to look at some of the work on the kids show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or that new Pooh series to realise that,not of course that I watch it mind you
    How about a 3D film that combines hand drawn animation with CGI? Like the new Disney Rapunzel film currently under production. That would look very cool.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Was any of what you just said remotely true, or is it just your own speculation?
    Aladdin and Ariel "exclusive" to TDS? Just because they feature highly there, it doesn't mean they can't appear outside of the park.
    Mickey only makes a brief cameo because he didn't make a good translation to 3D? (Mickey looks one of the best 3D characters)
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Completely true unlike some on here I don't speculate.Tokyo Disney Resort has asigned all characters a park where there can only be found.This will give you more info just to prove I'm not making it up
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...wto/07_01.html

As for Mickey he makes a great CGI character now days, but when Phillarmagic came out he didn't.Why do you think he only apears in the movie briefly and only from a distance!

I don't think it would be that big of a deal, Aladdin has appeared in Tokyo Disneyland before and not just Tokyo DisneySea

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I don't think it would be that big of a deal, Aladdin has appeared in Tokyo Disneyland before and not just Tokyo DisneySea
    Really? I've never seen Aladdin in Tokyo Disneyland before.

Cinderellabration for one. And even though that is just a special event it does set a precedent. And I am sure he must've been in the park before Tokyo DisneySEA even opened, as well as Ariel.

But regardless of even that, I don't believe that if Philharmagic were placed into TDL, that Aladdin and Ariel appearing for a minute or two would become a problem.

• Minion

Cinderellabration for one. And even though that is just a special event it does set a precedent. And I am sure he must've been in the park before Tokyo DisneySEA even opened, as well as Ariel.

But regardless of even that, I don't believe that if Philharmagic were placed into TDL, that Aladdin and Ariel appearing for a minute or two would become a problem.
    I think they have been in Tokyo Disneyland before 2001, but I've noticed stricter placement of characters since then. There are a few characters which can only be found in either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea, with Ariel and Aladdin being the most famous.

Point being though, they can cross over the characters if they need to post-Tokyo DisneySEA, Cinderellabration being the example. And what's in discussion here is not even the physical characters, just their presense in a attraction which is not nearly as big of a deal.

• Minion

Point being though, they can cross over the characters if they need to post-Tokyo DisneySEA, Cinderellabration being the example. And what's in discussion here is not even the physical characters, just their presense in a attraction which is not nearly as big of a deal.
    True. Pinocchio is a face character found only in Tokyo DisneySea, but he is in an attraction in Tokyo Disneyland.

And he appears in the parade.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

NO! I need to see MMR again before I die!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    True. Pinocchio is a face character found only in Tokyo DisneySea, but he is in an attraction in Tokyo Disneyland.
    I've seen Pinochio out doing meet and greets in Tokyo Disneyland atleast I'm sure I did

I think Grizzly brings up some excellent points.We'll just have to see if it ever happens or not really.

And aimster nothing will ever stay the same at Tokyo Disney Resort for to long so I'd go A.S.A.P as you never know what OLC and Disney are planning next!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast