Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

BraviSEAmo site in English

The official Tokyo Disney Resort website has launched a subsite dedicated to BraviSEAmo in English.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...amo/index.html
    Last edited by Malin; 08-01-2007 at 12:52 PM.

• Banned User

Re: BraviSEAmo site in English

The Highlights section should give many people an idea of the storyline behind the spectacle...which is so abstract to many. Still, that music gives me a bit of a rush... so beautiful...one of Disney best musical scores of any large scale show... right up there with Mythica's and EPCOT's Reflections of Earth's score.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The Highlights section should give many people an idea of the storyline behind the spectacle...which is so abstract to many. Still, that music gives me a bit of a rush... so beautiful...one of Disney best musical scores of any large scale show... right up there with Mythica's and EPCOT's Reflections of Earth's score.
    If I remember correctly, both IllumiNations' score and BraviSEAmo's score were conducted by Gavin Greenaway.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

That's correct TDR_Fan, "Swept Away" from that show is also by Greenaway.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Crazy Furry

I remember seeing a few good videos of this on YouTube and even though I didn't know the story, it certainly showed that this is a very beautiful nighttime show.

Being a Band Geek, music is very big for me and BraviSEAmo's soundtrack certainly did not dissapoint in the least. From the calming sounds of Bellisea, to the powerful drums from Prometeo...I have to agree with TDLFAN on being one of the best musical scores from Disney!

Then again it really irks me when I go to other theme park sites that call this "DisneySea's version of Fantasmic!".
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Then again it really irks me when I go to other theme park sites that call this "DisneySea's version of Fantasmic!".
    I agree. BraviSEAmo is nothing like Fantasmic and is in a separate class of its own.

hmmm...BraviSEAmo! is good, but it ain't Fantasmic.

I think the show suffers somewhat up to the point where Prometeo appears and the story actually picks up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    hmmm...BraviSEAmo! is good, but it ain't Fantasmic.

I think the show suffers somewhat up to the point where Prometeo appears and the story actually picks up.
    I disagree. I like it better than Fantasmic because it's much more emotional and beautiful. I think every part of the show works except for the brief introduction by Mickey. I know some people find the Spirit of Water part a bit long, but I thought it was very touching and rich.

• Banned User

(sigh)I can see this turning into another BraviSEAmo is better than Fantasmic thread.I love both shows and to even make comparisons against the two is just wrong,as both are just so differnt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    (sigh)I can see this turning into another BraviSEAmo is better than Fantasmic thread.I love both shows and to even make comparisons against the two is just wrong,as both are just so differnt.
    I didn't say BraviSEAmo was better; I just said I liked it better. There is no hard evidence to suggest either show is superior to the other. My statement was purely based on preferences and opinion.

OMG there were actually threads debating these two shows? You'd think there wouldn't be a debate.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    OMG there were actually threads debating these two shows? You'd think there wouldn't be a debate.
    No, Malin was just exaggerating. I know most people prefer Fantasmic because it's a more "Disney" show, but I like the elegant and emotionally powerful atmosphere of BraviSEAmo. But like Malin said, you can't really compare the two shows since they're both so different.

• Banned User

No one has ever started a thread as far as I know on BraviSEAmo vs Fantasmic.But I have read a number of post where the subject has turned to this in the past.And I could see this one turning out the same,so I felt I should say something.Comparing BraviSEAmo to Fantasmic is like comparing Pirates to Splash because both feature Animatronics and a drop.You wouldn't compare either attraction would you and its the same when it comes to both night time shows.

All I did was make a coment to stop it before it became another tired argument.I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss both shows here,don't get me wrong.But we should be discussing how great both shows are and not pointing out which show is better.Those sort of antics should be left to the school playground.

• Sea Creature

BraviSEAmo is really the perfect way to cap off the DisneySea experience and I honestly hope that they keep it for a while in a Fantasmic sort of way. I remember the exact feeling I had that first time I heard Bellisea's song and I don't think I've ever had so many chills running through my body at one time. To me, BraviSEAmo is just as important to DisneySea as JTTCOTE and Indy.

Ah, thanks Malin for pointing out the English site. I pretty much "got" the story, but it's nice to read the English summary.

As for the show itself, I liked it. It was very cold the evening we saw it, but we waited a long time to get good seats. It was very impressive, and the music was gorgeous. BUT, I was absolutely blown away by Legends of Mythica a few days later!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast