View Poll Results: Which Disney Park has the best castle?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • TDL

5 11.11%
  • HKDL

1 2.22%
  • DLP

26 57.78%
  • WDW

3 6.67%
  • DL

10 22.22%

• Senior Minion

Quick Poll - Best Castle?

To help with an experiment that I am currently conducting, please let me know which Disney Park you think has the best castle.

(What I'm actually doing is to post the same poll in all five Disney park forums. It will be interesting to see the final results and how they relate to each other.)
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 08-03-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Re: Quick Poll - Best Castle?

To be honest, the DLP Castle (the one from Beauty and The Beast) is the prettiest of the three. TDL and WDW's Cinderella and HKDL and DL's Sleeping Beauty are both lookalikes.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    To be honest, the DLP Castle (the one from Beauty and The Beast) is the prettiest of the three.
    Although the DLP castle looks a little like the Beast's, its actually supposed to be Sleeping Beauty's.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• The Darkness to Light

On a technical level, TDL's castle seems to outshine everyones. I mean, it's the only castle out of the five that can launch fireworks, water, fire, and laser projections!! The other four cannot do water, and only two others have flamethrowers flanking their castles (HKDL and DLR).
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    On a technical level, TDL's castle seems to outshine everyones. I mean, it's the only castle out of the five that can launch fireworks, water, fire, and laser projections!! The other four cannot do water, and only two others have flamethrowers flanking their castles (HKDL and DLR).
    Yes, I agree. Tokyo Disneyland's is by far the most advanced. But in terms of beauty, I still think Disneyland Paris' is the best.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I think Tokyo Disneyland's is clearly the best maintened out of the lot.But sadly it looses points for me due to them closing The Castle Tour last year.

Tokyo's Castle may be better at putting shows on thanks to the advance technology but in my opinion it doesn't have much else going for it now days.Atleast WDW has taken advantage of the space by including a resturant inside and of course the Royal Bed Chamber thats given away each night as part of The Year of a Million Dreams/Givaways.Some may dissagree but it gives guest at WDW a unique Disney experience that can be found no where else at the mo.

Hong Kong and California Castles are just a standard walk through which add no kind of experience to guest.Sadly Tokyo's has also become just a walk through to Fantasyland too.In case your wondering I'm basing my opinion on which Castle offers the best experience,and I see all three Tokyo,California and Hong Kong to be just props now days,used as back drops for firework shows etc.

The best overall experience for a Castle which I can consider an actual attraction is one in Paris.It includes some spectacular stainglass windows telling the story of Sleeping Beauty and offers a thrilling encounter with a sleeping Dragon below the Castle in a cave.

• Minion

I wonder if there are any plans to add something in Cinderella Castle. I'm sure they won't just leave it empty. Adding a restaurant would be a logical choice, considering how popular the restaurant is in the Magic Kingdom.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'm deeply suprised nothing was annouced the minute this attraction closed.It seems OLC just didn't want to fund this attraction anymore and felt it could save money by closing it for good.A new resturant or an upgraded attraction would be a great addition.But I get the feeling this attraction is going to remain close for a long time.I've heard all the props etc have already been gutted out too.

• Senior Minion

The votes across the five forums have already started to show a couple of very interesting trends. Keep the votes coming!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Well... not quite correct Zeek. The MK's castle has previously launched fireworks as well..depending on the show, but so have DL's and HKDL's in some pyro forms; while TDL's castle has never launched fire itself, except for them flamethrowers on the turrets on either side of the forecourt and on the castle stage. However, TDL's castle has a more elaborate strobe light system that makes the MK's and DLP's strobe look very much like a simple strobe effect... but HKDL's and DL's also have that effect in place. TDL's also have the distinction of being used as a projection screen for multiple visual effects during several presentations... as is done at DLP's and HKDL's firework shows. WDW's and DLP's also has the distiction of being the only castles with Tink cables attached to them.
    HKDL's has the unique distinction of being the only castle with a music and light show nightly every 15 mins or so.. and that! makes it quite special to me. TDL's castle has only done such little music and light shows on special event times... like Cinderellabration or Xmas Fantasy.

However, you are right about some of the unique things the TDL castle does...like:
    Great balls of Fire

Inferno blast.

Water fountains

Mist

Wall of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Tokyo's Castle may be better at putting shows on thanks to the advance technology but in my opinion it doesn't have much else going for it now days.Atleast WDW has taken advantage of the space by including a resturant inside and of course the Royal Bed Chamber thats given away each night as part of The Year of a Million Dreams/Givaways.Some may dissagree but it gives guest at WDW a unique Disney experience that can be found no where else at the mo.
    While I agree that OLC dropped the ball by removing the Mystery Castle tour, I also disagree with your assessment of the WDW castle. A restaurant, a suite than only selected few get to enjoy, and girly beauty parlor boutique hardly makes for this castle to be any better than what is being offered at the other parks. Let's face it, the castles are only there for cosmetic purposes... and nothing else. Only DLP's castle got it right.. TWO unique walk thru attractions, great theming outside and inside, plus boutiques that really feel like they are found in a castle somewhere in time. Still, even in Paris, some little items like the cascading waterfall in the main atrium (not the one outside by the mountain) have been turned off permanently, robbing this castle of some even more unique touches, and that I find totally unacceptable. At least they have not turned off the fiber optic lights in the stone castle... which I enjoy looking at to this day.

And for the benefit of those who may or may not be familiar... here are photos from all the castle (but some are a bit old)..

DL's 50th castle

MK

TDL

DLP's 15th anniversary castle

HKDL

• The Darkness to Light

This is why I worship you, TDLFAN.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Lost in Wonderland

I have always thought Disneyland Paris has the best castle. It's beautiful how it's integrated into the (man-made) hillside, and has a large lake/moat. If I remember correctly, I liked how you could walk around to the right of the castle, around the moat, and it felt so open--no buildings to clutter the area. The landscaping also takes advantage of the Evyind Earle tall, vertical, angular style featured in the Sleeping Beauty film. Plus the cavern with the dragon is awesome.

On a related noted, we have yet to see what the "Snow effect" on Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle will look like. That should be rather amazing.