• You have much to learn...

2007 Christmas Fantasy/Harborside Christmas

Hi,

This is the first time I've posted and would like to ask a question.

I know it's still early & the Halloween info is just coming out, but has anyone heard anything on plans for this years Harborside Christmas or Christmas Fantasy at the resort?

I've been to TDR for the past 2 years in November. The first time in 2005, I thought the decorations, shows and parades were fantastic, but in 2006 they seemed to be a little less spectacular. I hope it's due to the areas lost due to construction or new attractions- like the loss of the show in front of the Tower of Terror and also the hub seating was removed in front of the Castle last year, I assume due to the loss of the building for the lottery system where they are building the Monsters Inc attraction.

I thought last years shows seemed really scaled down as to the year before. I hope they aren't going the way of Disneyland and WDW making things cheaper.

I'm really looking forward to this November & would love to hear any info or rumors anyone has heard about it.

Thanks

Joseph

• The Darkness to Light

Re: 2007 Christmas Fantasy/Harborside Christmas

I just want to know if they will be doing Candlelight Reflections again at TDS. Love that Bolero version of Deck the Halls. Then again, I want them to air the English version of "Welcome to Christmas" all over the states. Either way, I hope both of those songs come back this year.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

Candlelight Reflections will play again.
    As for the rest of Xmas at TDR... expect pretty much the same they did last year... a Xmas parade, hopefully a new one as opposed to using the regular floats re-dressed. The theme and decor around the hub will be new as well.. castle show appears to be the same illumination ceremony they did last year. Xmas versions of the shows at TDS... etc etc.

I am with Jedi upthere... TDR's xmas offerings last Xmas were... a bit less than spectacular as it's been in previous years, which is a trend I hope they correct in the future.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Yeah very dissapointing except for the decorations and merchadise which were as usual very good.

• You have much to learn...

I'm looking forward to what they have in merchandise too this year. I do get the Disney Fan Magazine here in the US. I tracked down a bookstore that carries it and I subscribe to it. Hopefully the new issue that I'm expecting in the next few days may have a small preview of what's in store for this year.

But as far as any Christmas decorations and celebrations- Tokyo still rocks!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post

But as far as any Christmas decorations and celebrations- Tokyo still rocks!!
    The parks looked amazing last year all done up for Christmas.This is one area Tokyo Disney Resort never fails in.By the way has anyone heard anything about a new parade being used this year?