• Minion

Hi It's official we are going to TDL!

I am so excited.
    It has been my dream to return to Tokyo, where I lived for three years as a child. When they built Tokyo Disneyland, it was like a sign!
    Now it is going to happen. We will go in two years for my 50th birthday.
    I think I would like to go in May. I also want to go to Summerland, my favorite resort amusement park in 1969. I can't wait to see Disney Sea, I am so excited!!
    Any advice or tips will be so welcome. I usually hang in Disneyland resort room, but will be checking you guys out now! Already enjoying the threads.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Banned User

Re: Hi It's official we are going to TDL!

WOO-HOO!!! I am happy for you. Disney doesn't get any better than TDR!!!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

So being a new follower of the Tokyo Disney Resort may I first recomend you check out Joe's website which is a fantastic source for everything Tokyo Disney Resort related.I so highly recomend you check this site out on a regular basis over the next two years.Its full of coverage of past events,attractions and has archived a few trip reports,which I'm sure you'll find useful.Right now he's posted up another series of good shots of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel on going construction. http://www.jtcent.com

I also recomend you keep an eye out for TDLFAN's excellent coverage of Tokyo Disney Resort events,full of beatiful pics and all the latest park updates.

As for the trip it sounds like a once in a lifetime trip,so will you be wishing to stay on site at one of the three official hotels.Mira Costa is the favourite among people here but opinions may change once the new hotel opens.

May is supposed to be a good time to visit,can I also recomend Sept.Will be easier to advise you on things if we can get more details of what your after on this trip.Do you wish to visit just Disney or other locations too?

2 years will fly by i've been awaiting my next trip to TDR for 18 months and now's it's just a few weeks away.

I hope you have enough time to see some of "the real" Tokyo as well.

Head off to the bookstore and treat youself to a couple of chunky tokyo guidebooks. i've kept mine on my nightstand and read a few pages from time to time with a highlighter pen to keep track of any important stuff.

Planning is half the fun

• Banned User

Interesting to note steamboat will I was in a book shop last week just browsing and found the travel guides on Japan.I was highly tempted to buy one but realise I already own one which I've never bothered reading.The shop was also selling langeuge books and audio and I may pop back this week and pick one up.Doesn't hurt to know some of the basics after all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Mira Costa is the favourite among people here but opinions may change once the new hotel opens.
    I will be one of, if not the first people on MiceChat to experience the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. I'm already planning to stay 2 nights (July 14-15) followed by 3 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta. I'm sure I will enjoy the new hotel very much, and it will be interesting comparing to the MiraCosta.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeaís Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

It will certainly be interesting to read comparisons of the two hotels here.I would love to book and stay in a TDR hotel myself but just don't wish to pay the cost and can't be dealing with all the hassles of phoning up.If they ever get a online booking system that deals with international request I may re address the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    The shop was also selling langeuge books and audio and I may pop back this week and pick one up.Doesn't hurt to know some of the basics after all.

Well Malin, I decided to "learn the basics" for my first trip but found Japanese REALLY REALLY HARD!!!! Iíve never been much of a language sort, Iíve got to more creative, artistic brain.

But as it turned out most people spoke enough English to understand me. Gosh how embarrassing seems like wherever I go I rely on the international language of smiling and pointing. (oh and bowing)

• Banned User

Your right knowing Japanese is not required but its always good to know some of the basics.My problem is I rarely ever visit Japan and don't ever meet Japanese people who don't know basic English so to learn the languege is pointless to me.And I'd be better of learning something more useful like French or Spanish.Maybe I'm just being ignorant but its how I see things.But learning one or two differnt langueges will never hurt anyone.Its just a shame most of us are to lazy too,me included.

As for Japanese being hard to learn maybe Joe would like to coment!

• Minion

First let me say thank you to all who responded and I really appreciate the tips now and in the future.
    As for the language, It was a long time ago, and I sure have to brush up, but I could get by with all the basic phrases. I am lucky in that pronounciation is not a problem for me since I have heard the spoken language alot.
    I want to re-visit some of the older suburbs outside the city center, and the wonderful trains should take me everywhere we want to go. There are alot more lines and stations now! I don't think the actual official hotels are in the budget, but I am looking in Urayasu-city right now. Thanks again everyone! I will be around for sure.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!