• You have much to learn...

What happens to merchandise after a promotion?

I was wondering that after specific promotions like Find Stitch, Halloween, Christmas Fantasy, etc what happens to the logo merchandise. I was there a few days after Halloween last year & everything was gone. I understand that once a promotion is over, there's no real need for the merchandise, but is there a place they send it to put it on sale or is it just that popular that everything sells out by the end of the program.

I saw a few sale items last year on generic merchandise that probably was no longer being made like some Braviseamo stuff and a few other things from Mermaid Lagoon and some plush.

In the US parks most of holiday merchandise is put on sale and usually available several weeks or months after it, or it is shipped out to outlets.

Re: What happens to merchandise after a promotion?

For the Tokyo parks, unsold themed or seasonal items with dates like "Christmas Fantasy 2006" are sold at cost in the CM shop backstage. If it doesn't sell within 6 months or so, it is given away to CM's. If there is huge stock remaining, it gets destroyed.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• You have much to learn...

I figured as much, I usually have to rely on ebay to get the things I want since I can't go to TDL as often as I'd like to.

It would be neat if there were outlet centers out there as well, like they have in Florida & California-

If it's left over, it's just money they're throwing away- I know they made a lot of money on it during the promotion, but just giving it away or dumping it - then they probably don't need the extra cash they can make on it.

It is great for the cast members though who really deserve it for all of their outstanding efforts and guest service they give. But unlucky for us collectors who can't go to TDR often.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    For the Tokyo parks, unsold themed or seasonal items with dates like "Christmas Fantasy 2006" are sold at cost in the CM shop backstage. If it doesn't sell within 6 months or so, it is given away to CM's. If there is huge stock remaining, it gets destroyed.

JoeInJpn
    Awww can't it go to impoverished villages n' such in places like South America, like all those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champions T-shirts?

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post

JoeInJpn

Instead of destroying it, they can give them to me. What is there address? lol
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Banned User

And here I was thinking all that great TDR-specific merchanside went to Disney heaven after the event were over....