... a kind of pathetic plea for friends in Tokyo....

Hey everyone. Had kind of a sad Labor Day weekend. Broke up with my partner of 2 years (actually, he broke up with me). So... being me... I've just booked a quick trip to Japan to escape my whole LA world, and of course, the 'breathing antidepressent' that is DisneySea.

It's slightly depressing going alone... and although honestly that's part of the idea of this trip for me... it would also be wonderful to meet some folks (who speak English) as well. So anyone who'd like to meet me at TDR or just anywhere in Tokyo.... I could really use the friends.

I'll be in Japan from September 5th-13th.

Re: ... a kind of pathetic plea for friends in Tokyo....

Kayoss, how are you doing? Sorry to hear of the bad news. But I'm free on Friday evening or all day Sunday. Wanna meet up at the Parks or in Tokyo? Email me contact (at) jtcent (dot) com.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

I am so sorry to hear of your breakup. But hey... I know it's hard (I have been there), but walk proud and with your head high. Anyone who does not want to be with you, does NOT deserve your time and affection. You will survive, and it will be better when the right person shows up down the road.

I wish I was able to meet with you on those those but I won't be in Japan the time you plan to visit. I will be at TDR sept 6th, sept 8th and am planning to be there some days between sept 21st-25th.

BE STRONG. You'll be fine.

TDLFAN, I thought that you're coming on the morning of the 5th (Wednesday). Aren't we gonna meet up then?

Kayoss will be here this week, so if you come on the 6th or 8th, like you wrote, there is a chance to meet.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    TDLFAN, I thought that you're coming on the morning of the 5th (Wednesday). Aren't we gonna meet up then?

Kayoss will be here this week, so if you come on the 6th or 8th, like you wrote, there is a chance to meet.

JoeInJpn
    Joe, If I said I would be there on the 5th, then my apologies. I meant to say I arrive in Narita on the 5th and will go to TDS on thursday morning the 6th. I had no idea you planned on coming to the park on the 5th and I apologize for the confusion. So to clarify... I will be at TDR on the 6th (thursday) in the morning, then HKDL on the 7th (Friday), then back to TDR on saturday afternoon/evening on the 8th. Can you do saturday? That way I can get your omiyage from HKDL on friday and deliver the next day...
    Drop me an email or PM here if you can.

And Kayoss.. my time at the parks is very limited and I will be on a shopping mission, but could take a few minutes to meet if you are there by chance.

No worries, TDLFAN. So we can't meet tomorrow (5th) but I'm free a few hours on Saturday afternoon. I'll be there from 2pm-6pm that day. I'll bring some things for you, too.

Kayoss, where are you? Hope we can all meet up this week. ;-)

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Minion

Kayoss, which hotel are you staying at?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    Hey everyone. Had kind of a sad Labor Day weekend. Broke up with my partner of 2 years (actually, he broke up with me). So... being me... I've just booked a quick trip to Japan to escape my whole LA world, and of course, the 'breathing antidepressent' that is DisneySea.

It's slightly depressing going alone... and although honestly that's part of the idea of this trip for me... it would also be wonderful to meet some folks (who speak English) as well. So anyone who'd like to meet me at TDR or just anywhere in Tokyo.... I could really use the friends.

I'll be in Japan from September 5th-13th.
    First of sorry about you and your partner breaking up.Somethings are just not meant to be.And I aplaud you for not just staying at home feeling sorry for yourself.

Going solo can be a lot of fun,as you can do what you want to do when you want to do it and not have to be concern with other people or what they want to do!

Sadly I won't be arriving to the Resort until the 18th of Sept so we won't be able to meet up but I hope you have a wonderful time and are able to forget about things for a while.

By the way JoeInJpn I've sent you a reply to your E-Mail hope you recieve it ok.

hey everyone. still packing stuff at 2:35am pacific time.... lord. I apologize for the following essay ahead of time. I wish it were more entertaining.

Thanks for all the kind words. It was only at the last minute that I realized I was going on a trip where I may not be able to talk to anyone.... at least not further then my limited Japanese. Thank God for Skype and 'almost free' international long distance through the internet....

Anyhow... my relationship may not be over... but after this trip I'll know for sure. If familiarity breeds contempt... which could certainly be the case... I won’t know until I’ve spent some time apart from him. I really appreciate everyone’s support.... but of course... there’s always two sides to a story. I’m probably more neurotic about this fact then most... being a writer... and believe me it’s not a ‘basket of kisses’ being in a relationship with a writer. I’ve done and said some pretty awful things towards my partner out of my own frustrations and angst that, sadly, had nothing to do with him. And I regret them every day.

Here’s the trouble: he’s the first true love of my life... and I know that in my heart. I also know he’s a wonderful person, and (even more painfully) really does love me. What I’m trying to figure out at the moment (and this is so hard to explain) is what he needs. I do believe he loves me, but he may not be in love with me anymore... and may have not ever wanted to be in a serious relationship even if he swears he did. But I know from first-hand experience that there is generally more going on behind sarcasm-masked refusal of affection. There’s a fine line between couple fights and mental abuse. And when I start the latter, well, let’s just say I’ll usually ‘win’, and that’s not a good thing. The last thing I want to be (which I could be easily) is a person who is upset all the time. I have tremendous jealousy issues, and although I’ve worked at them very hard, it’s the fear of abandonment that gets me every time.

I’m so angry I took a year of psych.. because I swear to God the more you know about that stuff, the more it messes people up. Human beings aren’t really the best things to analyze. We can slap names on things... disorders... addictions... whatever our problems are.... but in the end we’re still human, and cursed with ridiculous impulses and reckless tendencies. Whatever our weaknesses our, the only thing that can be done is to face them... and recognize them.... before it lets the problem decide who we are for us.

In this case.... because I loved him, I somewhat forced him to face a lot of his. Unfortunately, making him face those things were much harder on both of us then I would've thought. To my discredit, I handled a lot of things badly, and because I did, he naturally shot me back with an ocean of hurtful stuff that he knew would rip me to the core. But he went too far... and I know people don't say those types of things when they're thinking clearly.

So... after trying to step back from it... I brought him to the path that will help him, in the hopes that the person he's become recently is only due to the demons I’ve caused to be mirrored back to him. I hope that he realizes I did it out of love, and I hope he really didn’t mean the things he said. On the other hand, I just don’t have the strength or desire to be mentally abused by someone I still love.

The only thing I know is until he gets some help it's not going to get better, and (in all fairness) I can't take anything he says as truth until he is better. I would hope that he would’ve done the same for me.

Honestly, life is too short. I just want to be happy, and I want him to be happy. My heart breaks in leaving. It's absoutely shattered. But when I get over my own feelings, I know that in truth... I’m not strong enough to take his recovery. I just don’t have it in me... I wish I did.

I just don’t want to do anything more I’d regret...

I hope this time apart will actually save us. I hope and pray it will, but if I return to apathy... well... I’ll know that it’s truly over.

Want the best part of this Soap Opera? September 3rd was our anniversary.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Kayoss, which hotel are you staying at?
    The Heartbreak Hotel, poor thing...

Kayoss.. typhoon in Tokyo on Thursday the 6th. FYI..

• Banned User

Kayoss... I showed up at the Aquasphere at 6:45pm walked around looking for you, and finally gave it up after 5-10 mins. Too bad you didn't have the pleasure. I would have waited longer but my time was very limited and I had an agenda of things to do...therefore I left. Maybe we'll meet sometime soon. Somewhere...