Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Crush/Ratatouille Coaster

I've just been reading through Alain's latest update on Miceage and I find it interesting he drops this paticular bombshell when talking about the Crush Coaster at WDS....

Alain Littaye:The ride is extremely popular, which is good and bad. It's good attendance is up, which means more money for the park, and any possible new additions. It's bad in that it seems this coaster will be duplicated in Orlando and Anaheim, and maybe even in Japan, with a 'Ratatouille' overlay.
    http://www.miceage.com/guest/gu090607a.htm

How could Disney or OLC even consider duplicating this popular coaster when it wouldn't fit in with any of the already existing lands.Unless it goes for another theme not using either Crush or Ratatouille.

What do you think could this coaster work or do you feel its just wild speculation on Alain's part.

Blog Entries

Re: Crush/Ratatouille Coaster

Its been reported widely that it will go into Pixar place as a Ratatouille ride at MGM, and also into the new Pixar area at DCA. This is the first I've heard of it possibly going into Tokyo so I'm assuming its just speculation on his part.

• One big touch screen.....

Well it's going into Paradise Pier at DCA which is next to the sea........aaand TDS is about the sea...sooo it's the perfect fit.

Riiight?

Riiiiight?

I think we can trust the OLC to say no. Even if the DCA braintrust can't.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

That ride has a really low hourly throughput - a big factor in it's huge line.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Minion

If I remember correctly the initial reviews weren't that great...with complaints that the ride moved too fast to appreciate the details and that it induced nausea. All that plus low capacity...so why the big fuss for what is at best a D ticket?

• Banned User

Mix reactions so far and I kind of have to agree with them.I'm sure once new versions of the coasters are created for the parks the capacity issues will be re adressed.But Tokyo in my opinion shouldn't even be considered here as the current themes belong no where in either parks.Plus I'd rather see them continue to enhance current attractions and areas of the parks while building unique E Tickets like Pooh,Tower of Terror and the Monsters Inc attraction which from reading the latest LP Magazine sounds great.

• Sea Creature

Hard to see where either fits in.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

No word if the Ratatouille based attraction will swirl you around in your seats like Crush's Coaster. No reason that they couldn't do two tracks and double capacity.

And how is saying "if all the other parks in the world are getting one, Tokyo's gonna want one too" considered "wild speculation on Alain's part."

DUH - Tokyo DL is the only park to build a full Critter Country next to their Splash Mountain (like the original in DL USA,) a full Mickey's ToonTown (like the original in DL USA,) and they have the best track record on new investments like Winnie the Pooh.

They like to have the BEST and BIGGEST of everything. I'm pretty sure they'll take notice of Crush's Coasters going in everywhere ELSE. But that's just wild speculation on my part I guess.

• Sock Puppet

It should go in Tokyo Disneyland, not DisneySea, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    Even if the DCA braintrust can't.
    There's already a spinning coaster at Knott's Berry Farm. The mechanics look exactly the same as Crush's Coaster.

• Banned User

The'll probably just dump it in Tomorrowland like they have every other pixar tie-in. It seems to me like OLC is losing interest in the disney parks.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The'll probably just dump it in Tomorrowland like they have every other pixar tie-in. It seems to me like OLC is losing interest in the disney parks.
    The OLC is dumping far less Pixar into their parks than their American counterparts.

I can't see how you can say they are losing interest when the Monsters Inc. attraction is on its way to be way more impressive than the DCA version, complete with a large Monsters Inc. factory building rather than a one dimensional facade.

• When Will It Return?

Saying a ride should be cloned merely because it has long lines is sheer idiocy.

Hey, I got an idea - let's clone a ride because it's a good ride!

Using logic like that, Gadget's Go Coaster should have been cloned all over the world. Same with the Rocket Rods. That always saw HUGE lines. It must have been the most awesome ride on earth!

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If Rocket Rods had been cloned for Tokyo Disneyland, both versions of the ride would be operating without the bugs / technical glitches that plagued the DL version. OLC and WDC would have spent the money they needed to make it work.

Because DL shouldered all the burden of imagineering the ride, and Pressler was cutting corners, they invested millions into something that they couldn't afford to finish.

You've just made a good argument for cloning attractions and sharing development costs among more than one park.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Just because OLC is starting to explore other opotunities besides the Disney parks does not mean they have lost interest.OLC have really got involved in the direction that this new Monsters Inc attraction is going to be.And from all accounts its going to be one incredible dark ride once its opened.

• Banned User

I have no opinion on this subject. At least not until we know for sure that the Ratty Coaster is coming for real.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast