Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Digging to Earth's center

Tokyo DisneySea Expansion?

By Lost River Delta, it looks like there's plenty of room to expand Tokyo DisneySea. So far... we have theming of:

- The Mediterranean
    - Old Cape Cod/New York/Boston
    - Futuristic Marina
    - Mysterious Island (from Jules Verne's book)
    - Mermaids
    - Arabian Desert & Ocean
    - Amazonian port

Ok, so by the end of the day, it feels like you've visited Italy, New York, the future, the past, mythological creatures (mermaids), Arabia, and the Amazon. It would make sense to keep the Seven Seas theme (as mentioned by several people), but if they could expand, imagine if they could build other parts of the world. I'm not saying TDS isn't good enough, but it has less attractions than DCA does, not that it's a bad thing, because walking around the park is an attraction in itself. But if they COULD build more... wouldn't it be cool to see ports like this?:

- Polar Ice Cap/the Arctic Ocean
    - Egyptian theme (sort of related to the Mediterranean, since the Nile River dumps into the Mediterranean Sea)
    - Babylonian theme
    - Lost Continent of Atlantis (I've ALWAYS wondered why there wasn't a lost continent theme, besides Mysterious Island. It'd fit into DisneySea, and they could even make a water flume/roller coaster based ride here, as well as TDS-style theming! Imagine how beautiful that could be!!)

That would mean TDS would have 11 ports... but I like the 7 ports, never been to Tokyo, but it looks awesome from the pictures I've seen. Like the ideas?
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• lol what

Re: Tokyo DisneySea Expansion?

A water flume ride seems less likely, with Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland. I'd more expect a Submarine Ride themed after the said film of Atlantis.

But they already have a submarine ride!

• lol what

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    But they already have a submarine ride!
    I don't recall there being one at Tokyo Disney.

• Minion

Personally, I would rather they expand Port Discovery instead of building a new port. And California Adventure does not have more attractions than Tokyo DisneySea. I've done a count before, and both have the exact same number of attractions. If you count very cheap and off the shelf playground areas for toddlers like the S.S. rustworthy and the Princess Dot Puddle Park, then California Adventure is ahead by one or two. But in terms of actual attractions (no scheduled shows or spectaculars), both have exactly 24 currently. Here is a full list of what I deem to be acceptable attractions at California Adventure. Even then, there are not that many quality attractions.

California Adventure

Hollywood Pictures Backlot
    - Tower of Terror
    - Monsters, Inc.
    - Disney Animation
    - Muppet*Vision

a bug's land
    - Flik's Flyers
    - Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    - Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    - Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies
    - it's tough to be a bug

Golden State
    - Soarin' Over California
    - Grizzly River Run
    - Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
    - Golden Dreams
    - Mission Tortilla Factory
    - The Bakery Tour

Paradise Pier
    - California Screamin'
    - Maliboomer
    - Sun Wheel
    - Mulholland Madness
    - Orange Stinger
    - Golden Zephyr
    - King Triton's Carousel
    - Jumpin' Jellyfish
    - Toy Story Mania

*Keep in mind that many of the attractions in Paradise Pier are slated to be removed
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 09-15-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Added list
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeSparks View Post
    I don't recall there being one at Tokyo Disney.
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    Sure, but that's a submarine simulator... Either way, such similar concepts probably aren't warranted for a single park.

I really like the Polar/Arctic Port idea though. It's something that Disney hasn't attempted, would complement the other areas, and if they could make it indoors (and chilly),it would be quite a thing to see. Though I'm not sure how people in shorts would feel about it...

I also agree about expanding Porto Discovery first. That land needs some help.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Sure, but that's a submarine simulator... Either way, such similar concepts probably aren't warranted for a single park.

I really like the Polar/Arctic Port idea though. It's something that Disney hasn't attempted, would complement the other areas, and if they could make it indoors (and chilly),it would be quite a thing to see. Though I'm not sure how people in shorts would feel about it...

I also agree about expanding Porto Discovery first. That land needs some help.
    To be fair, the Submarine Voyage at Disneyland is not a simulator too. You never go underwater as the top of the sub is always above water level. Plus, you can easily look up the window and see that you have not descended at all. The version at Tokyo DisneySea works much better in my opinion.

I think Port Discovery is one of the next areas to expand on their agenda. Obviously, American Waterfront needed an E-ticket attraction first. Don't know if Lost River Delta did, but Raging Spirits was a good addition nevertheless. Port Discovery is the weakest area of the park for me, though I enjoy the 3 attractions there. I would like a massive expansion of this port, along with a Discovery Mountain type attraction. There's more than enough space in the huge plot of land behind Port Discovery.

• Minion

^^ Aside from that one plot of land next to Indiana Jones, as far as I can tell from satellite images, there really doesn't seem to be any land left for expansion. That plot is big enough to hold one E-ticket. Does anyone know if there is anywhere else in the park where they still have room for more rides? TDS is a great park, but the total ride count still isn't that great...they will have to expand on the current number to be successful long term.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    ^^ Aside from that one plot of land next to Indiana Jones, as far as I can tell from satellite images, there really doesn't seem to be any land left for expansion. That plot is big enough to hold one E-ticket. Does anyone know if there is anywhere else in the park where they still have room for more rides? TDS is a great park, but the total ride count still isn't that great...they will have to expand on the current number to be successful long term.
    That plot of land is more than enough for a very large scale E-ticket. Definitely big enough for 2 E-tickets. Then there is that large parking lot space behind American Waterfront. That space is also large enough for two E-tickets. And there's also the backstage areas beside Mediterranean Harbor, which is where the Soarin' type attraction was supposed to go. I can see them adding at least 4-5 more E-ticket attractions to the park before they are forced to expand by other means.

• When Will It Return?

Question is would you really want the park expanded beyond Lost River Delta? By the time you walk there from American Waterfront, it already feels like quite a hike. Especially when you either have to walk through Mysterious Island or Cape Cod & Port Discovery.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Question is would you really want the park expanded beyond Lost River Delta? By the time you walk there from American Waterfront, it already feels like quite a hike. Especially when you either have to walk through Mysterious Island or Cape Cod & Port Discovery.

-- PMM
    I don't think there is space behind Lost River Delta for expansion. If I remember correctly, that space is reserved for the parking lots belonging to the Official Hotels. I suppose it is possible to expand out to Tokyo Bay, but they would have to destroy that access road first and reroute the monorail track.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post

-- PMM
    Well... some of us and in good physical shape...and would not mind the walk.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    Like who for example?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    /\
    Like who for example?
    Me. I am in top shape.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast