• I Hug My Tapirs

TDLR parade/show lyrics?

Hi all! I have a question here for anyone. I'm teaching myself Japanese, and I find that if I can associate vocabulary with a song, it really helps me to remember it. So it's another excuse to listen to TDLR music! But it's much easier for me to read it and understand it than hear it, so I've been looking for the lyrics to some of their stuff. Unfortunately, I can't find any sites out there with TDLR lyrics! I'm looking for the lyrics to virtually any of their shows and parades, in Japanese (or English, obviously, for the parts sung in English). Romaji, katakana, and hiragana are all fine - I just can't read kanji yet.

Thanks in advance!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Re: TDLR parade/show lyrics?

Hi there,

There are a few Japanese sites out there that focus on Disney/TDR music but there isn't must in terms of lyrics. Even in Japan, lyrics are under copyright protection so websites are limited. However, I follow the "TDRショー・パレード歌詞" (TDR Show/Parade Lyrics) thread on 2ch from time to time.

I see you're in Issaquah. If you can make it out to Seattle and visit the Kinokuniya Bookstore in International District, you may be able to find some music magazines that feature lyrics. Every now and then some have Disney tunes. Also, you may be able to subscribe to the monthly Disney Fan magazine. It features the song book and lyrics to a different Disney song each issue.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

FYI... You need to look for "TDR Lyrics". NOT "TDLR"... There is no such name as Tokyo Disneyland Resort. The resort's name is "TOKYO DISNEY RESORT".

BTW... I bought the new park Halloween event and Nightmare haunted Mansion cd's today the the Shibuya Disney store.

• Banned User

I do know that the show stop lyrics for the Halloween Parade (based on Haunted Mansion) are the Japanese lyrics to "Grim Grinning Ghosts".

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Hi there,

There are a few Japanese sites out there that focus on Disney/TDR music but there isn't must in terms of lyrics. Even in Japan, lyrics are under copyright protection so websites are limited. However, I follow the "TDRショー・パレード歌詞" (TDR Show/Parade Lyrics) thread on 2ch from time to time.

I see you're in Issaquah. If you can make it out to Seattle and visit the Kinokuniya Bookstore in International District, you may be able to find some music magazines that feature lyrics. Every now and then some have Disney tunes. Also, you may be able to subscribe to the monthly Disney Fan magazine. It features the song book and lyrics to a different Disney song each issue.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    Really? I didn't know that. I see lots of J-pop or J-rock lyrics sites, so it seems weird that lyrics are hard to come by.

Thank you very much for the heads-up on 2ch! That's perfect! I found it and bookmarked it! I'm very glad it's in kana/kanji... give me a chance to practice reading (I'm just starting to try to pick up the kanji now).

I don't go into Seattle all that much 'cause I hate driving in downtown traffic (seriously, from a commuter's standpoint, it's hard to create a worse setup than Seattle's freeway system!) but I did a quick MapQuest, and it's actually in a pretty easy-to-get-to spot right by the stadiums. I'll definitely have to check it out next time I'm down in the area! Thanks!

I've heard of Disney Fan magazine, but I've never seen any sort of subscription page, or any indication if they can do subscriptions for people outside of Japan. I think I've seen single issues on Amazon.co.jp, though...

Thank you very much! Your post was very helpful!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."