Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• WDW Regular

Help with FastPass plan?

How do the FP in Tokyo work? Do you have to let one expire before getting another one?

With kids 6 and 8, sounds like the most important FP are Pooh and Buzz. Would you agree? Can I get both these FP at almost the same time? Planning help?

Thanks, Jennifer

• Banned User

Re: Help with FastPass plan?

Fastpasses are issued in the same way most other parks do. Once you obtain a FP, you will be blocked from getting another one for 2 hours, except when the return time is less than two hours after you got your Faspass. Example #1: it's 10am and you get a Fastpass for Space Mt from 11:15am-12:15pm... You will be able to get another FP at 11:15am or later. Example #2: it's 10am and you get a FP for Hunny Hunt, with returning time of 4:30pm-5:30pm... in that case, you will have to wait until 12 noon to get another Fastpass since the 2 hour block-out will apply. The time you are elegible to recieve another Fastpass is printed on the FP ticket itself, so you know ahead of time how long you will have to wait.

Also, YES... the FPs to Hunny Hunt and Astroblasters are the ones that go the fastest. For Pooh's Hunny Hunt, it's not unusual to wait up to 45 mins TO GET a FP. Most people run, stampede style to get these FPs asap because they know they will run out by 12 noon. My best advise is to get to TDL no later than one hour before opening time, and as soon as you enter the park, head to Hunny Hunt's FP distribution spot without delay. Then get an Astroblater FP as soon as you are elegible to recieve another one.

I was at the park today Sept 26th and all FPs for ALL FP ATTRACTIONS had been distributed by 4pm. Pooh's FPs were gone by 11:30am and Astroblasters ran out at about 1:45pm. Big Thunder Mt. was the last attraction offering FP today and they ran out at around 3:35pm.

The trick to have a successful visit to TDL and TDS is to arrive early before park's opening times.

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    For Pooh's Hunny Hunt, it's not unusual to wait up to 45 mins TO GET a FP. Most people run, stampede style to get these FPs asap because they know they will run out by 12 noon. My best advise is to get to TDL no later than one hour before opening time, and as soon as you enter the park, head to Hunny Hunt's FP distribution spot without delay.
    You can also get right into the Hunny Hunt standby line when the park gates open, as the actual attraction line may be shorter than the wait to get a Fastpass (this was true when I went a couple years ago). You can always queue up for a FP afterwards if you want to ride it again later (and you will...), or head over to the Buzz Fastpass line.

• WDW Regular

I think I am beginning to hope it rains while we are there. Maybe the only way to ride some things?? Ack!!

We will try and get there early, although DH will balk at an hour before opening.

Interesting tidbit:
    Two years ago, we were at WDW Spring Break / Easter week. THE peak week. The park opened at 8AM. Early entry day for resort guests at 7AM. We got there about 6:50AM (without DH.) Fabulous! Almost no one else there for hours. We have a picture in front of the castle with no one else around!
    Too bad for me the Japanese don't sleep late like the Americans.

Jennifer

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferinbeijing View Post
    I think I am beginning to hope it rains while we are there. Maybe the only way to ride some things?? Ack!!

Too bad for me the Japanese don't sleep late like the Americans.

Jennifer
    Too bad for you the japanese do not avoid TDR on rainy days either. And trust me... most of what is unique and lavish about TDL (parades and shows unlike the ones you see in the US parks) do not play in the rain, so it would be best NOT to have a rainy day at the park.

• When Will It Return?

Fastpasses are issued in the same way most other parks do. Once you obtain a FP, you will be blocked from getting another one for 2 hours, except when the return time is less than two hours after you got your Faspass. Example #1: it's 10am and you get a Fastpass for Space Mt from 11:15am-12:15pm... You will be able to get another FP at 11:15am or later. Example #2: it's 10am and you get a FP for Hunny Hunt, with returning time of 4:30pm-5:30pm... in that case, you will have to wait until 12 noon to get another Fastpass since the 2 hour block-out will apply. The time you are elegible to recieve another Fastpass is printed on the FP ticket itself, so you know ahead of time how long you will have to wait.
    Or, more basically, FP at TDL works exactly the same as it does at Disneyland.

The next time you can obtain another FastPass is always printed at the very bottom of the ticket. So even if you have no idea what the Japanese is saying, if you see something like "14:35" printed at the bottom, that means you can get another FP at 2:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Also, YES... the FPs to Hunny Hunt and Astroblasters are the ones that go the fastest. For Pooh's Hunny Hunt, it's not unusual to wait up to 45 mins TO GET a FP. Most people run, stampede style to get these FPs asap because they know they will run out by 12 noon. My best advise is to get to TDL no later than one hour before opening time, and as soon as you enter the park, head to Hunny Hunt's FP distribution spot without delay. Then get an Astroblater FP as soon as you are elegible to recieve another one.
    Please...the 'stampede' only happens during the most crowded days possible. Same goes with the 45min waits to get a FP. That is a quite rare occurance. If you're going on a less-crowded day (weekday, not around any holidays) then you have nothing to worry about. When I was there in May, Tower FP's lasted until mid-afternoon, Buzz FP's lasted until 4-5pm and become wholly unnecessary after about 8pm because the queue shortened up to 15-20mins or less. Same went with Thunder Mtn.

If you look at my pictures, I have pictures from both parks with the Big Board showing wait times for just about everything at 15mins.

Jennifer, the best advice I can give you is try to visit on weekdays as much as possible, get the FPs you'll want most first, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The trick to have a successful visit to TDL and TDS is to arrive early before park's opening times.
    Actually, that'll only put you in a crowd you don't necessarily need to be in. You won't lose anything by arriving, say, an hour after opening, instead of getting there before opening. But that's not anything new right? Anyone with any park experience at all understands that the earlier you arrive, the more time and more choices as to how to plan your day you'll have.

BUT I will give a warning for the parades and shows. There are no FP's for them, and people will queue up 1-2 hours early for the in-theatre shows and start claiming parade spots 90mins early or earlier. This happens even if the crowds are more or less light. This can create a great opportunity to see a show while waiting for a FP window to open, as arriving early for a show and the show itself takes up just about the entire 2 hour window before you can get another FP. Something to keep in mind.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post

Please...the 'stampede' only happens during the most crowded days possible. Same goes with the 45min waits to get a FP. That is a quite rare occurance.
    Not rare at all. I just spent 4 days at the park this week and Fps for Pooh were gone by 12 noon everyday. And yes, people stampede daily. I spend quite a lot of time there to know what I am talking about. Of coursew, if you choose to arrive one hour later than park opening, as you probably do, then by all means you will miss the madhouse... not to mention getting a FP for Pooh and Astroblasters to ride before 3pm.

• Minion

Not rare at all. I just spent 4 days at the park this week and Fps for Pooh were gone by 12 noon everyday. And yes, people stampede daily. I spend quite a lot of time there to know what I am talking about. Of coursew, if you choose to arrive one hour later than park opening, as you probably do, then by all means you will miss the madhouse... not to mention getting a FP for Pooh and Astroblasters to ride before 3pm.
    During my last visit, Pooh's Hunny Hunt ran out of Fastpasses by 11 a.m. I arrived at 8:20 and had to wait 20 minutes to get a Fastpass (the line to get a Fastpass stretched all the way to Tomorrowland).
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• When Will It Return?

Of coursew, if you choose to arrive one hour later than park opening, as you probably do, then by all means you will miss the madhouse... not to mention getting a FP for Pooh and Astroblasters to ride before 3pm.
    *shrug* No big loss, something to look forward to later in the day...

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    During my last visit, Pooh's Hunny Hunt ran out of Fastpasses by 11 a.m. I arrived at 8:20 and had to wait 20 minutes to get a Fastpass (the line to get a Fastpass stretched all the way to Tomorrowland).
    If you include the StarJets as part of Tomorrowland, that's not exactly a huge distance...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

I love the stampede at TDR. Nothing like booking it to the ToT first thing in the morning with everyone else. On both our trips it was not unusual for the ToT fast pass line to reach Port Discovery first thing in the morning. At TDL we didn't even bother running to get into the Pooh FP line. Instead we ran right to the attraction an usually got a 15-20 minute wait. Then hit most of the rides in Fantasyland after getting off Pooh.

Like TDLFAN said get to the park early. Last April we got to the park over an hour early and were still fairly far back in line. That day (a week day with no holiday) so may people showed up early the park opened more than half an hour early because people were backing up onto the walk-way from the train station.

You really need to experience a disney park that permits running. It is truly awesome and total chaos so get there early and enjoy your stay! Another tip is that if you can last all day (especially at TDS) the lines get fairly short at BraviSEAmo! (DO NOT MISS!). One night we did 20,000 leagues, JttCotE (twice) and Indy (twice) in an hour when they have 60-120 minute waits most of the day.

• WDW Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    You really need to experience a disney park that permits running. It is truly awesome and total chaos so get there early and enjoy your stay! Another tip is that if you can last all day (especially at TDS) the lines get fairly short at BraviSEAmo! (DO NOT MISS!). One night we did 20,000 leagues, JttCotE (twice) and Indy (twice) in an hour when they have 60-120 minute waits most of the day.
    YIKES! Running?? We're leaving China this week to get away from crowds and mobs. My poor, blond kids get really stressed by it. Perhaps we are going to the wrong place.....

I think we'll arrive a few minutes after opening and make do with that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, maybe we will try to come back in the evening too. Are both parks better after dark or just TDS?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kustomboy View Post
    You really need to experience a disney park that permits running.
    Running is NOT permited. But sometimes, it's best for the CM's safety to stay clear of the runners, but still..many CMs do try to yell "Slow down! No running please" in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferinbeijing
    YIKES! Running?? We're leaving China this week to get away from crowds and mobs. My poor, blond kids get really stressed by it. Perhaps we are going to the wrong place.....
    Trust me, you are not. Besides, you do NOT have to run with the majority of the crowd once you pass the turnstyle. That is strictly voluntary, depending on your agenda... and the japanese guests DO have one when they get there, and they are quite knowledgeable about the park and they know what they want to do first thing in the morning. Don't let that discourage you.
    This is just a japanese guest behavior unique to TDR... it is quite worth it to get there and enter the park asap so you do not loose valuable time in enjoying what these two parks have to offer, which is a lot!

I think we'll arrive a few minutes after opening and make do with that. Thanks for the heads-up.
    A "few minutes" after" won't work. Even if you arrive at the park 20 mins after opening... chances are you may (or may not depending on the day) encounter a 20 minute line outside the park to enter... You will have to arrive about 45 mins after park opening to avoid the crowds lining up at opening time.

Also, maybe we will try to come back in the evening too. Are both parks better after dark or just TDS?
    Both parks are great at night. TDL has a nice atmosphere and the spectacular Dreamlights parade which is NOT to be missed by any westerner visiting the park. Over at TDS, the mood is more romantic and relaxed, with BraviSEAmo! on the lagoon and a nice dinner at any of TDS' fav restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Many times I have seen the line to get a Hunny Hunt FP stretch to the bridge in between the Hub and Tomorrowland Terrace, and on extremely some busy days, the line ends in front of the castle. Here is a photo I took of the line TO GET A FP for Hunny Hunt last wednesday the 26th....where the line was almost reaching the bridge to the Hub.

..AND NOTE, the queue has a switch-back to fill in the space or else, it would reach Westernland!
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 09-29-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added Photo to post

At least the fastpass line are SUPER well organised at TDR not like the bunfights at DLP.

A castmember with a lollypop shows you where the end of the line is and everyone happily waits.

SW

• WDW Regular

Thanks for the help. Leaving in the morning!!
    Jennifer

I remember at one of the Disneylands (LA?) that although FP states riding time of say 2-3pm, you can actually ride anytime after 2 pm till park close. Is that the same at TDR?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast