Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: TDH: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Pricing Released

Not only did I visit but was given a personal guilded tour by one of the most knowledgeable people your ever going to meet regarding the TDR.

Actually the outdoor pool was opened when I visited but was deserted, as most guest seem more interested in using the inside pool. In my personal opinion that outside pool is one of the hidden gems of the MiraCosta with its character fountains.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Not only did I visit but was given a personal guilded tour by one of the most knowledgeable people your ever going to meet regarding the TDR.

Actually the outdoor pool was opened when I visited but was deserted, as most guest seem more interested in using the inside pool. In my personal opinion that outside pool is one of the hidden gems of the MiraCosta with its character fountains.
    Joe? Did this tour give you insight to why I love the MiraCosta so much? Truly the best Disney hotel in my opinion. And I"m surprised the outdoor pool was open. I guess it must have been in its last week of operation before closing due to climate.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Well I throught it was a nice hotel but well over hyped and certainly not worth the price of staying here. But it was still interesting to experience what all the fuss was about.

• Banned User

Well I throught it was a nice hotel but well over hyped and certainly not worth the price of staying here.
    Pretty much like the frumpy Keio Plaza.

• Minion

Well I throught it was a nice hotel but well over hyped and certainly not worth the price of staying here. But it was still interesting to experience what all the fuss was about.
    But you do have to admit that the MiraCosta is simply gorgeous and amazingly detailed. Whether or not it's worth the price is debatable.

• Banned User

But atleast the rates for the Keio are a bit more in line with my budgets. If you can get me the same rates as the Keio for a stay at the MiraCosta I would certainly stay here. But not under the current rates. I don't ever spend enough time at the hotels to warrent paying too much for a room.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    But you do have to admit that the MiraCosta is simply gorgeous and amazingly detailed. Whether or not it's worth the price is debatable.
    Its an amazing hotel for sure and has to be one if not the best hotel ever designed by the Imagineers. We must of spent a good 2 - 3 hours here and it was well worth the time.

• Minion

But atleast the rates for the Keio are a bit more in line with my budgets. If you can get me the same rates as the Keio for a stay at the MiraCosta I would certainly stay here. But not under the current rates. I don't ever spend enough time at the hotels to warrent paying too much for a room.
    How much was the nightly rate at your hotel, Malin? The MiraCosta and Tokyo Disneyland Hotel go down to as cheap as $355/night for several days in September, and the Ambassador Hotel goes down to as low as $295/night for the majority of September. Still expensive, but considerably better then what you have to pay during peak days.

Its an amazing hotel for sure and has to be one if not the best hotel ever designed by the Imagineers. We must of spent a good 2 - 3 hours here and it was well worth the time.
    That's good to hear, and I completely agree. The MiraCosta itself is a masterpiece of Imagineering and an extraordinary work of art. So what did you look at in the hotel itself besides the Terme Venezia Spa? See any of the guest rooms or suites?

• Banned User

Rates at the Keio are about $150 a night , which for a 4 - 5 star hotel isn't bad in my opinion. And are almost half the rate that the MiraCosta charges on a good night.

Sadly we never got to view any rooms but Joe did use his charm to get acess to the pool area. We also were able to check out the wedding area and of course the lobby and gift shops. More or less we were able to view everything except view the rooms. But I've seen enough pics and videos of the rooms to know what they like.

• Minion

Rates at the Keio are about $150 a night , which for a 4 - 5 star hotel isn't bad in my opinion. And are almost half the rate that the MiraCosta charges on a good night.

Sadly we never got to view any rooms but Joe did use his charm to get acess to the pool area. We also were able to check out the wedding area and of course the lobby and gift shops. More or less we were able to view everything except view the rooms. But I've seen enough pics and videos of the rooms to know what they like.
    Yes, I believe I posted more than my fair share of MiraCosta pictures in my last trip report. Did you at least get to check out the 3 restaurants and Salone dell'Amico? Oh, and did Joe tell you about the Hidden Mickey in each of the 8 ceiling murals in the lobby?

• Banned User

Keio is cheap when you go in a pre-paid package tour. Try booking a room on your own and compare. Personally, even at $150 or so nightly at the Keio, you are overpaying for such an unattractive part of town. I rather pay more and stay at the Nikko in Odaiba. But like Malin, I do not spend time at the hotels so, I go as cheap as possible (and as conveniently located to TDR, Metros, JR Lines, areas of interests) by staying in the Hotel Universe (a business hotel, low frills and clean.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Yes, I believe I posted more than my fair share of MiraCosta pictures in my last trip report. Did you at least get to check out the 3 restaurants and Salone dell'Amico? Oh, and did Joe tell you about the Hidden Mickey in each of the 8 ceiling murals in the lobby?
    We passed by the resturants but never checked out the Salone dell'Amico, but did check out the ceiling murals and Joe did point out the hidden Mickey's on all of them except the one that doesn't actually have a hidden Mickey. Through we did have to go up a few floors in the lift so he could point them out to me more clearly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Keio is cheap when you go in a pre-paid package tour. Try booking a room on your own and compare. Personally, even at $150 or so nightly at the Keio, you are overpaying for such an unattractive part of town. I rather pay more and stay at the Nikko in Odaiba. But like Malin, I do not spend time at the hotels so, I go as cheap as possible (and as conveniently located to TDR, Metros, JR Lines, areas of interests) by staying in the Hotel Universe (a business hotel, low frills and clean.)
    The $150 a night was what Expedia were offering this hotel as on a nightly rate. Personally I loved viewing the skyscapers all lit up at night, plus the fact it was so convinient to the near by trains, shops and resturants. Plus the Keio back when it was built was the tallest building in all of Tokyo so it has history around it. Personally I had a very enjoyable experience here and would recomend it to anyone looking to go and stay in Shinjuku.

• Minion

We passed by the resturants but never checked out the Salone dell'Amico, but did check out the ceiling murals and Joe did point out the hidden Mickey's on all of them except the one that doesn't actually have a hidden Mickey. Through we did have to go up a few floors in the lift so he could point them out to me more clearly.
    Really? I did not know that one of the murals did not have a Hidden Mickey. Have to check out my photos again.

Well I throught it was a nice hotel but well over hyped and certainly not worth the price of staying here.

Well, to chime in with my opinion. I did have to pay off my stay at the MiraCosta for months after my trip a couple of years ago, but I don't regret it one bit. I do agree it is the best Disney hotel in the world.

As for the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I wish more of it had been completed while I was there earlier this year to see where the Character rooms were situated. It says the Hotel entrance, so is that the part that sort of faces twoards Bon Voyage? Anyway, the Peter Pan room really sound appealing to me.

I kind of want to stay at both TDL Hotel and TDS Hotel MiraCosta on my next trip. I don't know how to split it though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast