Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: TDH: Tokyo Disneyland Hotel Pricing Released

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

Well, to chime in with my opinion. I did have to pay off my stay at the MiraCosta for months after my trip a couple of years ago, but I don't regret it one bit. I do agree it is the best Disney hotel in the world.

As for the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I wish more of it had been completed while I was there earlier this year to see where the Character rooms were situated. It says the Hotel entrance, so is that the part that sort of faces twoards Bon Voyage? Anyway, the Peter Pan room really sound appealing to me.

I kind of want to stay at both TDL Hotel and TDS Hotel MiraCosta on my next trip. I don't know how to split it though.
    The Character Rooms are all facing the JR train tracks. Not a good view, but the room design makes up for it. The ones that appeal to me the most are Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. I will be spending 2 nights at the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel next July, followed by 3 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Eh, My view at the Ambassador was far from great. I still wonder if you'll be able to see Bon Voyage and the Resort Line from these rooms.

Won't any of the room face the bay?

• Minion

Eh, My view at the Ambassador was far from great. I still wonder if you'll be able to see Bon Voyage and the Resort Line from these rooms.

Won't any of the room face the bay?
    I think the views from the Ambassador will still be better than the views from the frontside of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Bon Voyage might be visible from the East Wing of the hotel, but not where the Character Rooms are located. Same with the Disney Resort Line. And I don't think the rooms will offer nearly a good a view of Tokyo Bay as the Official Hotels or the MiraCosta.

But the entrance of the hotel is on it's side, not the front is it not? I thought the entrance was a little up the street from where the TOKYO DISNEY RESORT fountain/sign is.

• Minion

But the entrance of the hotel is on it's side, not the front is it not? I thought the entrance was a little up the street from where the TOKYO DISNEY RESORT fountain/sign is.
    The main entrance of the hotel is facing the JR train tracks, just like the Character Rooms.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Well, to chime in with my opinion. I did have to pay off my stay at the MiraCosta for months after my trip a couple of years ago, but I don't regret it one bit. I do agree it is the best Disney hotel in the world.

Well I just got back and have nothing to pay off and I'm already looking into my next trip away. Which I hope to annouce in the next week or so depending on where I decide to go, be it Tokyo again or Hong Kong. May have to toss a coin on this one folks.

Personally I'm not one of these people who are willing to pay top buck for a hotel room that will hardly be used. But if you can aford it and feel its worth the price fair play to you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Well I just got back and have nothing to pay off and I'm already looking into my next trip away. Which I hope to annouce in the next week or so depending on where I decide to go, be it Tokyo again or Hong Kong. May have to toss a coin on this one folks.
    I hope you are visiting Hong Kong for the city and not the Disney park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    What's wrong with making travel plans to a particular place because you want to visit a Disney resort?

I agree, while in Paris, Tokyo or Hong Kong you should see the other local sites.

But nobody seems to suggest that visiting Disneyland in California without visiting Hollywood/Los Angeles is bad, nor have I heard anyone say you must see the local culture while in Orlando.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    /\
    What's wrong with making travel plans to a particular place because you want to visit a Disney resort?

I agree, while in Paris, Tokyo or Hong Kong you should see the other local sites.

But nobody seems to suggest that visiting Disneyland in California without visiting Hollywood/Los Angeles is bad, nor have I heard anyone say you must see the local culture while in Orlando.
    My point was that since Hong Kong Disneyland is so small, it would be a shame to fly all the way there and not experience the city. In Hong Kong's case, the city is probably a bigger draw than the Disney park.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There is a certain thrill in visiting a BRAND NEW Disney park while it's fresh. I enjoyed visiting DL Paris the year it opened. I was born after DL and WDW had opened, and my parents didn't see the necessity of taking me to the grand opening of Tokyo Disneyland but then again I didn't know it existed in the 1980s. So everybody should do it at least once.

• Minion

There is a certain thrill in visiting a BRAND NEW Disney park while it's fresh. I enjoyed visiting DL Paris the year it opened. I was born after DL and WDW had opened, and my parents didn't see the necessity of taking me to the grand opening of Tokyo Disneyland but then again I didn't know it existed in the 1980s. So everybody should do it at least once.
    I see your point. It is nice to visit a new Disney park while it is still nice and polished (though Tokyo Disneyland and & DisneySea have no problems looking sparkling clean, as if they just opened). I was there when Animal Kingdom first opened, and it was indeed a very exciting experience. Same for California Adventure, though on a much lesser scale.

• Banned User

I was born after DL and WDW had opened, and my parents didn't see the necessity of taking me to the grand opening of Tokyo Disneyland but then again I didn't know it existed in the 1980s. So everybody should do it at least once.
    If I had parents like that, would have "TO GO!".

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I hope you are visiting Hong Kong for the city and not the Disney park.
    It would be kind of stupid to visit Hong Kong just for Disneyland, especially with so many other great sights and attractions to see. Obviously a day or two devoted to the new park would be in order but there is so much more I'd want to see, including the Las Vegas of Asia Macua.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Well I just got back and have nothing to pay off and I'm already looking into my next trip away.
    Oh, believe me paying it off was a small price to pay to have that amazing experience. And paying bills didn't stop me from going on another trip to Tokyo and Hong Kong months later.

But if you can aford it and feel its worth the price fair play to you.
    Definatley. Staying at a Disney hotel, especially in TDR, really enchances the experience.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 10-02-2007 at 05:06 PM.

• Minion

Definatley. Staying at a Disney hotel, especially in TDR, really enchances the experience.
    I agree. I can't put my finger on it, but the Disney hotels at the Tokyo Disney Resort seem much more magical and immersive, especially the Hotel MiraCosta.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast