Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's Magical 10th Anniversary Spectacular????

Hi Mice Chatters,
    I was just wondering if anyone has a video of the "10th Anniversary Spectacular" from Tokyo Disneyland it was performed in front of the castle for the 10th anniversary of the park. The show featured Mickey Miinnie, Butterfly's and Maleficent i would really love to see a full-length video of it. Anyone has it please post it on youtube!!!

Re: It's Magical 10th Anniversary Spectacular????

I have it on VHS.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

of course you would Joe! You have everything from Tokyo! I would soooooooooooooo love to see this show. Ive heard the soundtrack millions of times but im so curious to see what it was actually like! Would there be a way of putting it on you tube?

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    of course you would Joe! You have everything from Tokyo! I would soooooooooooooo love to see this show. Ive heard the soundtrack millions of times but im so curious to see what it was actually like! Would there be a way of putting it on you tube?
    He'd have to do an Analoge-to-Digital transfer, which isn't hard these days. If he has time to do that is another matter.

Which reminds me, I almost forgot about something, Joe. Check your PMs in a little bit.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Shubisha

I posted a video on VF here.

It's from the (now de-funct) Chip&Dale's House website. I redubbed the audio from the cd(the original audio was a somewhat poppy induction recording they did so I'm not taking away anything from live audio or anything).

On that side note.. bla to them moving around where mickey and minnie's dialogue lines were on the cd soundtrack vs. the real show. It made synching the cd to the video a challenge :P

• Banned User

I have it on video as well... "It's Magical" was one of my favorite castle shows at TDL ever. If you saw EPCOT's "Splashtacular" several years ago, then you saw a slightly revised version of TDL's "It's Magical". The main difference was the villain portion. At TDL, they had Malificent turning into a dragon and attacking Mickey, whereas the EPCOT show had a generic space alien monster. But it was basically the same show, with the same costumes, and revised song lyrics.

OMG!!! Thanks so much alandot! I love the show! It was so cool! Its kinda Fantasmic meets fantillusion but on stage but i can't thank you enough im watching it over and over again! BTW do you have any more Castle Stage Shows from Tokyo like the 15th Viva Magic show or the 20th Remember the Dreams Show? I would love to see those too if you could post them!

• Banned User

I just watched my personal video from that show and EPCOT's Splashtacular... I had forgotten how good that show really was... and in regards to EPCOT's version of it.. We will never EVER see shows of that magnitude at EPCOT ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    OMG!!! Thanks so much alandot! I love the show! It was so cool! Its kinda Fantasmic meets fantillusion but on stage but i can't thank you enough im watching it over and over again! BTW do you have any more Castle Stage Shows from Tokyo like the 15th Viva Magic show or the 20th Remember the Dreams Show? I would love to see those too if you could post them!
    Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=RQexEN9ieoE
    The "started by a mouse" segment is awesome....

There was another video as well that had the same show but with less cast and some musical segments cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I posted a video on VF here.

It's from the (now de-funct) Chip&Dale's House website. I redubbed the audio from the cd(the original audio was a somewhat poppy induction recording they did so I'm not taking away anything from live audio or anything).

On that side note.. bla to them moving around where mickey and minnie's dialogue lines were on the cd soundtrack vs. the real show. It made synching the cd to the video a challenge :P
    Thanks.

How the heck do they make the set go black and white. Very cool effect. On One Man's Dream 2 it seems that they do the same black and white lighting effect.

• The Darkness to Light

I watched the video last night, and by GOD! I thought the shows they are producing now are great, but the ones they were doing when I was 10 years old blow shows like Mythica and Cinderellabration out of the water! I mean, how were they able to hold that many performers on stage at the same time?!

It makes me sad knowing that TDL used to have these shows and what I thought was worlds better now (Wet & Wild Pirate Night, Chip & Dale's Cool Service, Scream & Shout) could have been ten times better than what they were/are now.

ZeekSlider, understand that this was an Anniversary show, not a seasonal program. Also, this show ran for almost a year starting in April 93. So they sure put out as much as possible for a castle show.

Somewhat related, OLC surely had plenty of money as they were making money hands over fist during the last part of the bubble economy. :-)

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• The Darkness to Light

I hope that implies that the 25th is going to blow Disneyland's 50th out of the water as far as entertainment goes. Too bad TDR can't compete when it comes to fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I hope that implies that the 25th is going to blow Disneyland's 50th out of the water as far as entertainment goes. Too bad TDR can't compete when it comes to fireworks.
    Unfortunately, Urayasu's fire code is a lot stricter than Anaheim's.

JoeInJpn
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQexEN9ieoE
    The "started by a mouse" segment is awesome....

There was another video as well that had the same show but with less cast and some musical segments cut out.
    NO that is not the same show. Your link is a video of "Viva Magic!"" castle show from TDL's 15th anniversary. We are talking about TDL's 10th anniversary show "It's Magical".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast