1st time visitor questions

Hi all - I have read over a lot of the posts in this forum and have not seen the answers to a couple of questions I have so please forgive me if they are indeed repetitive.

We are gong to be going to Japan in March and have decided to to a few days a TDR - specifically March 4, 5, & 6. How are the crowds during this first part of March generally?

Reading some of the posts about the stampedes the the FPs, the horribly long lines (both for FPs and standby) and the crowds has me a bit nervous and almost reconsidering the visit to TDR. From the sounds of the posts I read here this morning it seems like this could be quite miserable and extremely difficult to see more than a handful of attractions at best.

Does Hotel MiraCosta have high-speed internet access in the rooms or in any public places via wi-fi? Currently we have reservations at Hilton Tokyo Bay as we know they have high speed (this is a working vacaton so internet access is a must). We would prefer to stay at Hotel MiraCosta but will have to rule it out if there is no high-speed.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: 1st time visitor questions

There are many more qualified resident experts to answer your questions, but I *will* chime in on the crowds at the DL portion. It's not horribly bad. The ony thing I would recommend from my own personal experience is to grab a fastpass to Pooh first thing in the morning. I visited on a wet, cold, and dreary December day and the line was still ridiculously long. Somewhere in the 2-3 hour range? I was kicking myself for not getting FP. There's even a long line for FP but I think it's a better alternative. Other ride lines were reasonable and akin to what I experienced at the California Disneyland.

DisneySea was a breeze. Absolutely no lines during my own particular visit, but this was years ago also in December. The local experts can correct me, but I would assume ToT has changed that and grabbing a FP for that first thing would be a priority. But, honestly, there are so few rides at the park that you can still have a leisurely stroll and still soak in everything with time to spare.

And If you Google Japanese holdays it doesn't show anything happening in March. Only:
    March 3
    Doll's Festival (hina matsuri)

You'll be fine next early March for a number of reasons:

- School is still in session (test taking season) means less kids in the Parks.
    - March 4,5,6 is Tues through Thurs, the least crowded days of the week.
    - MiraCosta rates are at "regular level" and "rooms still available" mean smaller crowds.

As of this moment, the MiraCosta does not offer high-speed internet service nor WiFi connections. However, this could all change by next March. The company knows hotel guests have commented about the lack of net access at this type of hotel.

There is a coin-operated net terminal near the entrance to "Oceano" but I doubt it would serve your needs.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post

As of this moment, the MiraCosta does not offer high-speed internet service nor WiFi connections. However, this could all change by next March. The company knows hotel guests have commented about the lack of net access at this type of hotel.

Thats a bit of a shock, the greatest hotel ever desgned by Disney doesn't have internet access. What makes it worst is your paying three to four times over what you would pay for a room at some of the other hotels in Japan that do offer this service.

• Banned User

Yeah, MiraCosta is a great hotel, but it just speaks to Japan being sooo behind when it comes to internet access. I live in Korea and even the cheap motels here have internet access and a Disney 5 star hotel that doesn't is beyound shocking, especially ALL the money you are paying! But its the same hotel where guests have to pay just to use the pool on TOP of the hotel fee, so there you go lol.

And yeah, for the OP, March isn't a bad time to go, although not the best either. TDL will always be a lot harder to handle than TDS, but it should be fine considering your dates. As for as TDS, IF TOT is the main thing you want to do, then yeah, FP should be first priority. If you arrive there too late, they will probably be all out, so like Pooh, get there early and head straight there first! I was just recently there in August, showed up at the park at 9 am when it opened and by the time I got through the turnstyles and got to the area, the stand by line was already 60 minutes and the FP line was at 20 mins lol. But, I decided to just jump in the stand by line since I was there SO early (a first for me lol) and it seemed silly to wait in an already 20 min FP just to get one for a time 4 hours later and you STILL have to stand in line around 30 minutes anyway once you enter, so yeah, the 60 min wait was fine .

How about June in terms of crowds and events?

• Banned User

June is rainy season in Tokyo... it may be a very wet vacation, but the crowds will be less than most times. Maybe because it rains often?