Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Tokyo Disneyland & Disney Sea Christmas CD's 2007

The Cover art for 3 NEWTokyo Disneyland Christmas CD's for this year has been released! They are expected to hit shelves in November possibly November 7th at Tokyo Disney Resort. They are TOKYO DISNEYLAND ELECTRICAL PARADE DREAMLIGHTS, TOKYO DISNEYLAND CHRISTMAS FANTASY 2007, TOKYO DISNEY SEA HARBORSIDE CHRISTMAS.

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disneyland & Disney Sea Christmas CD's 2007

Leave it TDR to be so kind to the fans, season after season...,year after years... And at WDW, we still do not have the entire SpectroMagic soundtrack on an official CD.

• Shubisha

Duuuuuude. Listen to the preview clip from the christmas parade
    http://www.disney.co.jp/records/albu...623/index.html (click song list then the little music note).

Awesome!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Awesome!
    That pretty much sums up the entire TDR experience.

BTW...you can listen to clips from all the tracks on each of these cd' if you click on the track list for each, and then the musical note next to each track. Happy listening.

• Shubisha

still no indication of whether or not the dreamlights christmas version will include music from the new floats or not, but the lack of anything on the cover art makes me think it won't.

I listened to Christmas Dreams On Parade.... TDL DID IT AGAIN!!!! How do they do it year to year? This is a great way to head into the 25th! I can't wait for 2008!

Anyone know there will be Show Stops in the Parade?

i do hope that they add the new floats to the electrical parade christmas soundtrack it would be a shame if they didn't!, i really love the new music to their new Christmas Fantasy Parade, evrey year it sounds better and grander! Its just odd that they only put 1 track on 1 cd instead they should combine all the CD's into one but thats probably because the entire soundracks of each show and parade would not fit on 1 CD unless it was edited. That's a good thing about Tokyo Disney Resort, they always release their show/parade soundtracks in full. Im going to get the Christmas Fantasy, and Electrical Parade CD's, I think i can go without Harborside Christmas, unless i download it from somewhere. Also, I cant wait til next year when they release all the 25th Anniversary Stuff, man im going to go so BROKE!

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Leave it TDR to be so kind to the fans, season after season...,year after years... And at WDW, we still do not have the entire SpectroMagic soundtrack on an official CD.
    At least WDW has something...and while they may not put out the full cuts or the best mix, they are getting better at releasing entertainment music. I have to give them credit where it's due.

I cannot say the same for Disneyland Resort - talk about a resort that releases practically nothing!...and you think WDW is bad?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    At least WDW has something...and while they may not put out the full cuts or the best mix, they are getting better at releasing entertainment music. I have to give them credit where it's due.
    I have to agree that WDW's releases are getting better. Then again... a lot of the music they have released at WDW lately was heard/released first at TDL, with re-recorded lyrics for the MK! "Dream Along with Mickey" was partly from TDL's 20th anniversary castle, Cinderellabration came from TDL as well, the current music of the afternoon parade at the MK (and the intro for the grand marshalls) are the current TDL parade music (and the 20th anniversary theme song for the latter).... Believe it or not, a portion of SpectroMagic's soundtrack was available on CD in Japan a few years back! beating the MK on it.

But yes, as you mentioned, the MK is getting better. The "Event Music" cd was a nice treat.

I cannot say the same for Disneyland Resort - talk about a resort that releases practically nothing!...and you think WDW is bad?
    Hmmm... I well I thought the 50th anniversary box was nice, and they have released the Haunted Nightmare cd...which just got released in Japan with the TDL ride-mix.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Hmmm... I well I thought the 50th anniversary box was nice, and they have released the Haunted Nightmare cd...which just got released in Japan with the TDL ride-mix.
    The box set is great, and included some of the classic live entertainment such as MSEP, Fantasmic!, but those have been released before on their own cds- together actually. What the box set, and most DLR albums do, is focus on attraction music rather than live entertainment. I can't tell you how many pirates and mansion and attractions cds have been released in comparison to all the entertainment that has been put out, and that which still lies in the vault somewhere.

What DLR has failed to do for so long is release the parade (and some stage show) music - Parade of Dreams, Block Party Bash, A Christmas Fantasy, Snow White...An Enchanting Musical, and numerous past parades and stage shows. The list goes on. To me, such a disappointment and failed opportunity...and isn't this an American company that loves the almighty dollar?
    There have been a few exceptions here and there, but the loses far outweigh them...which is why I sadly put DLR at the bottom of the list.

For example, Parade of Dreams...not even the show stop "Welcome" made it to any cd. That, if anything, should be released as it is the theme of the parade. While, for this song and many others, there is plenty of red tape, legalities, and whatnot that have to be worked out in the first place, not to mention money and payment - I still find it oddly funny that some resorts do it while others don't.
    Like "Welcome", there was a supposed explanation that the rights were held by Phil Collins (who wrote the song) and that is why the song couldn't be released so easily from the parade version for purchase. Yet, there are the two versions released on the official Brother Bear movie soundtrack, not to mention the pop version on Disney Mania 2, and the rumor that another pop version is being done for an upcoming Disney Mania cd...so, why is the parade version so different. Funny how I can never get a straight answer, nor the same one, from any one person I have spoken to within Disney. I had a long talk with Randy Thornton himself (well, private message) where he explained a lot to me.
    Anyway, I ramble...what I'm trying to get to is that it's interesting to me how the resorts (under TWDC banner) operate so differently on this stuff. WDW and Paris - not to bad, getting better. DLR and HK - sad, just sad.

Still I hope DLR gets their act together someday.
    I truly hope it happens. There are people, plenty of people - beyond the fans - that want this music.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 10-25-2007 at 09:27 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post

What DLR has failed to do for so long is release the parade (and some stage show) music - Parade of Dreams, Block Party Bash, A Christmas Fantasy, Snow White...An Enchanting Musical, and numerous past parades and stage shows. The list goes on. To me, such a disappointment and failed opportunity...and isn't this an American company that loves the almighty dollar?
    I agree. At TDR, the 20th anniversary box did have one cd "Sounds of the park" or something like that, where some of the walkaround performers were featured. I thought it was a classy touch to include such a nice extra cd in the set.

• Shubisha

I thought the same about Disneyland and still think the licensing gaffe that's led to no Parade of Dreams or Block Party Bash release is humiliating.

But thinking about it I have to give them some credit. When it comes to shows in the last few years Fantasmic, Remember Dreams Come True(50th/post 50th), Believe, Believe in Holiday Magic, Small World Holiday, Luminaria, Light Magic, Parade of the Stars(45th/post 45th), Eureka(9 min track), both the 2001 and 2002+ versions of Haunted Mansion Holiday, everything on that 50th set that hadn't been on "Official Albums" prior not to mention all the high-quality remasterings, the new space mountain, the couple of new songs on each year's cd, yadda...

It's not that NOTHING is getting released, but I think the biggest problem is that releasing something is such an after thought like they're just so terrified the show will bomb and that it takes much more bureaucratic fighting for to get something released than it should. I still get the feeling that it's partly due to the effort merchandise put into light magic and the disappointment they got from it that they've been hesitant about stuff ever since.
    Last edited by almandot; 10-25-2007 at 10:09 PM.

• Banned User

...Still, seems to me Disney is shying from releasing a lot of this stuff because they already know a lot of the fans have gotten a hold of the original tracks for these shows/attractions thru shared/leaked downloads online.

• Shubisha

I kind of think they ignore online downloads oddly. They're practically content at letting stuff get leaked forever instead of making money from it. And now at WDW they're starting to fight it by ruining the cast's rehearsal cds, focusing their effort on keeping the music from getting out there instead of realizing it means there's a demand for this stuff and maybe they can make money off of it.

And i'm very happy to be able to quote a recent Bob Iger interview for this line
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Iger
    The best way to deter pirates is to sell digitally, he said.

"In order to combat piracy, you have to put the product out there in an accessible way," he said. "Let's fight piracy by putting the product out there well-timed, well-priced to the market."
    unfortunately he's talking about movies probably but we can only hope this mentality makes its way to park music one day

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I thought the same about Disneyland and still think the licensing gaffe that's led to no Parade of Dreams or Block Party Bash release is humiliating.

But thinking about it I have to give them some credit. When it comes to shows in the last few years Fantasmic, Remember Dreams Come True(50th/post 50th), Believe, Believe in Holiday Magic, Small World Holiday, Luminaria, Light Magic, Parade of the Stars(45th/post 45th), Eureka(9 min track), both the 2001 and 2002+ versions of Haunted Mansion Holiday, everything on that 50th set that hadn't been on "Official Albums" prior not to mention all the high-quality remasterings, the new space mountain, the couple of new songs on each year's cd, yadda...

It's not that NOTHING is getting released, but I think the biggest problem is that releasing something is such an after thought like they're just so terrified the show will bomb and that it takes much more bureaucratic fighting for to get something released than it should. I still get the feeling that it's partly due to the effort merchandise put into light magic and the disappointment they got from it that they've been hesitant about stuff ever since.
    true...attractions, fireworks, they are pretty good at...parades and stage shows - that's the issue, to me at least.

The way Randy Thornton put it, is if they get all the legalities, payment for musicians, and all the other stuff (there's quite a bit, I'm sure) worked out from the beginning, and have it in the contracts that cd releases/release for purchase are authorized - then a lot of the "important/crucial stuff" for getting this music released is set up. It is then up to Walt Disney Records, the Disneyland merchandise team, and big executives to give the green light to put it out for purchase. Again, that's sort of the basic routine - I am sure it truly is more complex than that - but that's the simplified way Randy put it.
    The issue is when they realize they should have released it, or the public asks/demands for it, or there is a consideration to do it later, that all that legal stuff and contracts and payment become so important. If it's all taken care of in the first place, then it's more feasible. When it's not, it makes it more likely that they won't bother to do it - to much red tape to go through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast