Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• When Will It Return?

Re: Is Tokyo Disneyland less fun?

Aladdin's got nothing on Big Band Beat.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Minion

I pretty much agree with the above statements. As far as entertainment (and attractions, and dining, and shopping, etc) goes, I think the Tokyo Disney Resort is by far the best in terms of quality and quantity. But it's still lacking a spectacular fireworks show on the scale of Wishes or Remember...Dreams Come True. But the amazing parades, stage shows, and lagoon shows definitely make up for it.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    I did never visit Tokyo Disneyland and I agree, that Tokyo Disney Sea seems to be the most beautiful Disney Park ever built.

But when I see pictures and videos of the Tokyo Disney Resort, I feel something different than seeing stuff from Anaheim, Orlando, Paris or Hongkong.

It's like the shows are not as Disney or original as in the other parks (Legend of the Lion King, Aladdin, the Tarzan show in Paris, etc) - that new characters are not showing up in Tokyo or the High School Musical is not playing in Tokyo.

Is it only a impression or am I right?

Your thoughts
    Its only an impression, What I like actually about the shows at TDR is that all are original productions that all include original soundtracks. I challenge you to go and watch not on video but in person a viewing of Minnie Oh Minnie and not have fun.

• Banned User

Having been to all of the Disney parks (except DLR) in October, I can honestly say the Paris park is the one Disneyland that is the most un-Disney like in the way they conduct their business and other operational issues (maintenance/upkeep) with the product and the CM image as I explained in my thread in the DLP section..

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Having been to all of the Disney parks (except DLR) in October, I can honestly say the Paris park is the one Disneyland that is the most un-Disney like in the way they conduct their business and other operational issues (maintenance/upkeep) with the product and the CM image as I explained in my thread in the DLP section..
    I agree. Such a shame too.

• Banned User

Well its a good job you didn't see what I witnessed during my trip to Paris. A CastMember checking her cell phone while inside the park. Since when did Motorolla's become part of the costume hey!

• Sock Puppet

Just a random question,

In TDR, is the language barrier a big issue? Can you communicate with the cast members in english?

• Banned User

Yes most Castmembers will understand many english phases and you can easily comunicate like this. But finding a CM who will talk English back may be a bit difficult. But more and more are trying and I've noticed a big improvement in a year. Your best bet is to try speaking english to them and see what reaction you get.

• Banned User

But may I add... speak to them S-L-O-W-L-Y, as it will get you far. However, it never helps to know some basic japanese phrases... like "gomen-nasai" (please), "sumimasen" (excuse me), nihon-go wakarimasen (do not speak japanese), and my favorite.."toire wa doko-desu-ga?" (where is the restroom?). Know those, and you will be in great shape.

you are alright - anyhow I watched some adverts of Tokyo Disneyland and the video park guides and I need to say that there is only a few kids everywhere.

It looks like Tokyo Disney Resort is very attractive to adults who try to escape their day to day life in Japan, rather than be a park for the families and the kids. For me, these parks a little bit off track when it's about the main idea of our great "Walt Disney".

But - I did never visit the parks in Japan - so I can easily be wrong.

• Minion

you are alright - anyhow I watched some adverts of Tokyo Disneyland and the video park guides and I need to say that there is only a few kids everywhere.

It looks like Tokyo Disney Resort is very attractive to adults who try to escape their day to day life in Japan, rather than be a park for the families and the kids. For me, these parks a little bit off track when it's about the main idea of our great "Walt Disney".

Actually, there are a lot of children visiting. Videos don't properly convey the actual reality. And it makes no difference if adults like to visit the Disney parks. After all, we're all young at heart and children deep inside.

• Sock Puppet

The majority of TDR guests are adult females according to the OLC's web site.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/company/guest/index.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    The majority of TDR guests are adult females according to the OLC's web site.
    And the majority of those adult females are incredibly hot and cute looking

• Sea Creature

There are simply less and less families with small children in Japan these days. Women are being paid to have children.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    And the majority of those adult females are incredibly hot and cute looking
    Can we start a thread about this, please? (Pretty please?)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast