Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Tokyo Disneyland less fun?

I did never visit Tokyo Disneyland and I agree, that Tokyo Disney Sea seems to be the most beautiful Disney Park ever built.

But when I see pictures and videos of the Tokyo Disney Resort, I feel something different than seeing stuff from Anaheim, Orlando, Paris or Hongkong.

It's like the shows are not as Disney or original as in the other parks (Legend of the Lion King, Aladdin, the Tarzan show in Paris, etc) - that new characters are not showing up in Tokyo or the High School Musical is not playing in Tokyo.

Is it only a impression or am I right?

Your thoughts

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Re: Is Tokyo Disneyland less fun?

I feel TDR has some of the most unique live entertainment of all the parks. They frequently have special events or mini-parades that are different from the daily parades. There are also attractions that cannot be found in any other park. I don't think they will ever get something like High School Musical because that isn't what the fan base in Japan is interested in.

It is definately my favorite resort to visit because of the Disney experience. I have never found a CM to be unhappy and to me that adds to the magic.

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    or the High School Musical is not playing in Tokyo.
    and the problem is??? I'm GLAD it's not in Tokyo...after Disney made the stupidest idea ever to put it smack dab in the middle of Tomorrowland at MK, I am grateful that it isn't planted at a place where it doesn't belong at least in Tokyo.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    and the problem is??? I'm GLAD it's not in Tokyo...after Disney made the stupidest idea ever to put it smack dab in the middle of Tomorrowland at MK, I am grateful that it isn't planted at a place where it doesn't belong at least in Tokyo.
    It's not in Tomorrowland anymore, it's at the Studios now. And when I saw it coming when I was there in August, I ran the other way screaming.

• Loves Mickey!

I can only speak for TDR vs WDW but I have way more fun at the Tokyo parks because of the fun shows and parades and the amazing castmembers.

• Sock Puppet

If you've been to The Magic Kingdom then yeah, Tokyo Disneyland will feel pretty similar. If you've been to either Disneyland or MK, I would see Disneyland Paris instead if you want to experience a fresh take on the Magic Kingdom style park.

TDL on it's own is excellent though, and if you've only been to Disneyland Paris or Hong Kong Disneyland, and don't want to visit the American parks, then go to TDL.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I like Tokyo Disney.
    It is a great experience, quite difficult to communicate at times.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    It's not in Tomorrowland anymore, it's at the Studios now. And when I saw it coming when I was there in August, I ran the other way screaming.
    I know but I'll never forgive them for that

• Sea Creature

It's like the shows are not as Disney or original as in the other parks (Legend of the Lion King, Aladdin, the Tarzan show in Paris, etc)
    I'll agree lots of the shows at Tokyo Disneyland are not as grand and sweeping as the other park's shows. However, Tokyo has some seasonal event that features one absolutely spectacular show, the rest are just cute.
    DisneySea doesn't have the quantity that TDL has but it certainly has quality. The shows aren't as "Disney" in that there isn't too much of a character influence, but they are dripping with quality and detail.
    new characters are not showing up in Tokyo or the High School Musical is not playing in Tokyo.
    I've actually seen quite a few new characters in Tokyo. You have to remember that movies usually premiere in Japan a few months later so the process is slower in Japan.

High School Musical is indeed in Japan and very successful.

• Banned User

It's like the shows are not as Disney or original as in the other parks (Legend of the Lion King, Aladdin, the Tarzan show in Paris, etc) - that new characters are not showing up in Tokyo or the High School Musical is not playing in Tokyo.

Is it only a impression or am I right?

Your thoughts
    My thoughts are that it was your loss for not going to TDL. Furthermore, the very same reasons you mentioned above happen to be the same reasons why TDL is a better park. Personally, I feel the shows here are extremely well done and quite "Disney" in every sense. Me for a chance am quite glad that High School Musical garbage is not done at TDR. TDL is all about "DISNEY" and not about Disney Channel, like the other parks have regrettably become.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    I'll agree lots of the shows at Tokyo Disneyland are not as grand and sweeping as the other park's shows.
    I disagree with you 150% here. The regular shows at TDL are in my modest opinion much better, more varied and more expensive productions as opposed to what I have been seeing at the other parks lately.. Plus, TDL offers at least 6 (that is SIX) different regular and TDL-unique daily shows, several times every day. Comapre that to WDW's one and only stage show "DReam along with Mickey" which is a mediocre production, or DLP's only (at the moment) Lion King show, which is a fabulous show, or even HKDL's Lion King and Golden Mickeys, which are just as good as anything TDL does daily. I just got back from DLP, where sunday, the crowds were insane and the park closed at 10pm..yet! there were NO fireworks and NO electrical parade.

I have been to all the Disney Resorts as well, and Tokyo Disney Resort is by far the most amazing one all around. Especially when it comes to shows and entertainment.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I disagree with you 150% here. The regular shows at TDL are in my modest opinion much better, more varied and more expensive productions as opposed to what I have been seeing at the other parks lately.. Plus, TDL offers at least 6 (that is SIX) different regular and TDL-unique daily shows, several times every day. Comapre that to WDW's one and only stage show "DReam along with Mickey" which is a mediocre production, or DLP's only (at the moment) Lion King show, which is a fabulous show, or even HKDL's Lion King and Golden Mickeys, which are just as good as anything TDL does daily. I just got back from DLP, where sunday, the crowds were insane and the park closed at 10pm..yet! there were NO fireworks and NO electrical parade.
    Unless I am mistaken, he was talking about Tokyo Disneyland versus DisneySea, not parks elsewhere in the world. So I doubt you disagree with him 150%

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, he was talking about Tokyo Disneyland versus DisneySea, not parks elsewhere in the world. So I doubt you disagree with him 150%
    What I was saying is that shows like Horseshoe Roundup, Minnie Oh! Minnie, Lilo's Luau and Fun, Super Duper Jumpin' Time, and Pecos Goofy's Frontier Revue are cute and very Japanese, not grand and sweeping. However, Tokyo Disneyland has some gigantic, spectacular seasonal productions that indeed show up anything any other park has to offer. Also, if we're talking parades, nobody does them better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    What I was saying is that shows like Horseshoe Roundup, Minnie Oh! Minnie, Lilo's Luau and Fun, Super Duper Jumpin' Time, and Pecos Goofy's Frontier Revue are cute and very Japanese, not grand and sweeping.
    And what I was saying is that the shows you mentioned up above are much bigger and better to most shows they are doing at the other parks. All Lion King shows in Paris, Orlando and HK are the exception.. with the Nemo show at DAK, and Aladdin at DCA being shows that are comparable to what TDS offers on their stages.

However, Tokyo Disneyland has some gigantic, spectacular seasonal productions that indeed show up anything any other park has to offer. Also, if we're talking parades, nobody does them better.
    That I can agree with 150%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast