Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• You have much to learn...

Disney/Toy Shops in Tokyo

Hi,

I'll be heading out to the TDR in a few days & have been looking up some other things to do. I know theres a Disney Store in Iksperi, but is there a Disney Store in Tokyo itself. I'm a little familiar with the train from Maihama to Tokyo and have been to the general Ginza area and Imperial palace.

Can anyone let me know if there is a Disney store in the general area, or if there are any other good toy or collectible shops around tokyo. I've wandered around for a few days, but couldn't really find anything good. I've only been to book shops and the Mitsukoshi dept store and will have a few days to see if I can find anything else.

Any suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Disney/Toy Shops in Tokyo

My favorite toy store to go to is Hakuhinkan. It's the second one mentioned in this article which also gives the addresses to various toy shops. (It also lists the Shibuya Disney Store location and website) http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/441/products.asp

You should really check out Yamashiroya Toy Store a great toystore, 7 floors of toys on top of Ueno Station.

http://www.e-yamashiroya.com/

SW

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
    You should really check out Yamashiroya Toy Store a great toystore, 7 floors of toys on top of Ueno Station.

http://www.e-yamashiroya.com/

SW
    Good suggestion, but it's not on top of Ueno Station. It's across the street via the Hirokoji Exit.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Hakuhinkan is a famous toy store you should check out too. It`s in Ginza/Shinbashi.

http://www.hakuhinkan.co.jp/contents/english.html

• Banned User

There are several Disney Stores in the Tokyo area... but the one to go to is the Shibuya location for the theming. One of the best Disney Stores on Earth. The others are located in Ikspiari at TDR, in Odaiba (in the same shopping complex where Toys R Us is; next to Nikko Hotel), in Yokohama near the Landmark Tower shopping complex, and there is a smaller store in Narita Town by the airport, in the shopping mall just outside the Keisei train Kozunomori station (one stop away from the Keisei Narita Station in town, NOT the airport).

• When Will It Return?

The Aqua City's Disney Store isn't much to sneeze at. Felt like your typical mall Disney store, minus Children's Place. Kinda felt like what Disney Stores used to feel like.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Lost in Wonderland

Sunshine City in Ikebukuro has a Disney Store, on the bottom floor. It has the typical mall Disney store design too. But there are a lot of other stores to shop or dine at in Sunshine City, including Toys R Us, and a Ghibli (My Neighbor Totoro) store. They also have Namja Town (somewhat of an indoor mini theme park), but it doesn't really appeal to my taste.

Some of the larger electronics stores also have hobby/toy branches, such as Sakuraya (Shinjuku hobby store). There's another one also in Shinjuku (Yodobashi? or Bic? Camera that has a hobby store). The advantage to these is that they usually have discounted prices. But they're probably more hobby orientated than toy. And the ones in Tokyo usually have smaller selections than the large toy specific stores. You also might find some Toy/Hobby floors. in some of the larger electronic stores in Akihabara.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I'll try to make it to some of them while I'm there. I've been to Tokyo a few times, but never had too much time to go out exploring on my own. I've basically taken all the typical day tours that are offered in the area so I want to try going around on my own with my friend who's going with me for the week.

• Banned User

Also, while at TDL, do not miss visiting the new "Toy Station" store on the Tomorrowland side of World Bazaar. They have some very unique TDR Disney toys in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Good suggestion, but it's not on top of Ueno Station. It's across the street via the Hirokoji Exit.
    Thanks Joe, i remember heading to Ueno Zoo to see the pandas during my last trip and coming across this toy store close to the station......

Needless to say after an hour of wandering round the store we finally went to see the pandas.... then came straight back to finish shopping.

Your directions should help me find it again

SW

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
    Thanks Joe, i remember heading to Ueno Zoo to see the pandas during my last trip and coming across this toy store close to the station......

Needless to say after an hour of wandering round the store we finally went to see the pandas.... then came straight back to finish shopping.

Your directions should help me find it again

SW
    No problem. Just as a reminder, Ueno Park is on the west side of the station using Koen Exit. The toy store is on the south side using Central Exit/Hirokoji Exit. Have fun!

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn

Thanks for everyones help- I'm off in the morning- If anyone is in the parks next week & see me-not that anyone knows what I look like- stop me to say Hi- I'm the short guy with brown hair who'll be with the tall blond guy

I'll be hitting the city early next week & in the parks for the rest of the time

Jedimaster7313, I'll be at TDR from Nov. 7th-9th. Look me up contact (at) jtcent (dot) com. Have a nice trip.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

jedimaster7313 have a great time and let us know how you get on. Also if you get a chance to meet up with JoeInJpn I highly recomend doing so!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast