• I Hug My Tapirs

Kamogawa Sea World?

Hi everyone! I'm currently planning a trip to TDR for next June. Having a background in marine mammal training, one of the other places I'd love to see while I'm there is Kamogawa Sea World. It looks like it's not too far away from Tokyo, but I know maps can be deceiving. So I'm curious - would a day trip out there be feasible? Or would it be too far away for one day? Is it easy to get to by train, and how much would I be looking at paying for transportation?

If anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Kamogawa Sea World?

I'm going to move this thread to the Tokyo section in the hopes that one of the people there will have some info for you.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• I Hug My Tapirs

Thanks! I just didn't want to stick it here if it didn't belong, since it's not a Disney park.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Hi xfkirsten,

Kamogawa Sea World is in the same prefecture as Tokyo Disney Resort but it's way out in the southern part of the peninsula.

The JR "View Wakashio" express train from Tokyo Station takes just less than 2 hours and costs 4000yen each way per person.

Did you want to go to this park in particular or any interactive marine park around Tokyo? I believe Hakkeijima Sea Paradise offers similar activities and is just 45min by local train from Central Tokyo. http://www.seaparadise.co.jp/english/

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

I agree with Joe. Unless you have a thing for killer whales, Hakkeijima Sea Paradise offers more. Kamogawa Sea World is also quite far from the station too (you`ll need to take a bus).

If you are looking for something closer but smaller you can try:

1) Shinagawa Aquarium (Free bus service from Oimachi Station)

http://www.aquarium.gr.jp/en/index.html

2) Epson Shinagawa Aqua Stadium (just a few minutes on foot from Shinagawa Station)

http://www.princehotels.co.jp/shinag...m/e/index.html

3)Tokyo Sea Life Park (The next station down from Maihama heading towards Tokyo)

http://www.tokyo-zoo.net/english/kasai/main.html#about

If I had to choose one, I would go with Hakkeijima Sea Paradise
    Last edited by hawachan; 11-16-2007 at 09:00 AM.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely have to look into those. I wouldn't mind the longer trip so much, but that's like $75 USD roundtrip for the train. Ouch! Hakkeijima Sea Paradise looks like a pretty nice one! I'd been looking at Kamogawa mainly because of the killer whales... but I can hop on a whale watch cruise and see the wild ones right here at home for less than it would cost me just to get there! Tokyo Sea Life Park seems pretty easy to get to from TDR, too, so that might be a good way to spend an afternoon relaxing.

Thanks!

Epson Shinagawa Aqua Stadium: We stayed in the hotel with this our second trip. We never did check it out but the videos they played in the hotel room did make it look interesting. The Shinagawa Prince Hotel has a movie theater and several rides too.

• Banned User

I am sure many here will know that Kamogawa Sea World is NOT affiliated with the Sea World parks in the USA. Only the name and the killer whales are similar. Don't go there expecting the same experiences you get at Sea World San Diego/Orlando/San Antonio.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Oh, I've known that for years. I worked for SeaWorld here in the States. I'm specifically looking for a different experience.

Talking Re: Kamogawa Sea World?

Hi

I liked Kamogawa a lot, because :

- the pelican parade right in front of you
    - you can take pictures of you with a killer whale, dolphins etc.
    - you can buy a "behind the scences" tour

you can do kamogawa in one day.
    I got there from the ferry station in "kurihama" (I lived in Yokohama, so I went by train down south to the ferry station) to Chiba "Hamakanaya" and then I took the train to Kamogawa. There is a bus from Hamakanaya, but its double the price of the train and as I wanted to see the seaside while travelling I chose the train. I think I paid 1500 Yen for the train ... and around the same for the ferry.

Make sure to not miss the last ferry at around 5ish. The trains from Hamakanaya takes appr. 2hrs to Kamogawa.

From Kamogawa station you can either walk to the Seaworld (20mins) or you can take a bus.

Questions? ataje -AT - gmx.de