DisneySea or DisneyLand?

My girlfriend and I are going to both parks this Friday and Saturday (11/23-11/24). This should be a busy weekend as Friday is a national holiday.

We are arriving from Fukuoka on Friday morning around 10am, and will get to the park hopefully not much past 11am. So, Friday will definitely be our shortest day since we'll have the entire day on Saturday.

The question is, Which day deserves which park? We both have been to disneyland, magic kingdom, HK disney, and california adventure. Does anyone know which park will be busier? We're going mainly for the rides and the overall theme. I'm sure we'll attend some shows, etc.

Got any scheduling advice?

Thanks!!

-Scott

• Minion

Re: DisneySea or DisneyLand?

Saturday is the busiest day of the week, so I suggest Tokyo DisneySea on that day. It will be a much more relaxing experience for you that way, and Tokyo Disneyland on Friday should be more manageable.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Thanks!

Does anyone also know about wheelchair access? Which rides have lines for wheelchairs, and which have special entrances? Is their a site to find this out?

Arigatou

Quote Originally Posted by DearScotty View Post
    Thanks!

Does anyone also know about wheelchair access? Which rides have lines for wheelchairs, and which have special entrances? Is their a site to find this out?

Arigatou
    Check this link for information on services for guests with disabilities. In Japan, this system is referred to as "Barrier Free".

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ree/index.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Check this link for information on services for guests with disabilities. In Japan, this system is referred to as "Barrier Free".

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ree/index.html

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    Thanks. I checked the link about but it doesn't quite explain which rides have you wait in line with everyone else. At Disneyland (CA) there are many rides like space mountain, rocky mountain, splash, etc, where you enter at the exists or at the fast pass point. But WDW didn't quite offer this and so you had to wait in line on the wheelchair.

In that case, just check with the Cast Member at the stand-by entrance. They'll show you to the proper entrance. I believe they will automatically offer an alternate entrance if they see a guest in a wheelchair.

Most importantly, be aware of the individual attraction requirements for guests using wheelchairs since they can vary based on the guests physical abilities. I'm not too sure how they are spelled out in the US, but for the Japanese parks, it's pretty clearly stated. I recommend printing the pages in the above link, so as to avoid any language problems.
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Saturday is the busiest day of the week, so I suggest Tokyo DisneySea on that day. It will be a much more relaxing experience for you that way, and Tokyo Disneyland on Friday should be more manageable.
    I'm going to second TDR_Fan's suggestion. But really, you'll enjoy yourself no matter how you divide your time.

• Banned User

I agree with TomGirl.. besides, with Christmas Fantasy going on at TDL, it will not matter much what day of the week you will find smaller crowds. I was at TDR this past wednesday and TDL was jammed packed! TDS was very busy but not horribly bad.

However, this is not meant to scare you but to prepare you... if you plan on arriving at 11am like you mentioned you would.. then be advised beforehand that most Fastpasses for major attractions will be distributed for most of the daytime hours. Hunny hunt FP will probably be gone by noon, same for Astroblasters.

The trick to enjoy the park in very crowded conditions is to arrive there by 8am at the lastest, 7am if this is a national holiday in Japan.. and start playing the Fastpass game from the very beginning of the day. The longer you take to arrive at TDR, the more you will be forced to by pass some rides due to very long stand by waits. So GOOD LUCK! If you plan on being there at least 3-days, then I guess that would buy you time to enjoy somethings with minimal wait times in the early hours after the parks open.

uh oh...

I tried to get the 2day pass from 7-11 but they're sold out. Does that mean the tickets at the park are sold out as well? Or should I just assume the advanced tickets are finished. If so, how often do they actually reach capacity at Disneyland? I purchased the TDS passes just in case.

Bummer.

• Banned User

OK.. don't panic. The fact that 7-11 was sold out of the ticket does not mean they are sold out for the days you are going. I believe the passes sold at convenience stores are not date-specific, but rather bulk-type tickets that can be used anyday. However, if you show up at TDL with one such ticket and the park is already closed due to capacity, you will NOT be able to enter the park.

My suggestion at this time is.. check to see if you happen to have a Disney Store nearby your place in Fukuoka. They are now operated by OLC and they have a TDR ticket counter in-store where you can purchase "date-specific" tickets that will garranty you entry into TDL or TDS even after the park is closed to other guests. However, they will only sell dated tickets if they still have them available. They have a calendar chart at those ticket counters where they will show a "SOLD OUT" over any particular date if they have indeed sold all of the advanced tickets.

Also, even if advanced tickets are sold out for any particular day, they will still sell tickets at the ticket windows in the morning of that day. My suggestion on those days is to be there one hour before park opening to ensure you will be able to get a ticket for that day, but do expect major crowds as well, which all the more is reason to be there at opening time. Ticket windows open one hour before park opening time. They will continue to sell tickets until the park reaches capacity. If that happens, they will close the ticket windows. Only guests who have prepurchased dated ticket for that particular day will be allowed to enter the park.

As for how often TDL closes due to capacity... well that's hard to predict, but if they are not selling "dated" tickets for any particular day, chances are rather good for such closure to occur, and when it does, it usually happens by 11am. When that happens, recorded messages will play over the pa system outside the park, and in some major train stations, signs advicing travelers of the closure will be placed nearby train platforms where connecting service to TDR is done. Apart from several days back in May, I do not think TDL has closed due to crowds since then.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 11-19-2007 at 12:16 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Tokyo DisneySea is far more unique than any Disneyland park. I haven't been to a Tokyo park. Still, I know that TDR_Fan knows what he's talking about. So, I'd take him up on his advice and attend DL on Friday and save the best park experience for last - on Saturday.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2007 at 12:13 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Tokyo DisneySea is far more unique than any Disneyland park. I haven't been to a Tokyo park. Still, i know that TDR_Fan knows what he's talking about. So, I'd take hom up on his advice and attend DL on Friday and save the best park experience for last - on Saturday.
    Thank you for the compliment.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Sea Creature

You've got the right advice, Tokyo Disneyland should be more manageable on Friday.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'll go with everyone else here and do TDS on the busy day. Crowds thanks to the parks unique designed are more spaced out around the park. I visited TDS on a Saturday during a holiday weekend in Japan and TOT only had a 40 minute wait.