• On A Disney World Tour...

Any special TDL forum ?

Was wondering if there was an only Tokyo Disney Resort anlophone forum on the web ? I'd be curious to read a forum where TDL get the same attention DLR gets here
    Joe ?
    Marlin ?
    TDLFAN ?
    Anyone know about such a place ?
    Last edited by CheriBibi; 11-25-2007 at 05:38 AM.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• The Darkness to Light

Re: Any special TDL forum ?

You'd probably have to learn how to read Japanese if you are looking for the same kind of forum that DLR and WDW get as far as fanatics who believe the park can do no wrong.

The English ones are pretty much laced with the few regulars you already see here on MiceChat and a random assortment of others, but those generally have people filtering in from the WDW and DLR groups that believe the international parks are failures due to domestic propaganda, what few there is that is. (Personal note: They way they treated the Cinderellabration import is seen as part of their propaganda attempts to me, despite the fact they brought Buzz in completely unchanged.) These are normally the same people that think HKDL is Disney's Recycling Bin despite the Halloween Glow in the Dark and Mickey's WaterWorks parade being two very original productions for the park. They are also the ones that can't take TDLFAN's photo proof of the lack of upkeep in the MK from what I've been able to follow.

MiceChat, to it's credit, is the only English site that I've come across that gives the international parks the same attention as the ones about the domestic parks. And the community is more open and mature than the ones I've been banned from.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Banned User

I agree with you Zeek. Some of the other sites out there claim to cover stuff from other parks, when in fact, there is a bunch of people too closely associated with Disney working at those sites telling what they want you to hear about the international parks, which sometimes is misleading or just plain personal opinions. MC at least allows a venue for some of us to show a bit more than what you'd get at some other laughable sites. Also personal sites like Joe's TDR site (www.jtcent.com) are a great way to get what the TDR experience is all about, and I believe he may have a forum section as well.
    But to answer Cheri's inquiry.. there are several japanese only sites where fans congregate to talk TDR. However, they are in japanese as Zeek explained. Also, the japanese fans can be very fanatical or very critical for what I can see... and that does not paint a good picture, because I honestly believe the fanatics in Japan do not realize how much better their resort is when compared to the other properties, and that lack of better knowledge can paint a misleading picture of what TDR is all about...and how unique and excellent it can be.

Understood. Thanks guys. I was asking mainly for have a better coverage of the various constuction/evolution/rumors about TDL. I guess Joe spoiled us with his weekly pictural update of ToT construction. Now I feel blind not to see Monster Inc and Disneyland Hotel raising from ground as upclose as I wished. Ah well, will have to go back

Thanks anyway !

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    which sometimes is misleading or just plain personal opinions.
    Or slander/libel.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    I guess Joe spoiled us with his weekly pictural update of ToT construction. Now I feel blind not to see Monster Inc and Disneyland Hotel raising from ground as upclose as I wished!
    Well, Joe being a personal and very dear friend of mine, I can tell you that you won't get better coverage from a westerner FOR a western audience than Joe's site, but he is also a busy person as well..reason why he may or may not be able to do weekly installments. But he is the best source we've got. Of course, there is Malin's favorite hangout, DeepDisney, if you want to see almost daily updates from TDR, but that site is in Japanese and meant to cater to Japanese fans. Those DeepDisney guys have no life and seem to live at TDR.

I do my best with what little time I spend at TDR and you can always see my photos if you follow the link below this post. But Joe is the best way to go for sure.

• The Darkness to Light

Joe also has better event/show videos than most sites. If a parade or show is very character heavy, the Japanese sites will more than likely focus on the character rather than give you a wider shot of what is going on. Especially if one of the mice is within the camera's range.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

No question about the quality of Joe's site. Number one for me.