• Banned User

A TDR Xmas to remember...

As the Christmas season enters it's last 2 weeks...it's quite appropriate to reminice about the wonderful Xmas entertainment we have been provided at TDR. Here are some short video clips from this year's holiday festivities at the park. get your Kleenex box ready, and let's enjoy TDR's Xmas one more time...

http://xmas.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/movie/index.html

Enjoy..

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: A TDR Xmas to remember...

Wonderful videos thanks for sharing.

I really need to visit TDR during the Christmas season one year. By the way while we're on the subject of Christmas may I just wish all on this board a Merry Christmas.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Banned User

"Happy Holidays" would be more politically correct. Some people here are not "christians".

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    "Happy Holidays" would be more politically correct. Some people here are not "christians".
    Most people in Japan are not Christian and they celebrate it, same goes with Hong Kong which has a small Christian population. It can be celebrated as a secular holiday and no one need be offended by it.

I detest political correctness, TDLFAN. In asking us to say "Happy Holidays" you might want to realize that you may offend some in trying "not" to offend any.

ImagineerWarrior

• Banned User

Likewise I detest intended bad spelling... like "waryur". But I am honored you decided to join Micechat and used your very first post to offer a critique of ME as opposed to Disney. Your irritation is my triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Likewise I detest intended bad spelling... like "waryur". But I am honored you decided to join Micechat and used your very first post to offer a critique of ME as opposed to Disney. Your irritation is my triumph.
    Glad to have detested you TDLFAN. Just so you know, the reason it's spelled that way is there is a character limit and it will not allow me to write the entire name "ImagineerWarrior". It's one character too many.

As for my critique of you, it's not you personally, but I really have dealt with way too much PC stuff here in California lately and had a discussion with several friends about the "Happy Holidays" phrase recently. It grates on my nerves how so many people are looking to be offended. This is not you I'm talking about, just that your statement brought this talk I have back to mind.

As an example: It's sad when a Christmas School Musical has to be called a Winter Snow Musical and the songs they get to sing are "I'd like to teach the world to sing", "We are the world" and "We are family". Not to mention the school's colors, which is red are banned because it is part of the red and green of Christmas colors and they don't want to offend anyone. I was truly, truly offended myself at have witnessed this spectical. They ruined what could have been a lovely Christmas show for the children. I happen to think that common sense should prevail, but lawyers would tend to think the opposite.

So have your triumph... it appears that you don't want to offend anyone that doesn't celebrate Christmas, but you relish offending those that do.

How very PC of you.

ImagineerWarrior
    Last edited by ImagineerWaryur; 12-20-2007 at 03:12 PM.

• Banned User

Oh well.. can't win all. So have a happy holidays anyways. I know I will.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    I detest political correctness, TDLFAN. In asking us to say "Happy Holidays" you might want to realize that you may offend some in trying "not" to offend any.

When it comes to living in a PC world, you have two choices either you can walk on egg shells everytime you say something. Or choose to ignore, which is what I always do.

So Merry Christmas to you all
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Loves Mickey!

Happy Holidays is fine but the thread was about Christmas at TDL so Merry Christmas everyone!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Happy Holidays is fine but the thread was about Christmas at TDL so Merry Christmas everyone!
    Then it would be more appropriate to say... "Minasan Merry Cristmassu"!!! :P

Nice to hear you say that TDLFAN. Very cathartic, I think. But be careful. I think that was a statement in Japanese? You may wind up offending those that don't speak it.

Hehe... see how a lack of reason and common sense can make us loose sight of what's important in life?

Merry Christmas or Minasan Merry Cristmassu to you TDLFAN and all here at Micechat.

ImagineerWarrior

• Banned User

Lack of reason and common sense are two things I do not use on purpose when posting. Or else, the enemies will be all over me.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    Most people in Japan are not Christian and they celebrate it, same goes with Hong Kong which has a small Christian population.
    Yes the Japanese celebrate Christmas, but it has no religious meaning for them. Their big holiday is New Year's, which is like a 3 day celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Yes the Japanese celebrate Christmas, but it has no religious meaning for them. Their big holiday is New Year's, which is like a 3 day celebration.
    Which is exactly my point. There is no need to walk around on eggshells worrying we will offend someone celebrating Christmas. I would think someone going to the parks during this time would be going for the Christmas atmosphere anyway, secular or not.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

ImagineerWarrior