• Minion

How cold during Christmas time?

I am considering a trip around Christmas next year. The dates are 12/11 to around maybe right before Christmas. Will Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Raging Spirits, and Journey to the Center of the Earth be open? Will Splash get you wet in December? Thanks.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: How cold during Christmas time?

Hey sounds great I've always wanted to visit at Christmas but I'm now off to WDW instead. I can't coment on the weather but sure JoeInJpn or TDLFAN will be along soon to add to that. I can tell you its best to wait and not book anything yet as the TDR website usually adds ride schedules about 6 months in advance. If Splash Mountain is open I'm afraid your unlikely to get too wet. Getting wet is reserved mainly for the summer months.

• Loves Mickey!

Hi GhostHost2, the water attractions have summer level and winter level water control so you will get less wet during the winter. Don't forget that because it's next to the ocean it will feel much colder so keep that in mind when looking at the temperature. I think Joe's website has the attraction refurbishment dates and you can also check the Tokyo Disney Resort website but it doesn't look like that info is up for next winter yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    I am considering a trip around Christmas next year. The dates are 12/11 to around maybe right before Christmas. Will Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Raging Spirits, and Journey to the Center of the Earth be open? Will Splash get you wet in December? Thanks.
    Well.. for closures, it would be wise to check the official site for that info. Those attractions up above may be closed but not necesarily due to the cold weather.
    As for the month of december... seems to me temperatures in Tokyo could be anywhere from the 30s to the 50s Farenheit. It actually gets much colder in january and february. However, due to TDR's proximity to the bay, sometimes the windchill factor makes the parks feel colder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Hey sounds great I've always wanted to visit at Christmas but I'm now off to WDW instead.
    Oh you poor thing.

• Lost in Wonderland

I don't know what the schedule is for next year, but I was at Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea this last December 9-12. Here's what it was like:
    -Splash Mountain was closed for refurbishment.
    -Big Thunder Mountain, Raging Spirits, and Journey to the Center of the Earth were open, as it was the busy holiday season, even that early in December.
    -The warmest it got was about 20 Celcius one day. Good for pants, a shirt, and sweater. The other days tended to be colder, I'd say around 16 C or less. It did sprinkle on a few of the days, but there wasn't any heavy rain. One of the days they stepped off Christmas Dreams on Parade, but during the first show stop, it started sprinkling, so the 2nd and 3rd show stops were cancelled. But most of the other days it ran as usual. At night it got much colder, and Tokyo DisneySea always seemed to get a bit windier than Tokyo Disneyland. In the evening I'd recommend gloves, a hat or hood, and scarf, in addition to a warm jacket/coat. As a result of the wind, on a few days they cut the fireworks in Legend of Mythica and Braviseamo!